TF4 Optimus At NYCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus423

Optimus423 Toys"R"Us & Target veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    However if Hasbro decides to start using metallic paint and chrome like this figure seems to have, they be onto something.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    That's the perplexing thing to me. I thought Generations would continue on its own next year, not incorporating the TF4 toys into it. On one hand this could be a good thing, as this may mean if retailers pick up a post-movie line after TF4 in 2015, non-movie Generations figures could continue as a part of that. On the other hand this may mean 1 central Transformers toyline for both movie and non-movie figures with preference towards movie figures.

3. rgeezzy

rgeezzy Well-Known Member

Granted I hate the movie figures, but wow > what an abomination !

4. rgeezzy

rgeezzy Well-Known Member

.... and that would be the all-time worst marketing decision in the History of Hasbro.... wait, scratch that... they've made a ton of equally bad decisions in recent yrs

5. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The back kibble is annoying but I like the head sculp and i like the body mode as well the alt mode is fantastic. Ill def be getting this guy just wish he didnt have that huge backpack.

6. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing says transformers like extra car parts to makeup the robot...I really, really hope this is not the leader class.

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    It's alright. I won't be getting any toys of previously appearing characters though, unless it's a character who didn't get a toy before, or it's much improved on what we've already had.

8. JackJJW

JackJJW Well-Known Member

That back kibble is a shocker.

9. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    man, what really twerks my cyrus about all this crap is that sadly a lot of us might succomb and buy this complete turd, and when that happens, a bunch of smug hasbro executives leaning over a graph of progress will nudge the graph down a little bit, and lean back with their cigars with a sleazy smile on their faces, and say, "well boys, we did it! bar's been dropped another notch!

just sizzles my circuits...

10. aptkane

aptkane PaxCybertron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no way that thing is worth 49.99. Unless there's a TON of shit we're not seeing or the entire figure is mis-transformed.

11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can forgive the massive backpack as long as it's a good enough representation of the movie design, and I like the overall appearance of it. Remember the TF1 leader Prime wasn't higher accurate ad the toy designer just had the preliminary designs to work from and it was only after seeing the movie that he said 'oh, that's how he transforms...', then we got the ROTF leader. I'm guessing that's why this one's all kibbly.

12. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Pass for now. Like the chrome though.

13. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    KIBBLE-LICIOUS!!!!!!!

seriously though the chrome is very nice.

14. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spoken like someone who clearly does not have children. You are looking at this like an adult fan of Transformers. Kids want to play with their toys not display them on a shelf. Hasbro has done their research, they test these toys with actual kids. So if Hasbro thinks more simple designs is what their key demographic want then that's what they should do.
    Every toy we grew up with be it G1, Beast Wars or even Armada were pretty simple, and we enjoyed them enough to continue to be interested in them years later. Do we want kids playing with their toys or Transforming them once and getting frustrated cause what they want to do is create action scenes.
    My four year old loves his rescue bots, he can creates these epic stories and acts them out with his figures, if he had to spend 3-10 minutes transforming them it would be such a break in his own narrative he's creating he would lose interest.

15. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    My first reaction was OMG! Outloud.

I like it. There are some things Im not to sure about. (Backpack wheels)

But I will gladly buy this.

16. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

Not really a fan of that backpack and some of the kibble, but generally it looks like it could be forgivable. This new design is intriguing, Optimus is looking much sleeker and a little meaner (Oh the possibilities of repaints!) If this is even slightly movie accurate, then I'm glad they ditched his awkward abs from DOTM.

Anywho, consider this one bought.

17. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Figures like DOTM voyager Optimus gave me a reminder that Transformers is primarily a children's toy brand, and all the while I'm keen for things that appeal to me as an adult fan, such as real-world alt modes and reasonably accurate decos, unless they're going to run every new Movie/Series as two parallel lines, one that's a kid friendly main line and then a collector orientated Alternators/Masterpiece style line, I'm happy for there to be some concessions made - as long as all the figures adhere to a similar style. It's when they they have a mixed look, such as DOTM Optimus vs DOTM Megatron that I start to get a bit irked...

18. pulidoa88

pulidoa88 Member

Ebay:
    I'ma have to agree with you as well. His Robot Mode looks a bit too blocky. He does have some slim areas, but a lot of blockness throughout his Robot Mode. DOTM Optimus Prime does look a step higher than this new figure we're getting.

My money says, they will probably remake him or so.

19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Massive waste of money unless you have to have all the primes ever made

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i'd be pretty comfortable saying that's a typo, there's NO WAY these won't have AGE of EXTINCTION plastered all over them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.