TFC Toys Old Soldiers OS-01 Ironwill (MP Ironhide)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Last Laugh

Last Laugh Well-Known Member

Can anyone who has this comment on whether the feet could be potentially be customized to get more rock? Looks like it's very limited that way...

I see that it's back in stock at a number of online stores but I'm on the fence about the feet...

2. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

The feet rocker is better than shown on most reviews. The tabs are very tight but they do pull out a little bit. Very solid figure and great transformation. Ironwill looks great next to mp-10

3. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

This.

4. Chaotic Yeti

Chaotic Yeti Well-Known Member

This mold doesn't seem to be very popular, but I like his bulky stature for Ironhide. Took him off the shelf for some back and forth transforming and posing. A few window and trim panels fell off, but were easily glued back on. The feet really are a shame, And I don't know why they went with asymetrical hands. If you look at the early photos, they have molds for both L/R.

[​IMG]

5. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll pick him up and hopefully someone will do another hand for him

6. Chaotic Yeti

Chaotic Yeti Well-Known Member

New hands would be great, and new feet are doable. They would be easy to replace. It really sucks that he is hindered but what appears to be poor design choices in key areas. So much potential.

[​IMG]

7. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

Quick question: is the chest window on this figure made of clear plastic but painted black? I'm not too fond of the black window, but if the paint could be stripped I might be interested in picking one up.

8. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

The windows are molded in dark plastic. But to me that's a good thing, I wish they had done the same with Medic (not Ratchet). On medic you can clearly see what's behind the window...which is nothing.

Even with its flaws, it's still an excellent figure!!!

9. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I went with this mold for both my MP Ratchet & Ironhide. I really like the mold and I think they look cool, bulky, and bad-ass. The little sidemirrors that are easily breakable are a bit of a worry but I've had them a couple months and nothing has been happened to em.

I know it would be better if the feet could rock more so that you could get them in cool poses with both feet flat on the ground - but all the chatter about "poor design" or limited this or that kind of seems like overkill to me. I can get them in cool lunging, lumbering foward, plus plenty of dynamic posing with a little balancing and common sense.

Feet ain't perfect but its not like they kill the figure. Same thing for hands - they don't look wierd or anything, but it just might mean you will usually only have the gun in one hand vs. being able to switch em up. Is that a deal-breaker to me? Hardly. Doesnt bother me in the slightest...

At around $90 - I think these are both great options if you like the brawler updated look. If you only want cartoon accurate - then MP Ironhide is probably more up your alley.

• Like Like x 1
  10. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

The figure is looking good and it's tempting for me only thing is I dont see Iron Hide out of him even I try to.

11. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Let's not forget what POS failure their Hound was. This is prolly right up there with it.

12. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I have not seen a single positieve review for TFC Hound.

However, I've only seen one negative review for Ironwill (from John Garringer) and that reviewer had transformation troubles that no other reviewer mentioned or experienced on camera. Actually, the few other reviews for Ironwill have all been positive with minor nitpicks.

13. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

TFC is doing awesome with their Liokaiser set.

Too bad this and their Hound were/are probably huge financial failures.

14. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

I wanted this figure to be good, the test shot I messed with rocked. The actual product fell apart and didn't even come with the proper accessories. There was a ball, they had it, but they dropped it.

15. Weezie

Weezie Taking a break, back soon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think benscollectibles liked it.

16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I think Ben likes everything. He really-really likes a lot :) 

But he didn't have any issues with it.

I've seen four reviews on Youtube and only one is negative (John Garringer), while Ben and two others are positive with attention to some small issues.

It's a bit small sample to base a judgment on whether or not this is good, but at least there are positive reviews. I don't think I've seen those for their Hound.

But I'm still undecided myself. MP Ironhide isn't exactly what I want (for starters he's a head too large), but I'm not sure Ironwill is. He might actually be a bit too bulky (even though it fits his character).

17. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

So I took the plunge on this guy, and two transformations later one of his side mirrors snapped off. Has anyone had any success modding the side mirrors back on?

18. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I've transformed mine several times with no problems with the mirrors...Sorry that happened, bro!!

19. Printformers

Printformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got them and they are great! They will fill my spot as Ironhide and Ratchet. I am glad I sold my Takara Ironhide and Vodoo will soon follow.

They take some getting use to but they fit very well with the scale and details. If you slide the shoulders back you will not risk snapping the mirror(Ironwills stress mark was done by the previous owner). I think this is a common mistake. I have painted the eyes light blue and I store the wepaon in Ironwills back.

I made am movie about the https://youtu.be/iK0RL97PfbQ and some pictures below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  20. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Fantastic pics.

They definitely look and scale better than Takara and Voodoo versions.