By Generation: TF4 Age of Extinction: Crosshairs - Neck Modification

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by me!!, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me!!

me!! hey it's me.

Now I’m going to do some heavy-ish modding to the figure while thinking on how to get those wheels into the back:

[​IMG]

So, for this next one I performed a neck modification that makes his head more proportionate to his body and gives a freer range of motion.

Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

So, for this one, I removed the head by pushing it backwards. Since it was in a ball joint (a sturdy one in fact), it felt like it wasn't going to break. After that, I took one of the extra unused joints from a Gundam KO kit and cut the back on the first rectangular area from Crosshair's head. I then used my special cutting nippers to carve away and make the joint fit since it's shape was almost fitting. After cutting the head, then I used Tamiya putty to fix the joint in place and super glue to that area to make it sturdy:

[​IMG]

I cut the Gundam joint's one peg to fit it to the crevice that I carved away from the head (sorry no photos on this here).

Here are some action poses:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, it doesn’t really affect transformation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s it for now, but soon I will make the back more "flushed" and sleek and has more curvature which will only involve cutting (I hope).

Until next time!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.