TFC Toys Satan (Abominus combiner)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. yes

45.1%
  2. maybe

22.7%
  3. no

28.7%
  4. Shattered Glass Abominus please!

7.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Nope, but if it made you happy feel free to keep imagining so and I won't mind one bit :) 

Actually, (I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Boat to China was covered by Sinatra and also an army of others, sometimes solo, sometimes as a duet. One of my favorite renditions is Miss Piggy and Roger Moore on The Muppet Show.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  2. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

The landshark is pulling me into this sea of fire.
    Get it? Coz... satan.

But really I'm finding my joy for the UT versions waning despite preferring the blockier aesthetic.
    These beasts modes are vicious though... Want them for that alone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

To elaborate on this, the Carmen Sandiego franchise is much more than that. It was originally a series of geography and world history PC games 35 years ago, that saw over 20 followup games, and lead to a competitive game show on public broadcasting in the early 90s, an animated series in the mid-90s, and a followup time-travel game show in the later 90s. In recent years, they've had a few internet games, one even utilizing Google Earth, as well as a brand new animated series on Netflix that just wrapped up it's final season less than a month ago.

While this topic was mostly related to a song lyric, it's kinda fun to point out this has been an extremely successful series for what started off as a simple education PC game wayyy back in the 80s.

• Like Like x 4
  4. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That did the trick. Good eye with the lower jaw tab. Glad you spotted it. He feels a lot more solid. Now I’ll just have to be super careful when I have to pull all that stuff back out for transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Hmm.

I guess this is just another one of those American things that was big over there, but never really gained traction in the U.K?

(See also: Hootie and the Blowfish, corn dogs, fire hydrants, cheese whiz, and baseball)

• Like Like x 1
  6. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Picked up a leviathan. Love it. Feels solid. Transformation is reminds me of a CW rippersnapper. Definitely a recommend. I'm gonna wait for the whole set before getting the other bots though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

I can understand all the others, but how did corn dogs not catch on? Do you people value your lives and your health or something? What about the breakfast version with a sausage on a stick, wrapped in a pancake??

• Like Like x 1
  8. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

20210225_210536.jpg
    Definitely diggin. The beast modes won me over. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath on finding a way to integrate the combiner pieces into the team in individual modes, but I mainly got these for these mean beasts forms. I feel like I'm starting to care less about the gestalt and more about each member.

• Like Like x 4
  9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I am getting them to be Sixshot's minions!

They will look "ok" with Gcreation Fuuma. I hope CangToys release a bigger version and also improved to their Predacon team standards.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Finally got my gorgeous Leviathan this week and love him. Definitely a smoother and more enjoyable transformation than the other two. So far my only real gripe has been with Astaroth. Over the past six months, his leg joints have gotten looser and looser and he can't really hold a pose in beast mode anymore. I haven't really messed with him much either. They just don't seem to want to hold the weight of that glorious double-doggy. I'll have to see what I can do to stiffen him up a little.

• Like Like x 2
  11. lordelohim

lordelohim Deity

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Does anyone else hate the beast mode of Blot? I got rid of Ordin to get these instead, and the Ordin Blot beast mode, Troll, was one of the best Gen 1 inspired beast modes I have ever seen. This one is… not good.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I have extensively discussed my opinions about it. Many folks believe its a result of TFC trying to do a stylised take on the character. But the proportion problems goes beyond just adding an excess of details. But i can live with it. Luckily, i have no real attachment to the character. Else, i would be pretty disappointed with the alt mode, NGL

13. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't particularly have a problem with them not going by G1 much for this particular character,

Let's face it, G1 Blot was just goofy
    Terrorconfight.jpg

Even the comic didn't really make him that threatening
    130px-Blot_cutthroat_time_wars.jpg

UT already deviated quite a bit
    ut-ordin-troll-02.jpg

Seems like TFC just said "heck with it" and made him (and the other Terrorcons) basically demons in robot bodies
    TFC-Toys-S-02-Mammon-02.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  14. lordelohim

lordelohim Deity

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That is the closest up I have ever seen that figure. I never noticed the saw blades in him before (I do not have any of these yet). I may not like the beast mode much, but that is really cool.

15. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Leviathan is vicious looking af.
    For asteroth, I had a loose elbow on the beast leg at the front left. I added some floor polish to the seams and it is on it's way to stiffening up (I usually give bout 2-3 days to set) so you might be able to do the same thing.

I actually really dig his alt mode, more than I expected. The head can open its mouth and turn left and right which allows him to emote more than UTs beast mode. Not a fan of some stress marks but the hot blow dryer trick worked on some parts already, and other than that, the gun on the shoulder isn't my thing given how much it is up against the head, so the under arm works but is okay, not the best spot but workable. The legs can be a bit jiggly but what matters most is that it isn't jiggly when I set it down, sits stable and has a decent range of motion.
    Liking them all, myself.

• Like Like x 2
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    No problem with Blot's alt mode except for the floppy hips. His bot mode though is a fail.

17. The Happenin Rhinoceros

I was initially disappointed in the look of Blot and started looking for a UT Troll instead (I have no intention of combining these at all). I eventually said "screw it" and bought Mammon. I'm glad I did. He looks MUCH better in hand than in photos. While a little wonky at first, the details really started to grow on me. I'm still going to paint those mouth buzzsaws silver and redo the claws in purple, but other than color choices, I've really begun to dig the look

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

So far, Troll is the only one I'm gonna miss.

19. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I like it a lot :) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

20210301_200800.jpg
    20210301_210432.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 15