TFCC Botcon QC Fail - Cannonball Leg/Thighs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deltagod, Jun 22, 2014.

1. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    An upside-down piece in the torso prevented it from fully rotating when put into robot mode. It's a simple fix, but Hoist's shoulders aren't as simple.

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    wow! lucky guy! And that Saber sketch looks AWESOME! :D 

3. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a sick sketch - and it was a well run and great show. Except for the serious toy QC issues - but unfortunately they're a major part of it for me and you don't get a pass because everything else was great.

Lots of folks got the chance to interact with the TakaraTomy and Hasbro gods. It wasn't unique to me and it was amazing to get answers to the things you've always wondered.

That said, I'm not letting this thread go until we get an answer from FubPub and we have next steps to get this resolved to the fan base's satisfaction.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    ah yes forgot about the Hoist and Electro issues. Knew there was a reason i had avoided them.

5. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Did you catch any more glimpses of insight from the divine sir that you can share with us?

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll have to examine my Cannonball closer because mine didn't appear to have any issues with the legs (mine had a different issue with one of the screws in front of the right shoulder).

I heard about some issue with Scorponok's shoulders (?), but hadn't heard of the Ginrai paint issues. Then there's the Devcon botox lips issue, though that's a bit different.

Unfortunate either way.

The interaction with the Hasbro & Takara folks is interesting. I can understand Takara not being in a position to do anything (what could they do, really? even offering to say anything to them seems like a lot more than they should be expected to do) but I would hope Hasbro's willing to do something more than that, given they actually do have a business relationship with them.

On a side note, if they're willing to come every year, it would be great to have an actual panel with Takara people and talk about MPs and reissues and other stuff.

7. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    May I see pics of this? I didn't realize Cannonball got screwed over, this makes me sad as I was willing to buy one.

8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yep... answer seems simple enough. Don't attend BotCon next year. Go to another convention instead.

9. deltagod

News Credits:
    Most folks wouldn't be interested, it was obscure stuff like discussion about the extra cost Takara spends on factory cases (thicker cardboard) so you don't end up with Masterpiece cases in Japan full of crushed corners (with the exception of Tokyo Toy Show exclusives which are distributed by Hasbro Asia in the cheaper boxes - eg tigertracks and mp-18s).

10. deltagod

News Credits:
    Ginrai paint issues sucked, but at least we could swap the worst of those figures at the show. In the case of cannonball there was, depending on who you asked, either nothing that could be done or we would see after the show.

Can you post a pic of your canonball - straight on picture where the lower legs connect to the thighs/upper legs? (If you have a prid ratchet figure you can also compare side by side). My boxes are all still packed.

11. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    son of a bitch.
    I got a cannonball and ferak off ebay and they should be arriving tomorrow.
    I'll have to transform both and see if they are QC fucked or not.

after buying the box set last year 2012 and seeing that the add on sets had issues but not the main box set....i was hoping FP was finally going to avoid a large QC clusterfuck this year....guess not.

12. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    Checking out the base figure (PRiD Ratchet) the part where the thigh connects to the knee is a simple pin joint. All you'd have to do is tap out the pins and swap the thighs.

13. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On Ginrai, were the paint issues all over the place, or were they concentrated in certain areas?

As for Cannonball, here are shots of mine. Can you tell based on the "L" shape on the back of the upper leg or is it some other part (pin placement, where the kneepad is, etc.)?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was going to chime in with a suggestion that people list their incorrect parts to organise part swaps but looking at that pic they're all pinned aren't they?

Then the plastic itself caught my eye, maybe it's just those pics but to me it looks like gold plastic... as in GPS? Or is it not like that at all?

15. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thigh piece appears to be black plastic that's been painted gold. Regarding the legs, the hips, kneepads, and those struts that the side of the vehicle are attached to appear to be gold plastic, yes.

16. deltagod

News Credits:
    From alt mode just flip down the feet, split Legs slightly and flip tires (I think... Tires).

If you're lucky they're just swapped. If you're unlucky you have two of the sane side. The shin?? Piece should be aligned with the arc/notch below it.

[​IMG]

17. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Ouch, that's a bad misassembly, wrong upper portions and the right lower portions. I don't think that's an easy fix.

19. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Think if we sit this one out TFCC, will hand out and sell replacements? I'm sure there's gonna be quite a few unhappy people.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I honestly cannot tell what I'm looking for in regards to the hips ...

Mine looks fine and transforms fine, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Edit: Nevermind, mine are swapped. I have the correct two thighs but they're on the opposite legs. I'd swap them around but since I couldn't tell in the first place I'm fine with them. Even though I'm personally okay with how MINE turned out, this seems like a horrible issue with QC ... again. Disappointing FunPub does not seem to be more active in correcting their QC.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014