TFA Waspinator Swarm upgrade designs

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Hyre, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is an older project I'm taking up again and I'd like some advice. Basically, the idea centers around TFA's official Waspy being a tad on the small side, from what we've seen of him and the official scale chart he should be closer to Leader Megatron's size. Then add the fact that he can still function even when he's in pieces, and I decided that the Deluxe would serve as Waspinator's core with various insects serving as his large form's limbs and whatnot. So far, I've come up with very vague plan for everything, and I'll be updating with more drawings in the near future, but here's a look at the head to start.

Update 10/09/11: Uploaded stinger sketch

Attached Files:

2. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The plan so far is thus:
    Head: crawling bug Skitterbrain, good for scouting. Parts schematic and transformation scheme nearly completed.
    Chest: nameless wasp. Vague transformation scheme, no parts schematic.
    Arms, shoulders, wings: Nameless praying mantis. Transformation scheme complete, no parts schematic.
    Legs: Needing advice on. Kind of planning these to be dragonflies that clip around the original legs. No plans yet.
    Stinger: mind controlling flower with larval bomb launcher, no name. General sketch done, detailed parts list forthcoming.

Updated Stinger description 9/19

3. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Interesting idea.

4. Godzilock Prime

Godzilock Prime Well-Known Member

Great idea man. I can't freaking wait to see this finished!:popcorn 

5. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Minor update to descriptions, specifically the stinger. It was going to just be a larval pod, but I've had ideas. Sketch should be coming soon, but feel free to make suggestions.

6. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Updated with Stinger sketch. Still not sure what to call it though. It's based off the giant Rafflesia flowers, the ones that smell like rotting meat, with tendrils hanging off the bottom that can ensnare characters and warp their minds, any ideas?

7. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

^Call it Dendro-91. Let's see who gets that reference. :) 

Anyways, I really like this idea. I once toyed around with the same idea, but for Bumblebee instead (one bumblebee, two dragonflies and a few other things). I'm primarily interested in the joints you will use to connect the pieces, but I'm very intrigued as to the end product. Also, you should know you are almost obliged to snap a size comparison with Blackarachnia when you finish. Just sayin'. ;) 

8. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My eventual wish is for this to actually gain the attentions of a 3rd party group. I enjoy designing these things, but I fear anything I make will be fragile as snowflakes. In summer. In hell. But the size, hopefully, will be around that of Leader Animated Megatron like in the Almanac(Which, granted, I stretch so that the toys I've chosen fit. Darn those Jet Twins).

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sketches of designs go in Fan Art, so here we are!