TFC Toys Satan (Abominus combiner)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. yes

41.3%
  2. maybe

24.6%
  3. no

31.2%
  4. Shattered Glass Abominus please!

7.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xyl

Xyl Member

Here you go.

IMG_20200413_190034.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

For those who want know:
    Yes it is possible to have SinnerTwins
    Heads active in Robot Mode.

Looks pretty Badass.

I expect a similar Feature from Blot.
    Who has, as i saw on Pictures, indeed 4 Arms.

IMG_20200424_222854.JPG
    IMG_20200424_222817.JPG

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  3. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    does he have an arm mode in any shape, form, or way? apologize in advance if this has already been dealt with

4. Sephiroth169

No sorry, no Arm Mode.
    Leg Mode only.
    There is nothing like an Elbow Swivel or such.

Only Leg Mode. Compatible with TFC Poseidon as i saw in several Youtube reviews.

Fantastic Figure, one of the best Modern Incarnations Figures i had in a few Years.

If TFC creates and Modern Computron, Menasor,
    or RAIDEN Combiner the next Years, i am all in.

If someone wants a pure G1 Incarnation
    > UT Ordin, or MAYBE Future Mastermind Creation or
    Zeta Toys Abominus would be best for you.

I was against TFC because of their HUGE Fail on Predaking and Raiden.
    Several Youtube Comments from Users also see it that way.
    Some People do not want to be fooled again.

But SinnerTwin is pretty amazing.

Very Solid Material, NOT STRESS MARKS ON MINE.

I know BobbySkullface had Stress Marks on his Copy.
    But there are none on mine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Poseidon was a huge Renaissance for them. I wish the combined joints were a lot stronger, but everything else was great. I'm going into this team with no fears.

• Like Like x 5
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

He and Trinity Force are amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. redrum2581

Ebay:
    i saw the improvements they started with Hades before blowing Poseidon out the water and made sure to only preoder Poseidon into my loot so that i could watch reviews and make a decision on jumping in, and $650+ later Poseidon is tied with Nero Rex as may fav combiner, but this still circles back to Poseidon was an insane crazy update phenomenal figure, damn engineering marvel. With that said that makes Satan seem like a step back in the engineering dept after handling and doing whatever i want with Poseidon but not being able to do the same with Satan, so as much as Satan looks great, the wow factor is loss and i guess i'll be sticking with Ordin. Ultimately time will tell, i'll go in if Mammon/Blot has an arm mode and Cutthroat has a leg mode
    [​IMG]
    but damn if that ain't one sexy looking arm

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sephiroth169

I do not think Blot will have an Arm Mode.
    Would not make Sense to leave SinnerTwin
    with Leg Only Mode, while all other 3 Limbs
    can change between Leg and Arm.

I only know Abominus from my Childhood a little bit. I am only used to RipperSnapper and Cutthroat as Arms from multiple Pictures.

Never saw SinnerTwin being an Arm.

Also never wanted to buy TFC Figures or
    TFs with an Beast Mode ever again.
    Never been that "Animal convert to Robot" Fan.

But here i am :) 

Most of the Combiners have already been done by TFC. Many People speculate on Youtube, if Abominus will be
    TFCs "Last Dance" and Final Combiner.

Hope not. With the current increase in Quality and Modern look, i want to see if they can do
    Computron, Menasor or Raiden.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Requiem Prime

We already know they're doing God Neptune. Technically just another redeco, but if the do Scylla justice I'm counting it.

Personally, I can't see myself to get a redeco that big, but she gets a guaranteed pass if she's not just Thousandkills again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

So... much... YES

I would not be getting a full 2nd set, but Scylla is a guarantee for me. Probably Sea Phantom too... and if they did a Red Death claw since the only lobster in BWII was red.... slag, a full 2nd set...

The color imblanace in Poseidon bothers me enough that I want to either resolve it or push it out the window. I could mix from the 2 sets and be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BIOMEC

Is it because of the pink and the green bots?

12. Requiem Prime

I can't speak for others, but I didn't mind the pink.
    To me it was more they flubbed the color balance. They tried to make each one emphasize a different color, but it came off as disjointed pairs instead of a single shared pallette. And you can tell they noticed it because they sold extra color options for their add-ons.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Pink and green as a combo doesnt bother me, but having the 2 blue members stick out is an issue for me.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the colors on Big Bite and 1000kills, but Menasor bothers me because of Drag Strip, and Superion bothers me because of Skydive (g1) and Slingshot (g2), but Abominus I have no issue because basically none of his members color-coalesce.

Predaking (mine is Feral Rex) is pretty phenomenal as I can see the point someone made about the team color set and how basically each member lacks one color but together they are still a meshed palette.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BIOMEC

What I do with Poseidon is to locate the blue members as legs or as arms to keep a good balance of colors that look good. They blend a lot better as legs due to Ironshell's thighs colors though.

I love IDW Menasor color scheme, the different colors of the cars make it look so nice and he still look cohesive for the most part.

• Like Like x 3
  15. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Piranacon's palette is quite balanced, if the original configuration is followed:

The upper section, has teal/grey/black. The lower section has magenta/pink/blue.

Snaptrap is the only one that has both of the two main colors----teal and magenta. And he even follows the "overall combined pattern" of teal upper and magenta lower, within himself. He literally "ties it all together, in a very cohesive pattern". His color pattern, as the leader/torso, seems to be very deliberately "mixing the upper and lower halves of the team".

The artist who designed the G1 Seacon palette, definitely put a lot of thought into who has what colors and where, and it works great when followed.

But if people start playing scramble city and having a purple leg and a blue arm, then it does indeed start looking messy...

*and of course, guns often are colored quite differently from the bot that wields it----and Overbite is mostly purple, because he's not even intended to match the main body of the combiner----he's the gun. Look at how many Decepticon combiners have purple guns. Overbite is just upholding a tradition started by Devastator and Menasor.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  16. MetroSupreme

MetroSupreme Well-Known Member

17. redrum2581

Ebay:
    I do what @BIOMEC does, blue, pink, and burgundy legs and then grey green, and black across the top, i think it looks good that way thanks to the burgundy thighs and green chest on on Rainy Turtloid (yes i only refer to them as their MMX names lol), no way i could've done any other combination and not have my mind not go crazy over the mismatching of colors. I too am looking forward to seeing how they do God Neptune and there's a part of me that wants the more matching white, teal, gold but i don't want to spend $600+ on a repaint so i might just grab Scylla bcuz that's all i need for the way my collection is set up.

@Sephiroth169 i know but that's why i said just Blot and Cutthroat having both modes, Sinnertwin and Rippersnapper having just their respective modes and i'm fine with it, that way they only have to really put extra effort into 2 instead of 4. Though i now wonder if it was easy to give Poseidon limbs both modes since they had to give them all their target master modes, things that make you go hmmm.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The twin shoulder cannons look is pretty badass. Much cooler than just hiding the heads away in robot mode.

Agh, still not sure if I want to dive in on this set. I'll stick with my usual routine with combiners and wait for them all to be released before making a decision. He looks so good!

19. BIOMEC

From TFC wiebo

1wcpilwygxljbi4f4rvo7l0ds.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

The saw-blades stick out so much... And now its glowing red. Well, that helps! Plus, the snout looks blunt, more so with colour applied. I realise at this point the moulds wont be changed, but at least provide an alternate head for those who dont like this one?