TFCon DC 2017 Showroom Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the things they're doing w/these two - same hands, feet, new wrap-around thigh covers and chest pieces - should work better than the Bruticus/Defensor kits. Presumably no breaking or disassembly. Plus, none of the silliness of how the Defensor kit only sort-of holds together.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

094FF77D-DD8F-4E1D-B46E-B45ED6D5F04C.jpeg

The thumbnail below shows the motorized rumble pile drivers and base that these are are planning as a pack in with the figures...

B4FE92C5-CABA-4B04-B998-3ED43E991C54.jpeg

Motorized pile drivers. Just unreal stuff coming from these Master Mind creators.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CrimsonMagnus

CrimsonMagnus Well-Known Member

Im a sucker for anything Ultra magnus and anything FoC so that FoC Ultra Magnus is a must for me. 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    So glad to see an update from Maketoys on their Headmaster figures. I can't wait to see more on Highbrow.

5. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there some reason why NO company is doing a G1 accurate Cliffjumper in car mode too???  I want that deformed car dangit!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nobody mentioned that Transformission also revealed their IDW version of the autobots disguised as Menasor (complete with magnetic field and phony face)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You meant to say the combiner barely hangs together. I think we know that already :) 

• Like Like x 4
  8. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

Yep, look at the hips the wrong way and he'll split on you :lol 

9. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hehe... well according to the Masquerade episode, the magnetic field is all that's holding them together, so I guess that makes it "toon accurate!"

• Like Like x 2
  10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought Overturn yesterday, so I'll try to combine these guys next month when I receive him. My Powertrain comes from the later batch so hopefully it's better.

11. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

I'm excited to get The Pet and MMC Drift/Deadlock, but sad there was no test model of the MMC Helex. I need to complete my DJD shelf faster!

12. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They look fantastic. Could absolutely do without the gimmick or base though. I really don't need 1980s GIJoe Motorized Action Pack style gimmicks in an adult collectible that's supposed to evoke nostalgia vs being a plaything.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

The 3P panel is ALWAYS packed. I've not seen a USA TFCon where it was easy to get in (most of the time, they seriously don't have enough room for everyone interested).

Nice haul, by the way! :thumb  Am I the only one confused by Twintwist and Topspin? Hasbro says the TR line was for fans... but they separate the releases, mess up the distribution/schedule, and thereby make it nearly impossible to find both in the same place (or at all)???? :banghead: 

Those two toys should have been sold as a 2-pack. PERIOD. :mad 

14. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

We need to send TOYWORLD a letter! :)  They're the ones who did the awesome Bii! :D 

Bii.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

1A618722-E55F-4EDD-8A88-104B51BCF0F6.jpeg 1EDB2DCA-BDDB-49C9-B30B-0112627EA7F2.jpeg

Definitely noticed it, but I can appreciate sans ownership.

Now that you mention it, the 3P panel is always rank with humanity. It really is 200 folks lined up that are just a knock off of you. Just as honest and vocal (MT backlash, anyone?!), just as concerned with paint slop, guessing at articulation points, obessive of scale and homage, just as crazy as me about sculpt and reuse...

I just had forgotten since my last TFcon, there’s a lot more of us out there than there are posting on these fantastic boards.

Twin Twist... 22 bucks, and it took two other random doods to get me to jump (I’ll get it if you get... shit I’ll get it too). Real talk, I have no luck on the hunt anymore. Not in this area. So 7 bucks on top of retail, plus I get to support someone who had to pay for their table in support of TFcon? NP, not to mention Agabyss’ 5 buck coupon, I figure, I broke even.

And yes... two pack needed to happen for the jump starters (and still might). Same thing for the clones. Don’t know why they do what they do, but they do it. I know I’ll regret it when I gump my way into a fresh case hang at retail, but I hear they print money even when they run outta ink, so no big loss really.

I’m quite happy with the haul, but nothing gave me more perspective than the voice actor panel. Those who were there, I’m sure walked away with a grin and inspiration. These professionals are humble af, they know that life pursuits are only worth it if passion is the driving force.

We are here for such a short amount of time, family. I’m truly blessed to share a little bit of my life with you fine deranged misfits.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. RIBFIR

RIBFIR Well-Known Member

I must object!

• Like Like x 4
  17. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I've been a lurker for awhile now and figured I'd finally join up. I've recently started collecting the WFC and FoC generations figs and have that metallic Vulcan for preorder. He'll be my first third party figure and I can't wait. I absolutely love those games and the art and character designs are my absolute favorite version of the Transformers mythos so Planet X is a godsend for me, I can't believe I didn't know about them until now. I've been a big Transformers fan my whole life but after the last season of TF Prime, life sorta got in the way but now I'm back on the ship and ready to go all out. I'm sure for most here, all of these figures shown are old news but I feel like a newborn seeing all of this incredible figures, it almost brings tears of joy(and nostalgia) to my eyes. I'm actually glad I missed out on the original Planet X Vulcan as the metallic one is a thing of beauty. Grimlock has always been my favorite Transformer and his FoC take is my all-time favorite. I've been searching but haven't been able to find if there's been any sort of confirmation on metallic redecos of the other dinobots but if they're coming, I will have to have the full team!(except Paddles, sorry man) Sorry if I'm a little off topic here, bottom line, I absolutely love these third party figures, Planet X in particular. All of the previus figures still look incredible and those prototypes for Megs and Magnus have me very excited. My one gripe would have to be the size of Magnus' hammer though, I don't know if he's trying to cosplay as Thor or something but that hammer is waaaay too small for my liking.

• Like Like x 2
  18. XBow Nation

XBow Nation I'm too poor for my robot addiction

I. Need. That. Maketoys. Brainstorm... For obvious reasons.

19. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

I'm deliberately being obtuse by not looking at your avatar just so I can ask what the obvious reasons are. :D 

And yes, that Brainstrom looks great.

20. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, because they "look nothing alike" - ;) ;)