TFC Toys Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. yes

265 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. maybe

115 vote(s)
    25.1%
  3. no

79 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Haven't seen u in ages. How are u?

2. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

My biggest hang up on these guys has been the blue plastic feet and crotch. If it's finally going to be all camo then i might get one.

3. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Agreed

4. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I like these designs but anyone think they’re kindof antithetical to Optimus Prime’s beliefs? I don’t think he’d be cool with having a nuclear weapon strapped to his back. I’m definitely tempted to pick them up though won’t lie.

5. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Back in the day maybe..now the guy rips off faces. These are crazy times..he's just changed with them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Isn't rhat presumptuous? Just because it looks like a nuclear weapon doesn't mean it is one. We're talking about an advanced robotic alien race. Its far more likely to be some advanced star killer weapon. Why settle for glassing a few square miles when one could render the whole solar system lifeless?

• Like Like x 10
  7. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What’s presumptuous about knowing Optimus Prime and his character? “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings”? Have you never watched any of the multitudes of G1 episodes or comics or absorbed any of his ethos which was pretty even across the board? I am just saying Optimus Prime has never shown any warlike proclivities beyond doing what must be done. Not nuking the planet back to the Stone Age.

A good point was made about him disguising himself as a Nuke without being one and like that thought. However this is clearly based off the G1 Prime and not the movie one so I think we can discard the out of character elements like ripping faces off and swording bots in half.

8. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    G1 Prime has some moments in the IDW run.

There's a whole thing about he and Megatron basically decide the fates of whole planets whilst sat in war bubble command centres and send no end of soldiers to their deaths. He's all in on the war there.

Also for cold moments don't forget Galvatron... tBHzW9L.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

I wish they would reissue a red and blue version. No chance on that, huh?

• Like Like x 2
  10. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    same, though hopefully a month after i financially recover from buying a graphics card

11. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

The original concept was based off an idea of a GI Joe/Transformers crossover. It's only a matter of scale between bieng a mobile SCUD launcher and a mobile ICBM launcher. Do you have another Joe vehicle in mind that would be more appropriate? In one comicvvrun he was a Cobra HISS tank. That would be cool to get someday, especially if it was in scale with GI Joes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Not GI Joe, but I want someone to transform into the Shagohod. It's already practically a Transformer.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

And since we're on the subject of cross-overs, I haven't seen any of the new Skynet-vs.-Cybertronian comics myself but it would be fantastic if we got a Terminator HK that could transform, or one of the Aerial dropship drones.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFCTOYS

8271cf6egy1gimk9uy9y3j20zq0u0wlh.jpg 8271cf6egy1gimk9ul59wj216a0u0n6i.jpg 8271cf6egy1gimk9v8nfvj214o0u07d0.jpg 8271cf6egy1gimk9vkd27j20w10u0gsj.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  15. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hey I am with you. I think it looks really cool. I was just thinking it’d be a good conversation point about his character meshing with the design. The whole point of the G1 cartoon/Autobot designs were that they were civilian/non military vehicles, as opposed to the Decepticons which were all military/war machines.

As a crossover though (and I have the first several comics of the GI JoeXTF) it’s a really cool idea on an aesthetic/visual level.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    He’s definitely all about the sacrifice of one to to save many. Sure there’s been the odd out of character arc but for the most part you have to admit in the G1 continuity he’s had a fairly consistent character.

17. Safeguard

Safeguard Autobot

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    In my headcanon, this isn't Prime. It's a knock-off built by MECH for the U.N. to use against the 'invading' Transformers. It scales so well with the Diaclone Reboot stuff that I include them in my headcanon as well.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Conran

Conran Well-Known Member

The Stunticons, Aerialbots, Warpath, Runabout & Runamok, Powerglide, Soundwave, Constructicons, Hound and many others would all like a word with you.

• Like Like x 4
  19. cultofkraken

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You’ve got a point with some of those. I was thinking core Arc members from the first season mostly, Hound as a Jeep could go either way as most people had recreational jeeps in the 80s. I just never thought there was anything super warlike about Autobots and especially Optimus and I’ll stand by that.

20. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got what you meant. I was thinking along the same lines. It's one thing when the original creators could choose any vehicle on earth, or any preexisting toy and assign it the leadership role. But what happens when you constrain vehicle selection to crossover concept? If you want something analogous from the modern military then there's any number of Army owned non-combat transports, but then you're overlapping a lot with Onslaught, or it might just be a glorified repaint of his original mold. If you're constrained to actual GI JOE vehicles the APC might be the most analogous, but kinda lame. I thought the HAVOK or bridge layer could be cool Prime variants.

After looking thru the old Joe vehicles I now seriously want a Mean Dog/Ultra Magnus mash up.
    YOJOE.COM | Mean Dog

• Like Like x 2