TFCC Final Sale

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omegax80, Sep 29, 2017.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    With as vocal as people are about "My order still hasn't shipped!" and "Oooo! It's processing!" and "I got my order! Look at my stuffs!", the lack of that commotion suggests that they probably aren't very backed up at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they get more orders than just from people on these boards though so lack of commotion here is not really indicative

3. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Took them about 10 days to ship my last shipment but we knew that, with the numbers we saw flying off the shelves it was obvious they would be super busy so I think that stopped a lot of complaints!

• Like Like x 1
  4. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've had plenty of time to get caught up. This is a greed play, pure and simple. They are hoping people will give in and pay double. Many aren't biting. We have years to wait this out. They have until 12/31/2017. Game over, drop it to 90% off already.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They’re greedy?!?!?! They’re selling stuff at 80% off, isn’t demanding 90% off just as greedy?

• Like Like x 4
  6. bradforj

News Credits:
    Not at all. We were told to expect a sale that proceeds all the way to 90% off. It's not greedy on our part to wait for a sale that was advertised. We knew going in that some items would not stay in stock until the final reduction, but it's not unreasonable on our part to wait for that final reduction to come on the items that remain.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jims

jims Evil genius

I think it's just pragmatism at this point. Anything that's in stock right now will probably still be in stock in a week. There's no urgency on our part. There is, however, well known and documented urgency for them to clear out their stock. That's why I find it baffling.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The reason they're delaying has been made obvious. The Machine Wars loose set sold out during this extra week. That means they got double what they would have if they'd dropped it last week. And seeing as the Most Wanted box sets have dropped to 37 in stock, that means they're selling too. They'll leave the prices as is as long as stuff keeps selling. When people finally stop buying the Botcon sets, then they'll drop the price.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We were told 10% off APPROXIMATELY each week

10. bradforj

News Credits:
    I said nothing about the time table. I clearly said we are waiting for the next drop, and I completely avoided any argument about any perceived promises about when it should come. I said only that we were told 90% would eventually come. My point is that there is no reason to further delay it. Buying has all but dried up and led to a lack of enthusiasm for the sale. Those who considered buying are moving on and using their funds elsewhere. They said they needed to sell out all of this stuff. It's not selling out. Let's get this show on the road.

11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    If the machine wars set didn't sell out in the the two week 80% off, then I would agree with you. I can see your comment comes more from a place of frustration than anything else, so rather than bicker with you about greed and business practices, I'll just tell you to be patient. Chances are the last week or two of December is when they'll drop it to 90%. Again, just be patient and you'll end up on top.

On a unrelated note, I'm surprised they haven't sold out of the Most Wanted box sets. I recall people going nuts for that set when it was announced. Maybe the hype died down or there wasn't as much hullabaloo as I thought there was.

12. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is the case now, although originally I think the intent at pausing the price drops was because they honestly get inundated with orders at 80% and couldn't keep up. I am just glad I was able to get the figures I wanted before they decided to stop dropping the price. Only thing I kind of want at this point is a depth charge if it gets to 90%.

13. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I remember people bitching about it having a disgusting MOVIE CHARACTER, HOW HORRID, a POINTLESS SG FIGURE, SG SUCKS, STOP IT NOW, a NOBODY MONKEY THAT DOESN'T TRANSFORM WHAT THE HELL and the worst of all, TWO BLUE GUYS. HOW DARE THEY.

14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Wow, I don't remember that AT ALL. Guess I got lucky and avoided it. It does bring up the point that the TF community is pretty toxic but then again, what community isn't? And I'm willing to bet that everyone who complained about it probably owns at least one set. Still, it doesn't look to be that bad of a set, and it comes with more stuff than I think some of the other ones did. Even at its price now, its still a very good bargain. And what's wrong with variety?

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

This thread needs to be chiseled in marble and placed into a museum, gently.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a great set. Just look at the molds:
    • Thrilling 30 Springer: one of the best Voyager molds in years
    • RTS Jazz: one of the best Deluxe molds in years
    • Silas Breakdown: never offered by Hasbro (and also a great mold)
    • Thrilling 30 Rattrap: ... ... ... well, every set has a "and then there's this one" mold
    • Thrilling 30 Swerve: a great Legends mold ensconced in a brand-new massive Pretender shell
    One of the best sets they ever did, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    Well I guess there still behind b/c they haven’t even made a tag for my Black Friday g I joe figure I bought last Friday

18. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire SICK to death of you guys!!!

News Credits:
    I got Battletrap off ebay. He arrived today. Now all I want is Lifeline.

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I rather they fix the shipping issue before dropping to 90%. I'm sure they'd be able to sell more of those lithographs and prints and maybe even comics if they could offer media shipping rates.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i bought this set during the sale in summer 2016 for like $300. while i wish i would've waited until this clearance, i'm not kicking myself because it's a fun set, and at the time i wanted 4/5 of the figures, which would've costed about $300 anyway.

-