TFCC Botcon QC Fail - Cannonball Leg/Thighs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deltagod, Jun 22, 2014.

1. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay almost a week now since the end of BotCon... still looking for an official response.

2. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    you will be waiting a long ass time then.....from all the times they have had stuff put together with errors...I have not once seen them issue a response and a correction of how to fix it...

The fans usually post how to fix a problem (machine wars hoist and electon) on the TFW2005 site....

But FP has gotten their money from fans already....they are not going to care enough to acknowledge the problem and offer a solution.

unless you exchanged it at the convention for another one....everyone is SOL at this time in the game.

3. deltagod

News Credits:
    We tried to exchange them, they were all wrong (either opposite or two of the same sides).

4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Have you tried banding with a bunch of people and hitting their facebook page? Or hasbros?

5. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I been saying that for years. TFCC is the reason I quit going to Botcon. The whole credit card fiasco was the final nail in the coffin for me, I will never EVER give them another red cent

6. Mechalemmiwinks

Mechalemmiwinks Active Member

Geez. I have an extra Ratchet or two, so, if I ever get one of these, I might just swap the leg parts after repainting them. Suck, though.

If anyone's curious (and I don't know if this is a problem for other people), I just got my Pounce and Wingspan figures in the mail.

My Wingspan's read fender doesn't go in all the way in vehicle mode and I had to shave Pounce's arm-blaster mount to get the blaster on (almost collapsed the mount from trying to attach the gun) because the mount was about a third thicker than it should have been. I'm also a little afraid to move their heads, as they are on there really tight.

7. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Get a pin punch, fix it, move on with life.

8. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Someone already stated that it's not a normal pin though.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    And not everyone can just get one and do it, nor should we have to. FP could figure out something. Hell, I'd be satisfied with a $20 credit to their store, since they can't realistically fix every toy.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    got mine last week and same damn issue.

bunch of bs.

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I have to say, yes they are recolors of production figures, but once you start charging 4-5X the retail price and calling it a premium collectible it shouldn't be "on the customer' to fix issues. We should expect higher quality control and we've seen a lot of errors that we just shoudn't see in $50+ items.

12. deltagod

News Credits:
    A run of just the hips/legs assembled that could be easily replaced would be ideal.

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you apply that same standard to every company that has credit card problems or is that you just really don't like FP?

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I hate it when Scorponok's shoulders wouldn't go down all the way for reasons I haven't figured out and I created stressmarks trying to make them do down. I wonder if I should ask for a replacement.

15. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    it wasn't the credit card issue itself, I mean shit like that happens everyday, it was the way they handled it.

16. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    It's because they were reversed in assembly on all of them, or something. There's a post somewhere about it.

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Ugh, sorry about the stress marks... but this is fixable. The purple pieces under his shoulders, on the back, are put on backwards. You can remove the screws, then those green-and-orange painted panels, and them swap the purple pieces. Then his shoulders lie flat.

Re: Cannonball, yeah, the QC issues with him are pretty obnoxious. He's the perfect storm of problems, where one problem leads to another (mis-assembled legs = gold paint scraping off on thighs). I went to the booth at Botcon to get a replacement for mine due to the shoulder (screw was poking out and keeping the shoulder front folding forward all the way) but was told my shoulder was actually better than a lot of the ones they had as replacements. The fellow at the booth from the Club tried to screw it back in, but the screwdriver was too large and just ended up stripping it. Tried with a smaller screwdriver later myself, and got it about 3/4 of the way in, but the shoulder still doesn't push all the way forward.

Haven't tried fixing the legs yet, but I'm going to attempt it with a pin punch.

I wonder how feasible it would be, cost-wise, for the Club to do a second run of Cannonballs with the issues corrected. He's a nice-looking figure, it's frustrating that he turned out to be such a poor-quality turd.

18. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Why couldn't you get a pin punch? What could possibly stop anyone from getting one? They have them in Lowe's. Pretty sure they're under ten bucks. I mean, you can leave it as is and complain about it or just fix it. How hard can it possibly be? It is the factory that messes up the figures. The club doesn't have the resources to fix hundreds upon hundreds of pins at the show. The timing doesn't allow for it. Expecting so much is silly. I had two. Both were messed up. I made sure I at least had all the correct pieces before the end of the con so I could at least fix it properly.

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

So Cannonball is fixable with a pin punch? I just bought one for this express purpose, fixing him, but haven't had time to give it a try yet.

I was planning on dipping him in hot water to expand the plastic before trying to push the pin out. Has anyone tried that? Does it damage the pain at all to do so?

20. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    One would assume so. I plan to fix mine this weekend along with finally getting around to fixing Hoist from last year. It certainly hasn't ruined my day.