TFcon Chicago 2018 exclusive R-29AM Aero Alpha Asterisk Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 19, 2018.

1. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that's the only way i'm buying a skylynx though, heck that's the only reason i brought Nero Rex, looked so much better than the traditional colorway, same with this being better than aero, no desire for aero but this is nice, i still won't buy it but it's a better than the original colorway

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rated X

Rated X Banned

So I take it you have no connection to the actual characters? Youre just in it for cool color schemes? Do you display your black zords and gundams with your asterisk mode guys ?

3. redrum2581

Ebay:
    don't have any zords and sold my gundams, and yes i'm in this for the cool factor, not the 80s g1 old schoolness, except for Jazz. my tf collection is about the evil primes so i buy mostly evil primes and repaints that go with the evilness that fit my fancy as well as the combiners

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I bough the blue Drift repaint on the strength of paint job alone.

Some figures I buy because I am attached to the character.
    Others I buy because I like the aesthetic.
    Yet others I buy because I like the engineering/transformation.
    Some I buy for completeness sake... although I am trying hard to avoid that trap.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I have a few black primes but I see them as Nemesis Prime who does have a place in the fiction. I think the only black for the sake of being black figure I have is Fansproject Code Virus edition. At the time I bought him him to use as a CHUG gobot. Now I just keep him around because he looks cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redrum2581

Ebay:
    MT Falllen, MT Thunder Erebus, MT Striker Noir, MT Strike Noir, MMC Kultur, MMC Shadow Emissary, MMC Commotus, MMC Calidus Shadow Ghost, PE Xerxes, PE Arenea, FP Shadow Commander, Hasbro U.Nemesis Prime, Hasbro U. Vector Prime. of my fav combiners i never saw a lot of media about them they simple look cool. Nero Rex, Ordin, Poseidon, Hades, Dinoking, TW Dino Combiner(the dino bots were the only team that i thought were stupid for not combining) so other than my Jazz collection, i really don't have a close connection with the characters, they're just some bad ass transformers point blank period. I want Devil Stinger bcuz his paint scheme is better than Padinus, don't even care how they came up with it, I want Apocalypse not because of the game but because it looks cooler than the ugly g1 ver of Trypticon, this is why i don't buy MP figures in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    All this debate about a third party's convention exclusive needing to exist...

Meanwhile, at the Hasbro Headquarters, another brilliant idea gets ready to roll out:
    Transformers-Bot-Bots-TFW2005.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I like minicons & tape bots, so I’m open to the BotBots being interesting.

Even then, I doubt I’d buy more than a couple blind bags unless I’m really wowed by the collection, or they actuallly have 5mm ports & pegs.

I figured that Magna Inventa might become the Giant Purple Griffin - Transformers Wiki , but Aza started that there are no plans to remake MMC’s SkyLynx like Nero Rex. But, I do like Nero repaints because it reminds me of Trypticon and the origin of the Dinobots in IDW.

Anyhoo...

Super Robot Wars is the Super Smash Brothers of Mecha, though SRW started in ‘91 while Smash started in ‘99.

It was kind of a big deal, but it’s dwindled in importance alongside mecha itself. Still, I’ll probably get a South East Asian marketed English release of the latest SRW for Switch, eventually.

But, I did emulate Aeon Genesis fan translation of SRW Alpha Gaiden about a decade ago, and got within a couple levels of finishing the game. Granted, I’d prefer emulating it and using Save States, since it can be a pretty tricky Real Time Strategy game. Well, maybe not as difficult as Into the Breach, but demanding still.

Oh, and did I mention the robots, both original and exported from across anime?

39FE84F4-718C-4AE1-AC80-0C6AF9E36E3C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. redrum2581

Ebay:
    i would buy that, i'll buy any decent repaint of skylynx but i'm not and have never been a fan of the amercian skylynx paint scheme, if they did a mostly white and black color scheme i'd buy that, and i'm open to what asterisks they do that even though they have no intentions but i have no intentions until they do

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    See? That's THREE of us who would buy a Melanie Griffinth repaint of Skylynx's lower half, now MMC HAVE to take us seriously! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  11. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    they basically learned with their master, Hasbro, they do repaints to maximize profits on one mold
    But unlike hasbro they take liberties to homage robots in other towlines.....
    oh wait ...
    Fracture from the 2007 movie and Takara ehobby minibots did homage robots ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's too bad licensing makes it impossible to get a US release with all the anime mecha.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

See, that's the weird thing. Hasbro technically owns Gobots (The franchise and character designs) while also not owning the cartoon show or the toy designs

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Do we know if MMC do actually plan on a repaint of Aero Alpha as Axe or not?

• Like Like x 1
  15. LLSmoothJ

LLSmoothJ Well-Known Member

Not at the moment. It's only a guess/hope on my part, but given their tendencies for remolds/repaints, I could see it happening.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is deco three and folks still eat it up... Wager we will see the other Movie Drift deco and/or Driftpool eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LLSmoothJ

LLSmoothJ Well-Known Member

From the Rodimus mold alone, we've had a different character, two Lost Light-based decos and one SG. Driftpool has a decent chance of happening.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't this only the 2nd use of this mold?

• Like Like x 2
  19. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I think the latest SD Gundam G Generation was available from AmiAmi, Play-Asia and the like with an English version for the South East Asian market.

That’s hardly ideal and it’s not always the case that there’s an SEA English subtitled version for a game.

Now, the Switch is region free anyway so I could also run an original Japanese copy just as easily as I could a SEA release, but that’d be... rough. Still, if SDGGG made it over to Switch and got a SEA variant, then SRW may as well.

Yep. I think they’re confusing Wing for Drift, which is fair given the fate of the Circle of Late.

But... that’s also why I’m not surprised that Tesaraus and Helex are slow to materialize, from MMC or anybody else besides Iron Factory ‘cause they’re a kinda hard sell unless they combine like IF’s Gattai Tarn, or Hokuto no Tarn, Tarnation, Jumbo Tarn, Tarn Jumabalaya— wait...

Anyway, the DJD may fade from memory unless IDW revives them as Megatron’s Wreckers without the whole death squad backage to weigh them down, for example. A bit similar to how I think Vortex needs a new hobby like horticulture or making sushi. ^.^

The easiest thing then might be to humble the DJD in IDW Phase 3 and make them a part of the (less aimless) Scavengers. Then send them on nigh impossible missions against other alien empires, like a squad of people with morbid ideation totally unrelated to some other movie produced by the current secretary of the united states department of the treasury, much like Mad Max: Fury Road and Edge of Tomorrow... but, outside of those two, I’m in the clear, and “All You Need Is Kill” is way better than EoT.

Steve Mnuchin produces movies... Steven Mnuchin - IMDb

• Like Like x 1
  20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on how far you count a mold as the same. Wing specifically yes, but it could be seen with Wing, Drift, Blue Drift, and Deadlock as well.

I'm going with Tarnation from now on.

• Like Like x 1