TF4 Questions: What did you not understand about AOE?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TopShot16, Jun 27, 2014.

1. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

What happens to Ratchet's spark? Lockdown tears it out of his chest and pulls it up into his arm.

Were the two creatures on the ship (the one that grabs Tessa's leg and the one that Hound blasts) a nod to any TF history/mythos?

Lockdown had the other Knights of Cybertron on the ship, right? Were they alive?

All those weapons on Lockdown's ship. Do you guys think any of them were "legendary" weapons - like the Forge of Solus Prime, Apex Armor, Phase Shifter, etc....?

3. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

these sound like excuses, not so much answers.

4. pdxtrojan

pdxtrojan Well-Known Member

Somewhat valid, but to totally lose his cool, especially for something like getting past KSI security, was too inconsistent with his otherwise calm demeanor.

5. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Dunno why you feel that way. If I didn't know something, I straight up said "I don't know." or "You'll need to ask the people who made the movie."

Feel free to answer his questions if you have better answers.

6. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

he wasn't that calm in the car either actually. I mean he got it done, but was still pretty much freaking out the whole time. I disagree with "otherwise calm demeanor" I don't think you can say that about any human in the movie except Welliver and Grammer who played the part of the calm cool bad guy. The humans running with bots all had their freakout moments and who could blame them

7. pdxtrojan

This.

Suspending some element of disbelief is necessary when watching these movies, but defying all logic shouldn't be. No one's overthinking it. They're logical questions bred by illogical elements in the movie. Appreciate the effort, though.

8. pdxtrojan

He was pretty calm facing his girlfriend's dad in the abandoned gas station. Had a quick answer for everything. I'm not saying he can't show fear in the midst of battle, but the degree to which he showed it was excessive and clearly intended for nothing more than comic relief.

9. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I did try to give an answer when one could be given.

Thank you for appreciating the effort- that did take a while.

Edit: Question- If you weren't looking for people to attempt to answer your questions to the best of their ability, what were you looking for?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  10. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

the gas station where nobody had a gun on him or there are any aliens around trying to hurt him, that's a bad example. I think you're making an unrealistic leap to say that because he's an adrenaline junkie that he should be mr cool whenever his life is in jeopardy. I don't agree that his freakout was excessive at all. In fact I can't believe the three main humans weren't freaking out more especially during the wire walk

11. sh3rvin

sh3rvin Active Member

When was the Allspark sent to earth from TF1?

When did the Fallen and Primes come to earth to create Energon from TF2?

When did Sentinel Prime and Megatron plan to use earth to restore Cybertron from TF3?

When did the "creators" terraform earth?

Do the timelines fit with each other?

12. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014 respectively. :p 

13. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

So, this plot (or plots) confused the hell out of me. The only thing I understood were that robots were shooting each other and blowing shit up.

-Why does Attinger want the Seed? Isn't its function to destroy life?

-Why does Galvatron want the Seed? To me it seemed he just wanted to aimlessly kill humans because he's an evil asshole.

-Why do the Creators want Optimus so bad but not any other Cybertronians?

-Do we know who cyberformed the earth in the Jurassic period and killed the dinosaurs, or why they did this? Was it implied that it was the Creators?

-If the transformers were built by the Creators and not born, this conflicts with the very first lines spoken in the first film, saying that the Allspark gave birth to the transformer race. Is the Allspark just a giant plothole now?

14. sleepyking

sleepyking Active Member

How does Prime suddenly have the ability to fly? (Am sure this has been asked 1000 times)

When Lockdown imprisons Prime, why couldn't he just say he collected the worst of the worst, the Dinobots; don't you remember Grimlock? Instead of Knights

Why does Lockdown bother using a net to capture prime, when he has a ship that can capture all the autobots AND Dinobots in one sweep?

Since when do Transformers run out of ammo? Are we to assume that they either build new ammo or use the same ones humans use?

Why are the Transformers' metal STILL penetrable by human ammo?

Why does Brains have a paragraph, but Grimlock couldn't get 5 words: Me Grimlock follows no one.

Why did Grimlock get so pissed after beeing punched in the face, but gives up after a backhand? He only got hit twice; that doesn't imply he couldn't give Prime at least a bit of an ass whooping.

When being sucked by Lockdowns ship, why didn't the Dinobots transform to try and grab something.

How was Strafe able to casually fly against the pull to save Slug, but Slug is a much heavier bot but was being sucked to the ship.

15. sleepyking

sleepyking Active Member

Also, are the Creators related to the Fallen, and thus the original Primes? If not, why did the flesh hand at the beginning resemble a flesh version of the Fallen's hand?

16. cadenheadr04

cadenheadr04 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This question makes me think you missed him screaming and grasping for air as he fell out the window. Have you ever been hit square in the center of the head by a football? It will knock you back if you're not expecting it. So it was a very believable scene to have him hit by the hardest part of the ball and disoriented enough for Cade to finish pushing him out the window. The death came from the hard contact with the ground 6 stories below. And yes, football in Hong Kong. Not unlikely. American football is played in other countries. Just like soccer and golf are played in America now.

17. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Attinger will give it to K.S.I, K.S.I is ruining out of Transforium to make the drones for Attinger, so they'll use the seed by blowing it up in the middle of the Mongolian desert (free from humans) and use the cybermatted land to extract the Transforium to build more Drones.

Galvatron wants to to the same thing K.S.I does but in a city to not only make a statement he's back but also to make sure he gets as much transforium/metal to make his army.

The Creators did that.

Optimus said in the first film they know not where the Allspark came from, hence the Creators made that, most likely used it to make the Cybertronians and program a false origin.

18. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I thought those reasons were pretty clear. Attinger wants to use the seed to get more Transformium to build new robots to make him rich. Galvatron wants it for the same reason, but he was going to build a new Decepticon army.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Why Optimus can fly in robot mode. Came out of nowhere, I was confused when he first did it it was so fast and sudden.

Actually it totally explains why the robots can move like they can. They'd be impossibly heavy and slow if they weren't made up of physics-defying metal like that.

Also, the "transition" state was likely something KSI figured out, since regular "transformium" is just like an ore. It's something KSI did to it.

What I was waiting for was for it's instability to come into play and explain why normal TFs don't transform like that, because it overwhelms the metal and causes it to blow up or something. Keeping it "simple" keeps it from failing. That's what I expected, but they didn't mention it. Maybe next movie?

No, Joshua wanted the seed,to get rich, Attinger wanted it to make more vehicons and make Earth an alien-free place.

But yeah, Galvatron wanting the seed was just because it's essentially a massive cyberforming bomb and not only kills all humans but gives him ore he could use to enhance his forces.

20. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

In The Jurassic Period clearly? did you even pay attention?
    in anything other than a bay film a creative intellegent explanation could be had BUT these are Bay films