TF2 script first treatment thoughts.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Mar 20, 2008.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I thought it sounded great but doesnt sound feasible.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't like, well, any of it really.

Right now, both sides of the 'war' are far too scattered about the universe to feature any kind of grand battle on earth. Soundwave as a religious figure, for a race of robots without an actual religion, healing Megatron with 'sound' was just too out there. A lot of major names were used as throw away characters and the death of Starscream where he was crucified and gutted (iirc) was just totally unneeded.

I think in the second film it should feature the remaining autobots, working with the humans to track down any fellow bots that land on the planet while the Cons, being led by SS attempt to do the same. Soundwave should be one of Starscream's troops, but only on the surface on in reality is working towards a way to retrieve and revive Megatron.

And I agree the human soldiers and the parents should return in this film as the soldiers working with the Autobots was a great symbolism and the parents were just great comic relief. Though the hackers can gtfo.

And oh yea, don't expect anyone to be a Ferrari in this movie, I doubt they'd ever be able to swing that deal.

3. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

can someone pm me a link to the download also - would like to have a look and join in the discussion :) 

4. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

Yeah, don't mean to sound new but are we referring to the script from back in October or is there a "current" version out there?

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Someone link please

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, we're talking about the one back in October. Far as I know there hasn't been a new leak... though with the strike over we might get one... but than there's what Bay said... he'll tell you it's real when it's not real, but really really is real, but not the way you think... :lol 

Anyways, I was going to post a link (I don't think that's against the rules considering that we were told that it was 'official', but wouldn't actually be used... IE: a rejected treatment), but I seem to have deleted my copy of the treatment. Someone who has it should post a download for those that didn't get a chance to read it. It is at least worth a read.

7. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I liked it. Big time.

Who cares if Ironhide and Rachet don't get that much screen time? Big whoop.

8. BadJeff

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Oh I already read this and liked it alot somethings could be changed(like the combinding group hint I'm refering to the stunticons) but overall cool

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I don't know... if they don't use the Constructicons than I'd rather see the Combaticons (though they'd have to rename Brawl something else) as it would keep in with the genrally militaristic theme that the movie Decepticons seem to have overall.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    after reading it i could have sworn it was written by a fifteen year old...but it definiely had a LOOOOT of totally awesome stuff. I definitely liked the whole Hot Rod thing, and the character they gave to Magnus.
    for the most part it was a pretty cool premise, but the terrible writing made it sound ******ed at first glance. and i DEFINITELY think Soundwave as a "shaman" is a dumb idea, but i do think he should bring Megatron back to life fo' sho. But his alt mode should NOT be a "Focused Sound Laser", because that doesn't even make any sense.

EDIT: and yeah, there definitely wasn't enough Ironhide. he kicked far too much ass in the first one to be swept under the carpet. i think that he even deserves a two on one versus Rumble & Frenzy, whom he would pwn.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

This thing? Besides being 5 months old, I doubt it is even close to what we will see if real at all.

13. BadJeff

Agreed, but a good foundation to start from.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i second that agreement.

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, that's the thing. It's not really good enough on it's own to be used -and we've been told it won't-, but I kind of hope that Orci & Co. take the good that's in it and run with it and whatever else they were planning. Personally, I think it'll be interesting to see if this movie suffers from trilogy sequel syndrome as so many second movies in trilogies have.

16. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Here's hoping they stick to what Bay said and make each movie and story in itself but still connected to the others.

17. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Agreed.

*Waves fist at PotC2*

18. rabbid1

rabbid1 Well-Known Member

I really liked the treatment. I think it'd make a good film.

19. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

It was an interesting idea, but too much G1 fanwank (and there's enough of that around already). Ultra Magnus, Constructicons, Hot Rod - all characters who have been done to death. I don't mind them showing up in the films, just don't put them ALL in the same one, and make them the only real new characters...

Oh, and pick a better location than Vegas - we got the desert environment in the first movie, change it up a bit.

20. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I also think that there's no need to bring megatron back, instead of that crappy cliffhanger we got with the treatment, the best one could be watching Megatron awake by the allspark at the end of the movie.

As for the main villain, we can have starscream and soundwave or even shockwave into the mix.