TFC Toys Prometheus (Defensor/Protectobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 12, 2013.

1. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, I've yet to see a TFC project that interested me. It's an aesthetic thing mostly. So I'm not the target demographic for this project, but...

Man does that transformer look BORING. Not from a design standpoint, can't judge that, but from a deco standpoint. It's a bland white car with a light bar. The robot mode is helped tremendously by the red, but it still looks dull. Not sure how to go about improving the look, but they need to come up with something!

2. Micronautsdeep

Micronautsdeep Well-Known Member

I could see $50-$60, but $100 a pop, and the body will likely be at least $120.....plus S/h, that's nearly $600. I like TFC, but not that much.

Pass.

3. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    I think part of the reason why tfc combiners always have some problem on the joints for balancing when combined. They never have a chance to tweet the minor problems in combined mode. They just release individually and expect it to turn out well when fully combined. The parts always gets in the way here and there when in combined mode.

4. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Design preference discussion :

Many here panned FP Menasor's leg transformation: cars as shins, with parts from Motormaster forming the rear calves. The result was pretty good proportions and spectacular articulation

Here we have the entire car as the lower leg but it's too thin imo

5. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    Looking at the parts, I think they are using MMC style for the feet design. That extra piece is on a ball joint to the feet and have a long and curve design to be plug to streetwise.

6. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Car mode looks OK to me. The bot mode looks a bit iffy and the leg mode doesn't look so hot. The autobot third party combiners aren't looking too attractive to me thus far.

7. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    What's really irritating me right now is I'm actually more interested in TFC's Ravage than I am their Streetwise when Defensor is the combiner I want and a second Predaking is the combiner I don't want. :lol 

I think I should just wait patiently and see if their HotShot/First Aid/Blades make up for their somewhat lackluster Streetwise and their weirdly over-detailed Groove and maybe in that time we'll have another company doing a Defensor as well and perhaps it'll be a little nicer.

I'm so damn impatient though I'm probably going to end up with tfc's regardless *sigh*

8. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking the same.

9. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im assuming you were trying to say gray sedan? When it comes to police cars, I cant say Ive seen too many light gray colored ones. While a true automotive gray car would be fine, if they used a gray plastic similar to the G1 toy it would look worse with the police deco. White just makes more sense as a police vehicle. He looks "off" in the G1 toy compared to the rest by being an ugly gray plastic.

10. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

I thought the design Fansproject went with was the best choice for their Menasor.

11. TruStarscreamer

TruStarscreamer Well-Known Member

once again another TFC pass...I wish they could have found a way to incorporate the foot piece in either mode. Also, he looks like a kitbashed Drift...

12. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    I gotta tell you, I am going to be VERY disappointed if this doesn't get released in a paint job homaging movie Barricade (yes, joining the chorus).

13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    That one I will flat-out stand by my statement. A white and blue police car. That's not any G1 character I know. It's closer to Prowl than Streetwise.

14. darkshot8

darkshot8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is it me... or does that NY PD sticker look really lame? I hope it can be pealed off or have an option to take it off... looks bad on this guy..

15. ninjaslacker

ninjaslacker Well-Known Member

def gonna preorder this bad boy!

16. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

This project has just got me very MEH overall.

I had a G1 streetwise as a kid and want an updated look.
    #1. moving from the old scout to the standard TFC size of Voyager is a bit of a jump.
    #2. And not being in scale with the other classics is a bit of a deal breaker.
    #3. Also his car was more sporty than muscle.
    #4. Colors are also just a bit off enough to not really pull me into the character.

He has a good head sculpt but the painting not quite on. I Also like that they left the windshield on the chest.

I very much echo the sentiment that this would make a great Barricade in black. but again my scale nazi comes out and says shrink it to deluxe.

Bottom line... while I have a huge hole in the protectobots to fill... I'm going to wait till the whole group comes out and snag it at a discounted price.... and hope that someone like Make Toys/FansProjects announces there own and goes with Deluxe rather than Scout size to match the other autobot vehicles.

17. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Is this the sarcasm thread or did I miss the memo?

This guy isn't a pretty slick update to...
    [​IMG]

...this guy?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Could really use a black spoiler, too. Every bit of contrasting color helps on that guy. Don't know how they missed that. (especially considering that TFC normally loves adding as many contrasting paint-apps as they possible can)

19. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Let’s Nuke Hurricanes!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFC should try and do one combiner correctly instead of cranking out a shitty versions of every team. One a side note not-Streetwise looks like shit for $100 I would rather have a third Smokescreen and $20 for something else.

20. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

I could go either way for the spoiler. Generally those dovetail type spoilers are the same color as the car. If it was a wing that would make more since being black. I agree he could use some more contrast, especially the hood. That hood could really use an emblem or stripe kit.