TFC Hercules should come with 2 heads: 1 G1 and 1 the way it is.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 10, 2011.

?

Do you want Hercules to be boxed with 2 heads, one G1 styled and the other comic

1. Yes - Please!

156 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. Nah, he will be fine

34 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Alucard, my opinion is a bit more complex than what you have written, and I believe the rest of forum might benefit with this:

I GUARANTEE, EVERYONE will say yes to two heads PROVIDED there is no additional cost.

We like free stuff. Humans, like free stuff.

HOWEVER, if you tell everyone and make it clear that, hey, it MIGHT COST YOU MORE MONIES!, Then, I also guarantee that people will think twice, because no one likes to pay more. This fandom proves to be stringy, remember.

So, I offer that the polls would have been a better "data collection" or "our voices heard" in a more accurate way:

Option 1: Yes, I would like 2 heads if its free (no additional cost)
    Option 2: Yes, I would like 2 heads, even if it has to cost me 20$+ (just throwing a figure out there.)
    Option 3: Make an additional head, but if it cost more don't package it with the bots so I don't have to pay extra if it cost.
    Option 4: No, I won't like it, free or not.

I am sure I am missing some options, but I hope you see where I am going with this.

edit:; I see some already made this point. So yeah, just throwing my 2cent in.

New head? Sure. If it cost extra? Give me the option to not have to pay extra for that extra head. Customers want OPTIONs.

2. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    I don't necessarily need a completely new head if the added cost will be too great but If they can incorporate some kind of face swap feature ie like FP City Commander or Protector style to have the visor look and current non visor look this would increase the value of this set guaranteed.

If FP can do it at no extra cost I'm sure TFC can do it too.

3. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    Maybe the figure will use the same face swap gimmick as the Masterpiece Seekers.

4. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still voted yes but this pretty much summed up my disagreement with the thread and the thoughts here. I would prob buy another head if it looks ok but I think they did a great job with their finished head.

5. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    Mould-injection metal moulds cost "around" a grand usd

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is a GREAT idea! It's a common notion in a lot of high-end-toy lines where applicable (Hell I-gear already has a extra-head trend with their products), drop those extra pistols (unless they're super important for something we don't know about yet), and give us new noggins instead!

Yes please!

Edit, I see this was really for the COMBINER head we were asking.

I still say yes, and I still want individual head options as well!

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    this deserves a bump

8. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

yes please.

9. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Of course yes, no brainer there...but honestly, I love the current head...I don't need an extra, just a visor added to exsisting one...However, free stuff is cool too

10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I would absolutely love to see a more G1 looking head on this guy! Maybe even a clip on visor or something along those lines, but something that makes him look more like Devastator.

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    And if all else fails, you can use your skills to make this for the fandom. Still love those bruticus heads!

12. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Hercules DOES have a visor....maybe..

not sure if this already common knowledge, but Transformed pointed it out in another Herc thread and i thought i'd post it here...

he mentioned that in that art of TFC Herc (no doubt that its Herc) posted earlier this week, that the visor was in the pics...i didn't know what he was talking about because he clearly has two eyes...but if you look at the close up of the head, you can see that in front of the eyes, the visor is there!

soooooooooo cool!

so maybe, just maybe, Hercules will have one!..YAY!

13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Would I like an optional part for free? Who would say no?

I think a simple little clip/slide-on visor (and maybe mouth) would not be hard to make. Heck, you could probably Shapeways that easily.

What would also be cool is a drop-down visor, similar to MP Rodimus, but have it able to "click" into position a bit more solidly.

In the end, I like to think of Herc as practically being a CHUG figure; partially re-imagined versions of G1 - so there's always room for little differences. Also, I by no means dislike the current head, I just really like visors more.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't it is fair to ask TFC to include a second head a no cost to please a few fans.

15. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    i don't know man...$600 for this set...they can't throw us a bone?...for that kinda money, he'd better be perfect IMO

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    They already "threw us a bone". Look at how they handled Exgraver's plastic stress.

Also, its not 600$. Maybe you are getting it for such, but I am getting it for 510$ shipped after all 6.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumbs2:  Yes THIS!

19. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

That is not throwing us a bone. That was a defect that should have been fixed anyway and the only reason they did that was so they wouldn't lose sales on the other bots. Soon as it got out they were bad quality the people on the fence would have fallen over to the "hell no" side of the yard.

Now the chest piece might have always been planned, who knows but if they did that in response to the fans then kudos for that.

I'm all for 2 heads but imo it should be separate so if it does increase the price of the figure it is packed in the people that do not want it are not charged. If it's a freebie then hell yeah, put it in there but I do not have this expectation.

Can't please everyone though. One constant in any geekdom is someone somewhere will whine about something.

20. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

exactly. you nailed it.