TFC-Toys Heavy Labor - Problems and Fixes

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Astronut, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swoop PK

Swoop PK Active Member

Ebay:
    Had Heavy Labor sitting unopened for about a week before plucking up the courage to set him free.

Got a misaligned leg to fix which seems easy enough. I havent dared move his legs though because of the damage it may cause. I know there's a fix coming but I would like to transform him before next year :) 

Don't know if I'm brave enough to start chopping at plastic to fix him so just wondered how difficult it is to correct the problem?

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You don't have to move the troublesome joint for the transformation, so you can play with it all day if you like, as long as you don't try to pose is legs much :D 

3. Swoop PK

Swoop PK Active Member

Ebay:
    Mine's fine, looks like it's slightly square but fits in both hands with no problems.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't be afraid of a little damage to the caps. You can always flip them over when you re-assemble the toy.

And once TFC ships out their replacement parts, I wouldn't be surprised if a fresh set were part of the package.

Don't be afraid of a little damage to the caps. You can always flip them over when you re-assemble the toy.

And once TFC ships out their replacement parts, I wouldn't be surprised if a fresh set were part of the package.

The best way to pop them out is to just pry at the edges with a hobby knife. Or on one of mine, I was kinda digging at it with a screwdriver, when the force of the screwdriver actually caused the little plug to twist and dislodge itself.

Someone in the main discussion thread in the news forum also mentioned some sort of adhesive putty that he managed to pull the plugs out with.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  5. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    If you have the means/tools/skills to do so, i'd only do the shave down the backside of the ratchet...

not sure about the amount, but it should look something like this

[​IMG]

yeah, i did too...it was the easier, least time consuming, no tools required solution...had i not been a lazt bum, i woulda went with the shave down...but like you said JN, the cut out piece seems to work fine

Attached Files:

6. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Yes, and no; the misaligned leg is caused (as far as i can tell) by a gear wheel installed slightly off. Is a very easy fix to do - even I could manage it!

I did the part shaving fix earlier, gave both HL's legs a few turns back n forth - and it seems to have done the job!! I will take him apart every so often, just to keep an eye on things, then I can let y'all know of any long term probs (if any)!

UJ

7. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The first mod has nothing to do with the 'squeak of doom', so you'll want to do the second one.

As for the screw covers, results vary from figure to figure and even cap to cap. If one side does get damaged a little, just putting the cap back in facing the other way ought to hide the damage.

Or alternatively, you can simply just not move the hips at all or not even touch Heavy Labor altogether and wait for TFC Toys' fix for the problem that will be available with Neckbreaker or Mad Blender. (or they'll ship it to you for free once it's ready if you email them)

8. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

Just finished the mod. The teeth on mines were badly sheared off on one leg already, but it seem to work to preserve the teeth on the other leg. I'm happy with it and hopefully TFC will just pack a fix waist assembly with legs with either of the last two figures.

This is prob because the gear is already worn away. Happened to mines too; doesn't take too many back and forth motions to cause it. I didn't check when I opened mines, but I wonder if the gears on the leg can be separated. If so, I'd rotate it into a position where its not use.

9. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    Yeah, same happened to me. Before I caught wind of the fix, I swung his legs maybe 2-3 rotations back and forth and then felt the teeth sheer. I cut out a small chunk (same width as pics) and now both legs barely have any bite.

I'm leaving it alone until TFC releases the spare parts with Madblender or Structor. I don't need a whole lower torso, just new gears and modified square/tooth pieces will be just fine by me.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes the new part will be included with Bonecrusher.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

You'll have to take them apart to see.

12. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone advise if the replacement part of HL hips does solve the problem by giiving picture or video review on it? Thanks

13. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Has there been any further updates from TFC regarding replacement parts or alternative steps?

14. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The only thing that came with Heavy Labor was a replacement shovel arm for Exgraver in case yours broke. (the second run of Exgraver had replaced the original shovel arm for the fixed replacement) Heavy Labor's fix is included with Neckbreaker. Apparently, just applying grease in there solved the issue. In addition, apparently the screw caps have been left off this time so you don't have to (practically) destroy 'em just to open up the crotch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.