TFC Hercules vs G1 Devastator + CrazyDevy's add-on kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Sep 22, 2011.

?

Which is your favorite Devy?

1. TFC Hercules

39 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. G1 Devastator

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. G1 Devastator + CrazyDevy's add-on kit

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Universe Devastator

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Energon Devastator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. ROTF Devastator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know hercules is not fully out... But out of all the Devy which is your favorite?

I would also like to know what you think is a better pick out of TFC Hercules and G1 Devastator + CrazyDevy's add-on kit.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

In terms of engineering, TFC's Devastator will be the best that we get. Perhaps MT's rendition will be up there as well, scaling comparisons aside. G1 Devastator is one of the best combiners of its era, even without the CD upgrade kit. And I'd even say that it holds up rather nicely to this day.

3. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

It kinda depends on what you're into. I like the idea of getting a huge Devastator with near Voyager-sized individual figures for $600 (and fresh designs) over the idea of paying more than $310 (assuming you don't already own a G1 Devastator) to get a complete crazydevy set from scratch.

That's just me though.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let you know when both are in hand.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    LMAO at ROTF Devastator being on the list. Unless you are keen on Tonka trucks that barely combine to form a, um, ah, er, a... thing.

Energon and Universe...Skip it, it is Devastator only in name, and even then it is actually Constructicon Maximus or something like that.

G1 Devastator is a must have for me because I collect G1, he is a great old school combining toy and Dev's is a personal favorite of mine.

G1+ CD parts. It is way too much money for me to spend to update a 30 year old figure. It was a cool concept before TFC and MT showed up.

Giant. We only saw a pic and have no info on the guy so I have no comment.

HERCULES. This is the physical form of how, we as children, saw G1 Devastator through the eyes of our imaginations. Think of it as how Non collectors would see MP Prime and say " Hey I remember that as a kid". We know they didn't but that is how G1 Prime looked to us when we were children. The same holds true for Hercules. Do not miss out on this guy because once he is gone the price to obtain him will be insane.

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I prefer the Classics energon recolor devastator for my classics. I really don't have a issue with the design.

Granted I am biased for paying retail for it after months of searching.

G1 devestator is legendary. Hercules is heavily inspired from it. But it won't be replaceing it, glorious rocket punch, foil stickers and die cast metal parts. Its a vintage staple of any G1 collection.

crazy devy parts for vintage figures. apparently it can make them more show accurate. But to me that stuff violates the museum standards of the really good condition loose figures you would apply these kits to.
    Maybe Its because I'm not a radicon or kit basher. But I value my toys place in History.

I'm guessing universe devastator would be the build team recolor? I like it. But its not my definitive devastator. That one is pretty cool though if plug kb toys green demolishor onto his backpack.

I'm not convinced to buy hercules. I have the money. But these are some really expensive voyagers.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I've always had somewhat of an interest in ROTF Devastator. The price for the big one never got low enough for me to want to buy it. And I only ever saw the Legends version once in-store.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I use to be like you but then I saw the light. Do I think they should be $97 each? No! Do I think it is enough to stop me from buying? I use to but not anymore. These things at their cheapest would sell for $80 and $20 should not make you miss this epicness.

The $97 may be expensive if you view it through the eyes iof an American consumer (where TF prices are the cheapest) If you compare this to prices that they pay in Europe then the gap becomes tiny.

I can't convince you to buy it but IF price is the only thing stopping you, get over it and get on board. This figure will do nothing but increase in price once it starts selling out. A garunteed future grail.

9. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love this explanation - so true!

10. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

The cravydevy.com parts on a G1 devy is definitely a compromise that Hercules won't have. It's hard to play with crazydevy cuz the G1 toy is pretty fragile and it's hard to pose. However, crazydevy.com does make a great display piece.

If you can afford the nearly $600 price of hercules, go with that. I already bought my crzydevy stuff a few months ago and I'm not willing to spend money on devastator again.

[​IMG]

11. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe there is someone (Maybe 5 people at the max) on the board who likes it and if I didn't include it, they would complain.
    xD

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Damned if you do, Damned if you don't eh? lol

13. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yep.... But it still does make me sad that people would even like that piece of shit.
    The thing is.... I really, REALLY REALLLLLLLLLY want Hercules but I feel 600 is way over my limit in what I would spend on a Transformer.
    My mom always says, "STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON TRANSFORMERS!" and if I told her I was getting a 600 dollar giant transformer, she would try to stop me...
    But one day, I know I will get the money to get him, if he is still around and still 600.... If he isn't.... and he is like over 1000.... Then I completely refuse to EVER get him.
    So I am considering getting G1 Devy along with the kit because its will be cheaper for sure!

14. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Actually if you consider the legends one to be the real ROTF one it's actually good. I also like the RID repaint. The individual constructicons fit better with classics but for Devastator I think CD is the best so far.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Brother let me offer you up some foresight. IF you can buy Hercules ($100 X 6 over a min of 8 months) buy it now. The second one of the 6 figures sells out the price will start to rise. Miss this boat and Hercules will become a dream that you could have lived but missed out on.

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I guess the legends one does count.... It is better then the giant piece of shit!
    But I doubt anyone would consider it better then any of the other Devastators we have unless you put it againist the giant piece of shit!
    I like that RID repaint too, its pretty nice looking... I would love to display him with Landfill.
    Lol, getting him is one of my goals in my collection.. =P

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    TFC Devs wins for me. I'm so excited for it to be completely released.

G1 Devastator is a turd. Don't get me wrong, it's a FUN turd and legendary and I'm looking forward to getting a nice new minty one with the Encore release, but it's cool to look at...and that's about it.

As for Crazy Devy, their stuff is overpriced for what they produce and I don't see the point in updating a G1 toy. I appreciate them, I love my G1s, but if I'm going to get an update I want a completely NEW update.

18. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Hercules hands down...he IS Devastator...i'm not sure its even debateable that there is a better looking Devy...the previous versions look like toys...Herc looks like a museum piece by comparison

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    y u no Maketoy Devy

that's my favorite one.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Wait, this is a competition?

Hercules is the definitive Classics devy. Why even put CD devy on the list? THat's just a G1.