TFCC Announces Labor Day Sale

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primeconvoy1, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I thought the TCC club said the Botcon 2005 set finally sold out almost a year ago. buying the set is worth it just to get deathsauras. as it's the best color variation on that mold. with the best head sculpt on that mold. too bad the cancelled out/axed the flip up/down bat head.

were they referring to the boxed 2005 set & not the loose bagged 2005 set?

poor astrotrain & airrazor apparently no one wants those molds. can't say I blame them. as the jetfire mold lacks serious poseability. while the airrazor character was rather dull,booring & reminded me of a old english maid in beastwars cartoon series.

$15 dollars for heatwave is the steal deal of a life time.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I bought mine off of ebay years ago. I put the deathsauras toy inside a Rid megatron box.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yes. They sold out of the boxed set, but they wouldn't sell the bagged set by itself, so people couldn't order one without a boxed set. As a result, they now have bagged sets leftover, and this is the first time they're selling them seperately (and, assuming they sell out, it'll be the only time).

Eh, I want Astrotrain (partially for the mini-cons), but I -don't- want Airazor, and this deal only seems to apply if you buy them both. Plus, I can't afford them (or the other good stuff) right now, so it's irrelevant

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm just gonna have to join and buy the set I guess. I'll just sell ironhide and the ones i dont want on eBay and hope to recouperate some of the cashola.

5. Lachoneus

Lachoneus Dinobot

News Credits:
    If anyone doesn't want the Ironhide let me know how much for him.

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm selling mine. PM me if you wanna make a deal.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bought my Astrotrain and Airazor years ago, full price on both... but I don't regret it... I love Astrotrain, and have every version, and needed Airazor to go with my 06 set... so i'm satisfied...

you could sell Airazor for 25-30 most likely, and then you'd have Astrotrain with the minicons...

also, I emailed Brian Savage to ask about the price increase, he said that was done to keep people happy who had to buy the boxed set to get the loose set... but that got me thinking, what about those of us who supported the club right off, and bought Astrotrain and Airazor at full price? kinda sucks for us... but oh well... hopefully i can get some stuff on ebay this week so i can buy more toys from TFCC... I'm not sure if i'd sell off anyone from this set though... I like most of the molds, and it'd be cool to have every single set, all complete... but then again, i could care less about Ironhide, Fallback isn't a big deal for me either since i have 3 other versions of that mold... I've already got Dirge, so I could sell that one... Chromia would be really cool though... and I definitely have been wanting Deathsaurus for a long time now... 16 days to get some money... cuz i want those lithographs too... especially for half off, since i was willing to buy them for full price last week...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What Brian said is believable. The club wants to get rid of its extra Astrotrain, Airazors and 2005 sets but it also has to keep its promises. Astrotrain and Airazor were club exclusives and the club made too many on its first run so putting it on sale is normal. The 2005 Boxset promise was:

"They would not sell the boxset for less then they charge the people who attended the Botcon or bought an Iacon"

They got around this by giving away two free Leozack to people who bought a 2005 Boxset at Botcon 2009 and when they bundled it with a looseset earlier in the year and sold it for $330 (?). I can't remember if they charged less in 2008 when they ran out of Shattered Glass but that was a special case also. The Looseset specification is that:

"You can't buy a Looseset unless you bought a Boxset."

When they ran out of boxsets they ran into a problem so now they've re-envisioned the looseset specification to imply:

"You can't buy a Looseset [at or below regular price] unless you bought a Boxset."

I bet if you bought a Boxset only and called them up they'd honor the original price on the Looseset.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, that's true... Brian just confirmed it in an email to me. I was hoping I could get the loose set after buying an 09 set awhile ago, but he said no... i just really need to get this set... but its been a low priority since the club has had them for so long... now that the supply might dry up, prices might start rising on a few of these pieces...

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On a similar note, the TFCC store has Terradive, Electrostatic Jolt, and Tomahawk in stock. You have to buy Battle Blades Bumblebee to get Tomahawk, though, and Terradive and Electrostatic Jolt are sold together as well.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone wants that Astrotrain I'll bite and help with the cost for Airrazor. Unfortunately though I'm not a club member yet.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    if anyone needs help ordering stuff, i can place an order for you. just PM me and let me know...

EDIT: just placed my purchase for the loose 2005 set... 13 left... better hurry if you want one...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  13. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Bah, it's cutting it really close, but I ordered the 2005 set. So now I guess they have 12 or less left.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFCC's president will be doing cartwheels in the office over the fact that the 2005 sets have FINALLY been sold.

Somebody at 2011 Botcon should ask if TFCC will do a limited run of the 2005 set for people that missed it. :D 

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just ordered a set too, after much deliberation and hand-wringing. Unfortunately, I realized too late that I'd entered my debit card number instead of my credit card number. Whoops! Thankfully I have enough money in the account to cover it, but things're gonna be tight at casa de Ikkstakk for the next few weeks...

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Well, shipping sure was fast on these badboys. Ordered on the afternoon of the 31st, had them in hand on the 4th USPS. Now I just need to decide if I want to keep Nexus Prime or not.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    if anyone has an ironhide they want to sell for say $50 PM me...

18. Abrogate

News Credits:
    I'm trying to decide if I want to sell mine... since I already got Universe Ironhide and wouldn't mind recouping my money... But I won't know how I feel till I get the set in hand. (I'm stubborn about breaking up sets)

19. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I caved and bought a set. There are 6 left (if I am not mistaken).

PM sent.

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    wow, glad i ordered when i did...