TFCC Club 2010 Membership Figure

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UTK007, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've seen the artwork on /toy/, but it's not there anymore, so don't bother. Out of curiosity, I shopped a photo of Hotshot. I'm not going to post it, until the artwork becomes public, so once again, don't bother. I'll will say this, however. I like it. It's not something I'd buy outright, but it works quite well as the freebie. I was planning on rejoining soon, anyway. This will just make me do it sooner.

It is a little odd, that they decided to make him Elite Guard, considering in the cartoon, he wasn't even an Autobot. It's not really that big of a deal, though.

I think Universe Hound would be pretty good as Orion Pax.

2. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Like The Madness said, they'll let anyone into the Elite Guard nowadays.

He'll probably be part of the B-Team <_<

3. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Oh I can see it now, Dion, Wheelie and Toaster, all on the 'special' Elite Guard team :D 

4. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a staff member on the TFCC Magazine, I can tell you this. The content you get every two months is labored on. I put hours of work into colorizing whatever the club asks me to. I rarely get feedback on it or hear any word on it (unlike, say, posting something in the Fan Art forum or DevArt). I still do it because its a great creative outlet and it remains that way.

Plus, and I've said this from day one, it offers a lot more than other fan clubs out there. Go see what the benefits of joining the DMB fan club are (for 5 dollars less). w a r e h o u s e

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will wait until I see pictures of the figure until I pass judgment. I like the idea of getting a new Dion toy, I like the G1 Wheelie repaint I have, but a Universe version would be cool too. I have never had a Universe Hot Shot, so I really don't know how bad the mold is.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And such is the battle cry of those who have correct information they try to helpfully convey to others on the Internet. :lol 

7. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

How much of a discount does one usually get when ordering club toys as well ordering the Botcon primus package?

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

you leave my dreams alone XD

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well Universe Ionrhide is a really good fit for Orion which would also explain why he's not used for Dion, I think E Arcee has already been used by the club as has thunderblast which pretty much leaves out all the really female looking moulds, Cyclonus or Prowl could do in a pinch for her I guess.

10. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have to say that I enjoy the Magazine and it looks pretty cool especially the bio art like Shattered Glass Cyclonus for example & the club/Botcon/club-forum feels to me like a fun happy place (especially Botcon where my mind feels at peace).
    [Sometimes, I even read it more than once ^^ (Magazine).]

Dion Exclusive (commenting on the art) looks pretty neat especially how the top of his chest reminds me of a car's front (as in Grill/Headlights).

Well to me...I be glad to enjoy him (I am a majority con fan, but I do have some bots and I be glad to enjoy this Bot too),

-TF2

(Just my opinion(s).)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  11. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

I personally appreciate your efforts and enjoy the magazine very much. I enjoy the toy previews, insider articles and interviews, and comics, which are cool in that they provide spotlights and well-done artwork for some pretty unique characters. I really couldn't think of anything else I could expect from the magazine or club in general and am nothing but satisfied. Thanks!

12. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Amen brother. As I posted before, I like the colors and I am willing to bet the mold will look just a nice when it is posted.

13. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    That looks nice. Universe Hot Shot isn't the best mold ever, but I really like it, it's very sleek. I wouldn't have gone with that character choice, but since it looks nothing like Dion, I can always pretend he's someone else.

That's the point. Why would they go all out if they're not making money on it? With the freebie production costs and magazine publication costs, I don't think $40, which is what most people could pay, would make up for designing and producing a whole new mold.

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Eye-Goon > Perceptor

News Credits:
    I'm going to REALLY have to disagree with you on that. First you've got the magazine, which is awesome save for the occasional blatantly self-serving (but still well-written) articles on the latest Botcon and its exclusives or whatever. I understand it's a lot more expensive for non-US members, but for me the magazine + toy is worth the price of admission itself, even if I would never get anything else out of it.
    Then of course, there's the option to buy what are looking to be bi-yearly club exclusives.
    And there's access to retail-priced stuff at the Club Store (which is awesome because not only does it get some stuff early, but only members can purchase it at retail and it's sadly underappreciated which means that new stuff doesn't go nearly as quickly there). I don't like that they're increasingly ganging up same-wave releases into one purchase though, even for the larger figures, which means that this is becoming a bit less of a perk.
    And then there's the AWESOME club fiction, which I love.

15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I could see it I'm sure I'd like it.

16. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    just imagine Universe hotshot, in the colours of the guy on the fron page of this article :D 

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Someone mentioned Orion Pax, and I had this idea. I think it would go well with Dion. The Ravage that comes with it could be redecoed into SG Ravage.
    [​IMG]

18. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    That works really, really well for Orion Pax...

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah thats what I'm trying to do, if it works well outside of my imagination I might get one.

Also is this the Japanese toy or the US toy? its not a big issue but the guns would be cool

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

That is damn good, hope its something like what we see, that just leaves Ariel and there are really few moulds that look anything like her.