TFCon DC 2017 Showroom Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Sep 30, 2017.

1. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
    A couple things:
    1. MMC is just super slow, especially with large and complicated figures. Carnifex took over 3 years from first render reveal to release. Mors was first shown off in July 2016, so there's a while yet before that can be called "dead." It's likely that it will still be another year at least before Mors is released anyway.
    2. Just this past week in the Mors thread, @LazyAza hinted that there was an update ready to be shown for him.
    3. As for rest of the DJD, MMC showed off the The Pet at TFCon.
    4. Almost all the Reformatted releases these past 12 months or so (basically everything besides Tyrantron) have been from designs that pre-date Kultur. They're just slow.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

I think it was made pretty clear that the largest 2 of the DJD were going to take more time. They wanted to make sure they were putting out quality work, and make sure the figures actually worked. Would you rather them rush out fiddly, kibble-ridden, barely transformable trash? They’re taking time to put out quality depictions of these characters which should be appreciated.

It’s no different than the current issue with the official Dinobot Beast Wars MP figure. Takara showed us the early work, but it’s taking a little more time to get things right which I would prefer.

Just because you only want DJD figures really means nothing to anyone. Maybe if you gave MMC thousands of dollars monthly to compensate them not releasing other figures they would pander directly to you. Until then, take a reality check and realize you aren’t their only customer.

• Like Like x 3
  3. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MakeToys Version of Masterpiece Headmaster Highbrow!!! Yesssssss!!! Keep them coming Maketoys

4. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep hearing people say there is no more CHUG stuff and I'm looking at Cross Dimension, Reformatted, and planet x.....

I'm also gonna say I'm glad the DJD is taking so long. I can't take a hit like them all coming out in the same year. Too much cool shit lately. Guys, being a fan these days is great.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Planet X is CHUG? Really? I recall them being on the larger side... I guess they're not MP, so they're CHUG by default? :confused: 

6. ZapRowsdower

This.

I don't think of Planet X as CHUG. For one thing, Planet X's goal was to improve on the Hasbro/Takara deluxes, so they definitely beefed up their releases. Since they don't scale with the official FoC toys, I'm not sure one could call them CHUG... (we still use OFFICIAL TOYS as the CHUG standard, right? :) )

I do, however, believe that some TF fans consider ANYTHING NOT MP-SCALED to be CHUG by default. This isn't necessarily the case. :confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Dude, that not an Ironhide statue. That’s an Ironhide suit!

• Like Like x 2
  8. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i’m pretty sure that’s a costume, not a statue: i think i can see a pair of jeans-clad legs in between the thigh joints...also, is it my imagination or are those shin pistons made from beer bottles?..
    ...yep, i pretty much classify everything as roughly WST/legion, legends, CHUG, or masterpiece scale, admittedly subject to a spectrum of interpretation for each manufacturer’s rendition of those classes...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I consider planet x CHUG because most of the time i want my CHUG collection to be voyager sized or larger. Official figures are too small for certain characters. Reformatted technically only scales with themselves. CHUG has become a bit of a misnomer admittedly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZapRowsdower

In my defense, it's not HUGGING the local event-goers! :D  Cause if that's a costume, and people are smiling at you, it's time to breach some personal space! :D 

But wow. That's how you do a costume! :eek:  :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  11. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yep tesarus' design was completed a little over a week ago but sadly his renders weren't ready in time for the panel so he didn't get shown off. I fully expect we will have at least prototypes of the other three djd's in the first half of next year though so people can look forward to that if they don't run in to any big development hurdles anyway. All four are certainly still happening, mmc already spent a lot on three of them lol. Would be a big big waste of money if they didn't get completed so no one should be worried.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Thats pic is pretty cool on many levels.

13. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yawn at all the MP scale figures and the same old same old (ex. PMP). Who is the large dino faced looked bot and does he transform?

14. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'm really glad to see Cybertron Thundercracker and Skywarp, get TJ over here, but we do need more non g1 stuff.

15. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

There is only one thing I need to say, and that is... I must have Deadlock.

7A8794C5-3CD0-4E94-8E88-04E8548B8E6D.jpeg E5B4294A-6F28-4866-BDEC-97676206D5F8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
  17. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

No haul thread?

2F5C0830-33B1-466D-B945-2059BA8BFFF3.jpeg

No 3P Panel shot of audience?

C3D820AD-0019-46EE-8A79-FA2B726BC825.jpeg

Packed house. Well done, organizers!

• Like Like x 3
  18. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

While their kit for Bruticus wasn\'t perfect, I am looking forward to Transform Dream Wave\'s other upgrade kits. They look to give Overlord a lot of girth and Sixshot a nice set of hands. That said, I might be better just going with a third party figure depending on their price but we\'ll see.

19. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although there were many good looking figures that was shown from TFCon DC, only Planet X Apollo/ FOC UMagnus still capture my interest. Latest pics look really awesome, can't wait to him in my hand.

20. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Kind of meh this year, to me.

• Like Like x 1