TFCC Announces Labor Day Sale

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primeconvoy1, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    and glad you notified the rest of us about the number so we'd cave and order it too :p 

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I just tried adding 10 to my cart and it was reset to 6. And there's a note so that 6 is either the total in stock or the maximum allowed per order. Since it sounds like others have ordered since the first report of 6, then that must be the maximum TFCC allows per order. So there are at least 6, and probably more still in stock.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Lumpy said earlier that were 13 in stock, he must've got that number somehow

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Mine arrived yesterday. I think I was one of the first ones to order, when I went to order mine there were 20 in stock. Ironhide, Chromia and Fallback are all being traded off though, I mainly wanted Deathsaurus, his drones and Ricochet.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Well, then I guess no one has placed an order since the first report of 6.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20 is the max. I was told by Brian that their system is not set up to adjust that number during the second PCP sale.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, for the last week i've put in like 44 and it automatically reset to 20 with the maximum warning... so it looks like 6 is now the magic number... not many left now... hopefully everyone who wants one can still place an order...

true, but that was also only 2 hours ago... i'd imagine these will be gone within the next two days...

then the big question is, will the prices on this set start to rise at all? obviously Deathsaurus and Ironhide are the two most popular figures in the set... have people been holding off to get him hoping that TFCC would do a sale like this? and did all those people actually get one? i doubt it... i'm betting there's people who'll miss out, and the prices may jump up a little...

8. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The price should go up slightly. I saw a Deathsaurus sell for $150 on ebay last week. I can only see his price staying the same or worse case leveling at $120 and if you can't get $40-70 for the rest of the set you're doing something wrong.

9. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doh!!! FEDEX tried to deliver the one hour I was not home on Saturday and they didn't even try yesterday when I had my brother wait at home. Grrr.. .

Tell me again why you don't just buy the set yourself and sell off Deathy and Moonracer?

10. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Ya, sorry, I had misread the posts after the 6 and thought people had placed orders after that and before my post... oops.

11. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay!!!! Down to 5.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    its all good...

right? that seems like a much better plan... if you sell Deathsaurus, Moonracer, Fallback and Richochet you could probably pay for the set almost entirely...

I may sell Ironhide, cuz I like his latest rendition... not sure what i'll do with the rest... Fallback isn't something i truly need... had wanted it once to be Outback, and the green movie one Strongarm was gonna be Brawl, then legends happened... Ricochet might be cool, but i've got his mold already and like the other scheme more...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  13. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1 Botcon set left!

14. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darn. . .I was hoping we could have done a countdown. 5. . . 4. . .3. . .2. . .1. . . Happy Labor Day!!!!!!!!!

15. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The last Deathy on ebay only sold for $100. Scalpers beware!

16. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    not that it any of your business...i am currently not a member of the club...not worth joining to get a bagged set for 1 figure...i had deathasarus and sold it...i already have the other figures of the set....so why would i spend $40 to join, then spend another $160 for the set...then pay shipping....to turn around and sell off all the other figures to get the one figure i am interested in???

Stop asking stupid, unneccesary questions...if i posted a specific post about wanting a figure...it is my business and not needing your smart comments...

obviously if i wanted a bagged set i would have ordered a bagged set.

17. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And sold out!!!!!!!!!!!

You have indicated that you have several valid reasons. 1) not a member & 2) do not like to resell. Limited finances would be another.

My comments were not meant to be "smart". I was trying to be helpful by determining if you had valid reasons for not buying the entire set or if you were the type who was bad at math. Believe it or not there are plenty of people on this board who would buy this and other Botcon sets piecemeal and end up paying hundreds more.

I only wanted the Deathy I was going to offer you the Insects and Ironhide for $70+combined shipping but I guess I'll take my stupid, unecessary question elsewhere. Good day everyone.

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    wow man, overreact much? it was a valid issue... and your reason makes perfect sense, no need to get upset about it... hopefully you can find the toys you want...

anyway, i totally meant to order an issue of the comic with my loose set, but forgot... so i called the number it listed on their page but they couldn't add the comic too it... but then it said online that if i only wanted to order the comic, to call them to get pricing... and the lady i was talking to on that phone number seemed to have no idea what i was talking about... now i'll either wait til i order a lithograph or two, or just find the comic elsewhere...

glad i didn't hesitate... cuz i almost did... was gonna wait til later this week, or next week before the sale ended... but hey, now i get me a deathsaurus... looking forward to getting that figure... i sold my RID Megatron and Galvatron years ago cuz i wanted this figure instead so i haven't played with that mold in so long... can't wait!!!

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to find out how many of Astrotrain/Airazor they have left...

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    more then 20 is all we can tell right now... and we know they made 2000 originally... i honestly doubt there's a number of sets left though, one of those two figures probably sold a bit more then the other... so there's probably a couple hundred sets left, and then an additional amount of 1 of the other figures... I just sent out an email to try to find more info... if i hear anything, i'll post...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010