TFcon Chicago 2020 - cancelled

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Super_Megatron, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TFcon Chicago 2020 announced: October 23 – 25
    TFcon Chicago 2020 hotel block online

Join us for America’s largest fan-run Transformers convention returning to the Chicago, IL area the weekend of October 23rd to October 25th, 2020. TFcon USA will take place at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare Hotel & Conference Center in Rosemont, IL.

Discounted hotel block information will be available shortly. Dealer bookings and registration information will also be available in the near future. We are really looking forward to hosting this event once everything has returned to normal and we can all gather together with friends again.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    > $159 on AA from MCO to ORD

Might f*** around and book a flight next payday...

3. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy As cool as the earth is blue!

Best city

4. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it comes back to FL, I'll go. I hope they reschedule Orlando for next spring. I would'nt mind going to Chicago. used to live there. But, I just don't travel that well anymore and am too tall to fit in airline seats. So, I can't.

• Like Like x 1
  5. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. You must be omniscient knowing that the pandemic will end JUST in time for your convention. There is NO way to know when this will end and even if it gets somewhat under control there were be flare ups again as people gather in large crowds. It's UTTERLY irresponsible to to do this, especially asking people to spend money when money is already a scarce commodity.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I'm a simple man; I see Armada font and background, I click.

• Like Like x 2
  7. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Life must go on. There are many conventions that are still planning to go on as early as May. Unless you plan on telling the same to all convention organizers, please stop. I think it's great to announce conventions for later in the year as it gives us something to look forward too. As for the comment about money being scarce, that will have to be a decision that each person will have to make on their own.

tbs

• Like Like x 4
  8. casacrespo

casacrespo Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago so I\'m super excited to see this announcement! It will be great to start getting back to the norm. Now if I could only stop ordering food delivery and save some darn money!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jeanphillip

Jeanphillip Well-Known Member

Nothing irresponsible about this at all. 
     It\'s called cautious optimism.  Calm down. 

• Like Like x 2
  10. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Two things, one important, one not. This date has the biggest asterisk you can imagine and it will only go forward if the virus is over by then, and there\'s no guarantee that it will or won\'t be, so if you\'re booking tickets either wait or get them refundable.

The unimportant one is that the Armada homage warms my heart, but it likely means nothing.

• Like Like x 5
  11. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the Armada homage is a hint to the voice actors we can expect at tfcon this fall. If it is I would guess we will see the tried and true guests like David Kaye, Garry Chalk and Scott McNeil. All outstanding guests but I'm hoping for the likes of Don Brown, Doug Parker, Michael Dobson, or Alvin Sanders if the theme is Armada.

tbs

• Like Like x 2
  12. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So no one can plan anything until this is over? Seems like that's the more unreasonable perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Is the particular font significant in any way? That's the RiD '01 - Cybertron styling, so is that a theme for the con? Does it even DO themes?

14. Applejacktimus

If this were a BotCon announcement, it could've been a teaser for the exclusives' theme. But like stated above, it may be a teaser for the voice actor guests. I would love to see Brent Miller and the Dobson brothers and maybe even Tabitha St. Germain talk about their experience with their Armada roles. Sideways had the sexiest fucking voice, I tell you hwat.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Its interesting that, if it were that case, they'd go with the animes rather than the beast series that most of the more notable cast came from. Guess we'll find out in due time regardless. I'm excited to see what it may bring

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cryptozoologist

Cryptozoologist Proud Beastie

Fantastic!!! I missed the last TFcon Chicago in 2018 because my wife wouldn\'t accept a Transformer Convention as a valid reason to move our wedding date.  I won\'t let her make me miss another one though.

17. Applejacktimus

That's why I didn't mention Chalk, Kaye, and McNeil - They're much more well-known for the Beast Era -- and rightfully so, the script and acting was far better -- but the characters and actors themselves in Armada were great too, just tragically held back by the rushed script translation. We know for a FACT that Chalk, Kaye, and McNeil are gifted actors thanks to the Beast Era, yet they're noticeably weaker in Armada, so clearly the voice direction is to blame. That's why I wanna hear a panel from actors that aren't carried over from BW/BM - so they could talk about their roles outside the shadow of the admittedly much better TF series that came before, and maybe shed some more light on what went wrong early on. Armada had a great voice cast IMO, but they don't really shine and show their talent until the latter portion of the show.

18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Yeah, ya know how the post right before this on the front page is of the reveal panel from this weekend’s con posted to YouTube cause that was canceled?

Uhhh, don’t get your hopes up.

And, stay safe, ‘erybody, and wash your manipulators!

• Like Like x 2
  19. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Not a cat’s chance in hell this happens.

• Like Like x 1
  20. casacrespo

casacrespo Well-Known Member

I live in Chicago so I\'m super excited to see this announcement! It will be great to start getting back to the norm. Now if I could only stop ordering food delivery and save some darn money!