TFCon 2015 Third Party Updates

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deaculpa, Jul 17, 2015.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

This doesn't look close enough in scale to me. It makes Ratchet into a giant next to other MP cars. Look at the relative head sizes... it's a major difference. They don't quite look like they're made for the same line.

[​IMG]

It's hard to tell for sure, but even the big, blocky TFC Ironwill seems like a better scale.

I am impressed that they got such a large figure out of such a compact alt-mode... there's some origami sorcery in there somewhere I think. But I think they went too big.

Ultimately, I think this one looks a bit better than the official, but when it comes out to measuring relative flaws, I'll probably end up getting the official because it will likely be cheaper. :) 

zmog

2. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why the hell does a female TF need to such sculpted breast? And WTF is that crappy HotSpot looking thing?

3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what is her dino mode?

4. down_shift

down_shift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys!

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who came to the panel. I had a lot of fun doing it, and I look forward to doing it again later this year!

I hope everyone else enjoyed it!

Cheers;

Ryan

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Looks like s skinny velociraptor with a long neck, whatever dinosaur that may be.

6. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    No not much out. Saw the gator guy.

Attached Files:

7. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That new FP dino-combiner (can't remember the name) looks pretty far along if they have the torso guy in package. Was that just display or was he for sale?

8. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

So what is the story with Toyworld?

9. Thorhammer

Thorhammer Well-Known Member

I'm with Jaws on this one. I'm all for a female dinobot but those overly-enhanced breasts look rather ridiculous. Love Vos and Kaon though.

**EDIT**
    Just saw that Devs. So there's another $600 Devs coming out what with Has/Tak releasing Titan Devs for a fraction of that? That seems...bold.

10. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seraphicus Prominon please :) 

11. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Well-Known Member

Got my eyes on Gravity Builder and the FP female dinobot.

Gravity Builder: I want to see how this develops. Specifically I want to see the final product of all 6 members. Then I will be all in.

Female Dinobot:
    This looks well engineered I am digging it already. I want to see how this one turns out. Got my hopes up for this figure.

12. optimaliii

optimaliii Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm surprised only two people noticed, but those new Warbots are known characters.

The jet is Dai Atlas, which I've seen two comments on. The red/white tank-ish one is Roadfire. It looks like they hit all their modes too. Hopefully they'll also do a Sonic Bomber, and then we'll have all 3 Poweredmasters.

Because hardly any of us are ever going to be able to own the G1 Big Powered, unless Takara reissues the set.

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    A female dinobot? An original character?! NOW you have my attention third party.

14. Wh33l JcK

Seriously though, that is up with Toyworld stuff not being there. I was really hoping to get a look at production samples/prototypes of their last 2 dinos, who as far as we know are due next month?

Have they made enough people upset that they got left out? I know there for awhile there were issues with smaller retailers, and their product not being sold on certain sites anymore?

15. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    They already showed off the last two dinos though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Though even with that in mind them not having those two out on display seems odd, you'd think they would want the combined mode in the cases or on a table to show off.

16. Wh33l JcK

Yes it is odd, and it is not just the Dinos: What about new reveals Toyworld might have had for the slide show panel?

...just seems strange.

17. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Just got back from Tfcon. Can post some pics later. It was fun. Bought my son a BW ratrap and a couple of lego figures. I got to see Chrome gutter upclose. Looks incredible, and the size of that figure is awesome. They also had a prototype for xtrans cyclonus and beachcomber at the entrance. The cyclonus is huge in vehicle mode and beachcomber looked better than I expected.

18. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I was there yesterday: it was an almost overwhelming amount of new and upcoming 3p. I've gone from long being unable to afford it all to now being unable to keep up with even knowing about it all!

Gravity Builder looked pretty solid, somewhere around Herc size I think.

FP stuff was good, wasn't too taken with Croc headmaster though as his windows-like chest looked off. Exo Realm Grimlock looked great on his throne (they'll sell him with and without it) though the pics of his Dino mode... Really hoping its badly mistransformed.

Not-Jazz was super early, hard to gauge what the more final product will be like. Good potential though.

MMC Sphinx (Not-Mirage) looked great except the face. My god I hate that face.

MT's Gun Dog Not-Hound looked fan freaking tastic. Bought on release.

Voodoo Salus bros looked nice, but to me seemed almost MP1 scale...

BadCube's Insecticons look great, but I have to say that to me FT's looked even better.

MT Visualizers (Reflector) didn't work for me. The faces and color of the faces just didn't gel visually to me.

Maketoys Pandius (Scorp) was unbelievable. Blew me away. Gotta save up for him.

19. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    only thing im interested in is that ha leadfoot upgrade

20. Thorhammer

Thorhammer Well-Known Member

Off topic but f-primus did you or someone model that avatar on Galactus at the end of Marvel Ultimate Alliance? It looks pretty spot on.