TFcon 2017 exclusive Ocular Max PS-06O Offroad

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The yellow one was a diclone toy as posted above.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I've been waiting for an MMC Ocular Max Jazz for forever.

And with their penchant for repaints, I know we'll get a sweet ass Stepper repaint.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

That white really pops looks like skyfire had another science partner

4. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

This is nice, but why are companies making additional decos?

What I mean is, "Pre-Trailbreaker" came in -what?- three colors? Blue, Yellow, and Black? Why didn't they go with the blue before making another color?

I was already on the fence for the yellow one (I don't think I want the headache of buying Ocular Max any more) and other Diaclone repaints; What makes them believe tons of people want a brand new character/color scheme?

• Like Like x 1
  5. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The molds they use should be pretty expensive and once used they used there's no much to do with them so this is a good way to make extra cash.

And also a lot of collectors feels the "completionist" need inside which make them spend more money on problaby somehing that they dont need. Yes i am talking about you Bluestrseak, Silverstreak, Exhaust...

6. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I always enjoy new and retconned characters. Keeps our hobby alive. Steel Core was an amazing figure. The Glacialbots were also fantastic. I wish more companies could put out more original characters or at the very least, retcon newer characters into G1 aesthetics. I'd be buying this if it didnt have that dirt wash on it. I think they should have made the red a nice purple or something else to differentiate it more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ILoveLuci4

I think you don't get my message, or perhaps disagree (which is also fine).

I don't see the need for any new Transformers robot characters: There are thousands, if not dozens of thousands of robot characters. Well, not really that many personalities, but that many different forms and decos.

My original point was related. They passed up an already-created possible repaint - the blue 4WD Toyota Hi-Lux. If they wanted to milk the mold (no harm in that), why not use an already established model?

FOR ME, I was considering the Orange-yellow Hi-Lux - against my better judgement. I'm pretty set against buying any more Ocular Max figures ("Fool me once, shame on..."), but I'm not even considering this one, despite the wonderful mud spatter paint applications. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE wear and corrosion...Makes these things look alive and not just toys, but I've no need for some random white repaint.

Now if they repaint and retool 'Breaker into that gray Gobot camper or the blue figure...I'd have to think about it for some time.

8. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Isn't this the same thing they gave at the last TFCON (a different color but the same mold)?

9. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    Which one was the gray Gobot camper?

10. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Saw this in person yesterday and its super nice! I wish the yellow had the muddy effect but im definitely getting this one!

11. ILoveLuci4

Scratch?

12. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    I always thought that Scratch was a Bronco, but I get your point.

tf-gobot-18.jpg

13. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...yeah, i’d have preferred the yellow to sport mud-spray and the white to be pristine...

14. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

The thing looks awesome. It comes with a spring loaded feature I could do without. The push bar with winch, booth door windows, and both bedsides pop off this thing like crazy while being transformed

Not sure if I did it or if it came this way, but it's got little plastic bits that go through holes on the bedsides that lets them rotate. Mine has one of the "nipples" broken off and stuck in the hole.

Things going to stay in alt mode in my collection. It's a touch disheartening

15. slayback

slayback Well-Known Member

For those who were wondering - the figure sold very well at the show. People liked it. They thought the deco was 'cool' and 'sweet - looking'. Those who didn't like it - didn't buy it.
    The 'mud deco' is much better in person, but you would need someone who bought it to really see it - photos as lovely as they are - dont do it justice.
    I think what some people overlook, is that the designer who comes up with the ideas, are going out on a limb. Rather than just repainting figures a colour that was a diaclone colour, the figure was designed to one up the 'oh they're just milking the mould with a different colour'. It's not just a different colour - it's loosely based off actual pre-existing vehicles, down to the decals and mud. I think the fact that they sold shows that there are people who are interested and willing to purchase the deco.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I Like the Easter egg sponsor decal branding a lot

17. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I agree and think there are people who will purchase this mold deco because it looks great and is something different. Unlike a lot of the typical expected repaints done by many third part companies. MMC seems to be the only company doing this well and I applaud them for it.
    I think there are also people like myself that are very interested in this deco but have already gone in on the mold multiple times already. I love the look of the white and mud deco. I think it looks great. But I already have Terraegis and the Dakar Rally versions so it's hard to justify another when I still want to spring for Kojin ( a new mold to me, that would add diversity to my collection). But again he looks fantastic. If off-road came out first I'd be saying the same thing about Dakar Rally.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have two of each version, due to the mold issues which I think is more the plastic than the design. I also wanted two for having both heads on without swapping and to leave one of each in vehicle mode for displays. I really like the yellow more as its a less used color, and think the mud deco is very well executed on the white. I like how the robot mode has clean white portions where mud couldn't get too. I just need a muddy Autobot decal from Reprolabels.

19. Victory Force

Victory Force Transformers Weeb

So he has the same issues I take it?

20. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as the door windows popping off and the light bar/grill cover thing coming off, yeah. All of the mold issues are easily avoidable if you're careful and know the transformation. I think they produced this around the same time as the Toronto exclusive so the issues wouldn't be resolved. Its nothing glue can't fix however. I did notice the one I've transformed so far of the DC one was super tight in vehicle mode, so maybe some stronger tolerances?