TFC_Red Cross

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Galvatron197, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Red Cross review
    This time Red Cross is going solo. Looks like the last Prometheus figure will not be out till mid February, don't quote me on it-just guessing here. I was happy / shocked he got released so fast. Got him out the box and man-wow is he short and thick!

Good: One solid figure. Love the IDW flavor Red Cross has going on the paint apps. The light pipe work on the head fantastic also the detailed color on the guns is kick ass also.
    Bad: Before I get into the bad, I want to clear the Ambulance written backwards thing here. I know, I know-in the rear view mirror you will see it spelled the right away. And that's just tfc sticking with realism. Honestly Ambulance is not written backwards on 'every' emergency vehicle period. I wish Tfc would've gone the alternative route by having Imohteps' medical symbol on the front-airbrushed in red. Trust me everyone would know Red Cross is an ambulance. Speaking on that, hell a giant red cross would work too.
    The other bad is the hinge on the shoulders I do not like. It's attached to a semi stiff ratchet for the shoulder to move. Third, on the figure the adjustable flaps on Red Cross's legs you can move for alt mode and bot mode. TFC paid attention to this detail, but not paying attention the 'word ambulance' being spelled backwards. No offense to TFC, I mean it should've occurred to them to say this...We're going to use the Imohtep medical symbol, and paint it blue.
    When I move his shoulders, his body kibble gets in the way, as a result I have limited pictures of him in my gallery.

Overall:
    This is not a dump on tfc by all means. Red Cross is my love and hate figure. Love him because of his quality of plastic he's made out of. Hate: The shoulders don't lock into place and sometimes kibble gets in the way when I pose him-or play with him from time to time. However to be fair I give him a solid 5 out of ten. I would've given red cross a solid eight if the shoulders locked into place. In addition the team is coming together nicely

Combine mode so far:
    I combined Prometheus and talk about on solid 'brick' of tfc combiner. Definitely a huge step in the right direction in regards to quality here. Even with one arm attached balance of weight is not an issue. However he can hold any pose I put him in. When he stands flat footed he's straight as an arrow.

Attached Files:

2. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Solid bro...I have seen differences in Ambulances even within the same city...guess you can't please everybody with that though...

3. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Well Breaux man I was hoping tfc would avoid that. Unfortunately they did not-I wasn't ripping on tfc at all. I just wished tfc used a symbol- to avoid other harsh criticism..But over all I love red cross-he's just fun to play with...You can store the guns on the side of his busy back pack too.

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    My only complaint on Red cross is the translucent Blue showing the ugly screw that's behind it...otherwise I have no other issues with him.

Love the head sculpts on all of them. Something I noticed recently is that CW Hot spot and First aid have face sculpts that are near identical to Hydrant and Red cross.

BTW looks like Gumball is about to laser beam eyes someone to death :lol 

5. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned