TFA Wreck Gar Stress Marks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dmc2008, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After only a few transformations, there are some serious stress marks behind Wreck Gar's shoulders:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mentioned this in the Feedback thread a couple of months ago (creidt goes to Microclone for first bringin it up), but haven't gotten any responses or confirmations.

So... Is this happening to anyone else's Wreck Gar?
    If yes, then how can we fix this issue and assure that two years from now we don't all end up with loose, floppy-armed Wreck Gars?

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I haven't noticed any issues with the shoulders on mine, but I will say when you fold the wheels into the cab of the truck its tight to get the second wheel inside of there and that worries me a bit.

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I've noticed a bit of both. The stress is just barely there, but I try not to force the shoulders during the transformation, and he fits together with little problems. Definitely tight joints though. The second wheel is also a hard fold and I at first worried about breaking it, but they're just loose enough that I can pivot the tire to the point where it doesn't scrape.

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both issues on mine as well. I think it is an engineering issue rather than a quality conrol issue.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I've noticed both issues and it seems to be more of an engineering issue then anything to do with QC. I just try being very careful with mine. The shoulder stress is there, but shouldn't really be a problem if you don't try to force it when you transform it and, the wheel issue, seems to be easily avoidable if, again, you don't try to force it too hard. For whatever reason all his joints are really really tight (which seems to stem more from his overall design... he's really tightly compacted... then anything) and he just needs a little extra TLC when being fiddled with then your average Transformer figure.

6. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I sttick my toys in bot mode and then put them in the cabinet :( 

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn dude thats too bad. I will be sure to keep an eye out for that if I can ever find a Wreck-Gar. Thanks for the heads up :) 

8. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Mine has marks on both, thanks for the heads up. i will keep an eye on them.