TFCC Exclusive "news" about universe seacons

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You can find a complete G1 version for a lot less than that. If it's around the $100 mark it'd be worth it; more than that, not so much.

2. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I'd spend my hard earned money if it was in my price bracket. The biggest beef I have is that every exclusive figure MC releases is removed from being a possible mass/bigger release later. I'd rather have that possibility because I'm selfish. But that's no more selfish than demanding a high priced/limited exclusive.

What exactly differentiates a fan from a collector in your opinion? Someone who enjoys something in itself without thinking about its exclusivity/value isn't a collector? He or she is not worth targeting because he or she doesn't care about its worth on the secondary market? God forbid someone wanting a cool figure at a price that won't break the bank.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm hoping they will cost AT MOST around $120 shipped. More than that, forget it, not worth it. I'll piece together an original if it comes to that.

4. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's funny, you ask me my opinion, then you pretty much infer what my opinion is and then you respond to my opinion, all in the same post. Impressive....

So, no, I did not say or imply what you stated. Nor am I going to get into a huge discussion with what the difference between a fan and collector may or may not be. All I said was I have been both and that I personally like my exclusives to retain their value and hopefully go up in some. No less, no more....

5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    The "if FP does it, it wasn't ever going to happen" argument is an old one, but think about this. How long should we wait? You stack up enough delays, and "later" easily becomes "never." In the case of the Seacons, Hasbro tried to release them three years ago! They wanted to find some retail outlet to release these toys to. Even a store exclusive would have the potential to move many, many more units than a club exclusive could hope to. At what point is the club allowed to say "they've tried to release these toys at retail, but it hasn't worked. If we don't do it, it's never going to happen"? At what point can some fans be allowed to get the toy, instead of no one being able to get them?

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *applauds*

Chris

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Convenience really pulls me towards the easy buy, but pricing in this range does make me pull a doubletake on the option of piecing it out..

8. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I think you're correct here, at least in relation to the Seacons. Hasbro did try, and there apparently weren't any takers. It seems it was just bad timing. I'm sure that if asked now, post-movie, some store would snap these up. But Hasbro probably entered into the agreement with the fan club before the movie was out, and before the demand for TFs skyrocketed. But again, as you said, it's been years in this case, so what are you gonna do?
    I still won't be able to get them, and wouldn't pay over $70-$80 bucks for them if given the opportunity, but hopefully some version of them will get an Encore release.

9. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Re: store's picking these up NOW. It's possible. I'm not as confident as you are, but agree that it's probably a moot point.

Re: Encore release. I wonder. It seems clear that the club is going to do the Universe coloring, and any "Encore" release would probably be in the original colors. Since it's clear the molds are available, I see no reason why an "Encore" wouldn't be possible. But if it happens (or, at least, if news of such breaks within the next few months), FP's pretty much screwed. Not that Takara Tomy (or anyone other than FP) should care.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't think any store will have the option to pick it up now. It is most likely too late. I just think that if the deal with FP wasn't in place, and Hasbro shopped it around, they would probably get a bite on it this time.
    I wonder if Takara would even care about FPs exclusive? As you mentioned, on the off-chance they would do an Encore reissue, it would be in different colors, so the exclusivity most likely wouldn't factor into it. I wouldn't even think Takara would reissue this, but after Predaking and Sky Lynx, who knows?

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Which would mean it would be in FP's best interest not to price it too high, in the possible event of a G1 reissue, which Sky Lynx has proven cannot be ruled out. Price it too high and all of the club members that buy it will feel burned later on when a G1 reissue is announced at a cheaper price, and in a much bigger market.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I would expect that if it were to be reissued later on it would be in the original colour scheme; so club members would still have an exclusive. However, I do hope it's not too expensive anyway. If it isn't it might well tempt me to rejoin the club.

13. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    You apparently misunderstood my emphasis on "now." I do think it's moot because of FP, but really don't have your confidence that stores would have wanted these toys "now" (i.e., since the movie's come out and TFs are popular again) even if FP hadn't gotten involved.

Oh, Takara wouldn't care. Only FP would care (and maybe a few fans who spent so much money on FPs version. It's still exclusive, which is good, but we all know that nowhere near as many people will get FPs version if a Takara straight-reissue is available). And as you say, it's a little outside of Takara's usually-predicted pattern, but I agree that with the advent of Sky Lynx, it's not to be ruled out.

14. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, I just completed my original g1 piranacon last week....I bought all 6 figures separately over the course of the last few months..all c9, all weapons, and parts...fantastic condition, for a mere...after adding it all up..almost $265..I would assume this recolor will cost less..but i have the original :ev: