TFA Soundwave mod

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Solscud007, Aug 4, 2008.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The funny part is, he still looks really cartoony, maybe with the gold color on silver he would look even better,

2. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    You beheaded MLSW!? :eek: 

3. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

wow that is awesome.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Eh, it looks worse now with the light blue and silver.

I don't get how getting hit in the face with a shovel = long face?

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Man, the guitar is huge on him. TFA SW's gorilla arms give the illusion of the guitar being more proportional. At least he can hold it, though.

The reason I asked, is because I don't like the TFA SW toy (mostly because of the head and knees), but I love the gimmick of Laserbeak as a guitar. So if MP3 SW, the perfect Soundwave, could hold the guitar, it would be awesome.

As to the mod in this thread, seeing as how the head was one of my least favorite parts of TFA SW, I think it looks cool this way. Granted, the MP3 head is small, and it makes his chest look too big unless you're looking at it straight from the front, but it does look nice from that angle.

But, like Feralstorm said, I wouldnt wanna butcher MP3 SW just to put his head on a much less expensive toy.

6. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Well this was merely a quick head swap. I didnt permanantly sacrifice a ML SW. but if some of you cant have fun with your toys, then you need help haha.

I was just seeing if it would work. it does on some levels. I just dont like the design choice of TFA SW head to begin with. of all the incarnations of SW, even Cybertron SW, there is some resemblance of G1 SW. but TFA doesnt. And it just doenst look like SW.

Megs, OP and BB have similar stylings to their G1 counter parts. So that was just my thinking.