TF4 Questions: What did you not understand about AOE?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TopShot16, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From my understanding they were other Cybertronians that Lockdown had captured, possibly ones that had been to Earth in the past and scanned alt modes? Mabe even Prime-Level guys from the days of the Creators who also rebelled.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

"Age of Extinction" could mean anything!

-The dinosaurs going extinct at the beginning
    -Human race at the risk of Extinction from the KSI drones
    -Lockdown causing extinction
    -Bad humans trying to make.the transformers extinct on earth.

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was under the impression that Optimus needed to remove all the spent shells in his body and get some energy built up to get to a reformatting. That's why he was picking them out of his body in the barn. He can't reformat foreign material, just his body.

4. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lets see how deep down the rabbit hole we can go:

Some of these have already been asked, but I've been keeping a personal running list...

How is Optimus able to fly all of a sudden? (Lets's just get that one out of the way right now.) (And don't say his sudden re-knighthood allowed him to do that...that's too convenient a plot voucher and doesn't obviate a clearer explanation)
    - this has yet to make sense to anyone at all
    If in the course of scanning a new alt mode, the robot form is likewise restored to new, why don't the transformers just scan something new every time they incur battle damage?
    -he may still have had injuries that were hidden with the new form, and still needed the autobots to get him back to health (never shown btw) but not important to michael bay

If Shane Dyson is such an adrenaline junkie, drifting through tight quarters in an industrial warehouse and then launching out of an upper story window, why is he such an uncool wussy in the midst of warfare or trying to get pass KSI security?

- the bigger question is why was he even in the movie.. he added nothing to it to be honest.

If humans are now known to be hostile towards ALL Transformers, and Optimus has asked all Autobots to flee or go into hiding...why are Drift, Hound, and Crosshairs on Earth when we've never seen them before?
    - we never saw how many of the autobots came to earth besides the first movie. they all just appeared. same could be said of these guys

When Hound is down after running out of ammo and Cade's talking to him, doesn't Hound look really, really small? Disproportionately small?
    -camera angles bro!

Cade Yeager...can repair a transformer, but can't create a paint-rolling robot that doesn't explode?

Death by football? Really?? In Hong Kong (or was it Beijing?)???

-well the football was thrown (he said he played qb in highschool) and idk about you but i have never taken balls to the face of any sort...

Why did Tessa get denied financial aid? They ain't made a house payment in six months...if that doesn't show financial need, I don't know what does!

-Financial aid is very finicky. when i was broke i still couldnt get it. true story

If Earthformers can just disintegrate and reform, why are they so bad at evading punches or cannon blasts or Dinobot chomps? Why not just disintegrate before the moment of impact and reform some other place out of harm's way?
    -they are programed by humans we are acutally pretty inept at that in this movie so you can consider their transformations a bit slower than say something that had it naturally (transformers)

Where did the Dinobots a) come from, and b) where are they going? No inferences, please--the movie could have and should have given a solid explanation for them.

-
    If i read the movie right at the beginning. we see grimlock frozen. this can be assumed that kelsy grammer handed them over to lockdown for his collection. remember tftm? megatron was frozen and came back to life. earth could be banishment from the knights etc.

im done....

5. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

Clearly that's not an answer.. what exactly is he supposed to do? why is Lockdown there specifically? why just prime? aren't the others not doing what they are supposed to do as well? who are these creators? if they built the transformers why do they have life? did they give them life? why? if they were built for a job why give them life at all. Why kill all other transformers but capture prime.. why.

Again not good enough. How did he know Grimlock woulden't just murder him on the spot? or that beating him would let the others obey him? he has no clue who they are or what they do yet he just goes and releases them.. they could of attacked at once and tore him to shreds.

Asuming Galvatron is as powerful as Megatron, probably more so due to his molecular control or whatever. That group would not strike fear into him. Especially if he uses the clones again.

Glavatron has full control over these clones, no? since when can they only follow one command before they die? considering they can just re shape their molecules they should be close to invincible yet normal blasts from Hound seem to one shot them.

Query. If Megatron is Galvatorn why does he not try to kill Opitmus prime while he is clearly pre occupied. If Galvatorn is Megatron why does he not call the remaining decepticons to help him. How can Galvatron possibly be Megatron if his spark was extinguished.

The little robot? What he said doesn't make sense, both in Galvatrons actions (not killing prime) and in the fact Megatron was /is DEAD.

The Dinobots fighting was pretty poor really, you wait over 2 hours for the movies USP and you barely see them do anything and again with poor direction you can barely make out when they are actually on the screen. I give you the forest fight for visual effects.

6. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Lockdown is a bounty hunter...it's his job! Bay and co already said there will be questions unanswered because they want it for the sequels. This film is just getting the New trilogy started!

Optimus did say in cybertronian "the legend is true", which means he knows about them!

Galvatron is alone! His clones are dead.

Galvatron didn't command them to retreat, he ran away! So they just kept fighting.

When Optimus and Galvatron met, the humans said they still have some control over Galvatron, so that's why Galvatron left when Lockdown appeared. Galvatron might think the Decepticons are dead, so he doesn't bother. Plus, brains said Megatron wasn't as dead as everyone thought.... Plus something about chromosomes helped (I missed that part)

I liked the Dinobots action scenes. It's a good tease for TF5.