TFC Uranos changes...no big deal?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by G.I.EDDIE, Aug 17, 2012.

?

TFCs Superion...are changes okay?

1. Yes, I'm fine with deco and member changes

105 vote(s)
    46.5%
  2. No!...G1 or GTFO!

121 vote(s)
    53.5%
  1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Simple poll...not trying to beat a freshly dead horse here guys, just wanting to get some non-scientific numbers

I know not everything has been shown yet, but judging by a few simple pictures, TFC seems to be making some drastic changes to their Superion...yes, maybe these are just proto versions and decos may change (though not likely the SR-71) but what if they don't, are you okay with that?

So, basically, are you okay with TFC taking some liberties and changing things up a little with their version of Superion (Uranos) or are you only on board if they stick by the original five member team with G1 decos?

No choice for fence riders or "I'll wait and see" guys...no ones holding yer balls to the fire saying that what you choose now is your final decision...just saying, based on the info that WE KNOW RIGHT NOW, if this was HYPOTHETICALLY going to be final results of the project, how would you feel about that?...the assumption that there will be six full members and one is an SR71 and there are obvious deco changes, is that cool?...or no, G1 or GTFO!

[​IMG]

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm fine with the deco. White wings would be extremely nice, but the black is not a deal-breaker for me. even though it's close. If they keep doing things like that with other bots, I'm probably out.
    6 figures? unless one of them turns into a gun or something, I'm out. I will most likely not buy a Superion where Silverbolt isn't the (only) core robot. If they're making 6 figures of equal size instead of 4+1, then I'm probably out.
    Not wanting to pay $590 just because they want to milk it.

That said, I MAY buy the four limbs, and hope another company makes a proper Silverbolt :D 

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, the heads/faces being different (read: not anime accurate) bugs me more than the paint apps.

Also I don't have a problem with 6 rather than 5 bots but it depends on the execution.

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    To me, it's not so much the changes but the MASSIVE KIBBLE it introduces. An SR-71 just doesn't have the interior volume to hold a robot inside. Not as a transforming toy.

I was/am one of the biggest proponents of changing Silverbolt to something else---something with MORE interior volume than a Concorde, so as to reduce the jet-mode kibble---NOT to one of the flattest, skinniest jetplanes in history so as to have way more kibble than the limb-bot F-4 and F-15 we've seen. They could have picked almost anything else, and had a better jet mode for it. Are SR-71's awesome? Yes, yes they are. Should they ever really be used as the basis of a transforming toy robot? No, just about anything else works better. I'll say it for the zillionth time---an XB-70 is white, Concorde-esque, but has a big squarish belly that could have contained the entire robot mode INSIDE, and maybe even combiner fists/feet.

It's like they completely changed goals half-way through. "Let's go for very realistic minimal-kibble alt-modes and use the same alt-modes as the G1 version did for the limbs with homaging bot-modes----but change the torso bot to something completely different and be sure to pick an alt-mode that will maximize belly-kibble---and also make it look just like the much-maligned ROTF Jetfire toy in bot-mode"

5. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Head/face change is ok if its not too far removed from the g1 look and could live with a little colour change.
    Six bots kills it for me superion is five only in my book.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I want to wait and see. I don't want to judge a movie on a trailer and I don't want to judge this on a few tidbits of information and a couple pictures.

7. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Deco changes? I could live with that. But making it six robots? Superion is supposed to be just five. Monstructor, Devastator, and Piranacon are the only six member combiners, and the latter always has the fifth smaller one form a gun. I love Hercules, I was hesitant on Uranus at first, the FansProject Stunticons made me a little less on the fence, and now this has pretty much pushed me completely off the fence. I'll stick with Antaeus, the FansProject upgraded Superion. This was also what pushed me in the direction of Hercules in the first place away from Giant.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make it G1 colors and only five members. I don't get why they make random dumb choices like making Bonecrusher's blade black.

If it's six $100+ members, I'm most likely passing. If I'm paying $500-$600, I want the Superion I know.

9. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Let's see how it turns out first. If it's awesome enough people will buy it. Besides, I'm already committed on a pre-order of the first two which are pretty sweet.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Feel free to mess with the decos. But there are 5 bots. 5.

11. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Scramble city teams are 5the members, no more, no less.

Deco changes i can live with, but i want them to invoke the physical image of the character

But the 65th member and the sr71 are deal breakers for me

12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Well this is kinda depressing for me , as I feel G1 is gospel for me lol. Paint deco changes? Not happy about that. SILVERbolt being a black stealth like jet? Def not happy about that! If I remember correctly , in the beginning he was scared of heights an not aggressive at all. Huh....what to do with my preorders....

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Cannot care less if there's six or five or different colors or choice of alt modes. As long as it looks cool and is well engineered with minimal QC issues, I do no give one hot damn.

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't know how to answer...I'm fine with it because I'm comfortable just keeping my $500+ this time around, but I think it's utterly stupid of them. Which way am I supposed to vote?

15. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So Piranacon doesn't count then? He had six members.

16. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    :lol 

Just cause you vote, doesn't mean you HAVE to buy it

17. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    When i refer to scramble city, i'm refering to those that actually appeared in scramble city. Seacons were not part of that

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    What do you mean with that last part? Both have six components like the original, and didn't deviate from the G1 formula (unless you mean the first, yellow giant)

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Without seeing a complete look, it is very hard for me to okay with the changes.

I, like many have stated before, was under the impression that TFC Toys was making an updated, yet very true to design, Superion.

I voted for the bottom choice, but the final look will determine which way I go in the end. I haven't preordered this and I'm not likely to do so--I'll likely purchase these well after all have shipped and read lots of feedback before purchasing, assuming I do so at all.

I hope Uranus rocks.

20. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I'm pulling the trigger on pre-orders everytime a 3rd party group announces another combiner robot, so I don't care. Is a way to express my extreme gratitude to the fans who are fulfilling the wishes of other fans like me, and a way to boycott hasbro and all the sh*t they've been putting out - oversized legends as deluxes, Prime, Kreo, bot shots. So keep them coming.

Unless it's extremely ugly like those dinobot and protectobot wannabes. Even with the changes these uranus limbs look way better than that.

Oh and it's just me or the painted jet mode prototypes are way bigger than the gray ones in the back?