TF2 script first treatment thoughts.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Mar 20, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    For anyone who has read it what do you think. I hate it to tell you the truth, I dont know why? The first movie felt like transformers, this one feels like alien battle all over again. Just like the first treatment of transformers 1. I hope the real writers rewrite it. From what i hear this script has been debunked.

2. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't a fan of it either. Although alot of people here went nuts over it.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I liked the ideas they had in it, but it's hard to tell how it would have translated to the big screen. Michael Bay said it wasn't going to be used yes. Personally, I'm hoping some of the concepts in it are used though.

4. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I do agrre with you there. I did like some of it. But most of it was to Alien Wars than Transformers. But im glad the real writers are back.

5. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I thought the treatment was pretty good. Not because it supposedly was a fan wank either. It had all the elements of a good STORY.

It had a simple, cohesive plot that held together. There was minimal use of weak plot devices. Each decision and change in direction was a necessary one. The characters were kept to a minimum on the human and TFs side. Sure there were a lot of TFs, but they were only background filler. I could see UM's "team" in that treatment getting like maybe one or 2 lines each. It didn't have much of Ironhide or Ratchet. Mainly focusing on OP, UM, HR, and maybe BB.

The human characters were nicely done too. They got rid of all the unnecessary fodder (Voight's government guy, the soldiers group, the hackers group, the mom and dad). It kept the guys to a minimum and played up their characters - Sam, his girl, the Sector 7 guy. That was a refreshing sigh of relief for this treatment. Of course, there were going to be other humans in the movie, but nothing so extreme as the hackers and the soldiers groups.

I really liked it. It had good reasons for the Decepticons to be feared again. It set up the 3rd sequel. It had a believable Megatron reincarnation. It had good action scenes - I think the Air Craft Carrier sea battle and the highway battle itself were enough to wow most people. The Decepticon invasion of Earth and the subsequent protection by the Autobots could be mammoth on the big screen.

6. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I would consider that a bad thing. Those two are good characters the audience is already familiar with and deserve more fleshing out.

7. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    They werent even mentioned, unless I missed it.

8. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I liked the treatment, it had some new thoughts on how the matrix works, and I liked the constructicon/UM battle, great way to introduce a bunch of new characters in one shot, and the battle in vegas was not actually so far fetched. Soundwave being a shaman type character is ok also, and it worked for me to reanimate Megatron in that manner, I'd be fine with the next movie just coming from that treatment. It could definitely be worse...

9. Lord Chumley

Lord Chumley Well-Known Member

could someone post a link please.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ironhide was amongst UM's team but no mention of big green.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. They weren't even mentioned. We don't need to go down G1's path of just sweeping older characters under the carpet once new ones are introduced. Ironhide kicked an immense amount of ass in the first movie and although Ratchet wasn't on screen that much, he too made an impression, especially during the combat scenes. As a viewer I certainly felt more for those 2 than I did towards Jazz.

Anyways the point is I hope they don't leave characters like Ironhide and Ratchet to just lurk in the background or forget about them completely, it'd be an utter waste and it just feels like the animated movie all over again, and that is something they DONT need to repeat.

Only problem was the Constructicons did nothing after that. They show up, combine and then get owned by Magnus. Thats it.

More stuff I didn't like : The Matrix, Soundwave healing Megatron via sound, Hot Rod, Prime getting smacked around AGAIN (by Soundwave this time).

I do admit there was a few cool ideas in it (Protoforms transforming and fighting in freefall being one of them and Magnus being involved another plus).

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I enjoyed it. For a treatment it was good and it has some good ideas.

The Good:
    • Hot Rod
    • The Constructicons Vs. Ultra Magnus
    • Starscream leading his own group of Decepticons
    • Soundwave being a shaman and a believable imaginative ressurection for Megatron (without a dark god or evil planet making him a purple psycho)
    • The use of a giant TF space ship :D 
    • Megatron owning Starscream
    • The massive protoform battles and the protoform Autobots landing and taking on alternate modes and than laying in wait for the Decepticons to invade the city

The Bad:
    • Very little to mention of Ironhide & Ratchet
    • Prime getting owned again (by Soundwave this time)
    • Bumblebee's lack of much to do besides drive Sam around
    • No mention of Barricade even though he should definently still be alive

All in all I'd say it was good for a treatment, but definently could use alot more work. Though, it has been said that this won't be used, but it's possible that the writers could take the good that's in this treatment, leave the bad and add their own twists to make a stunning movie. Personally, I get a really epic LotR battle for Helm's Deep feal out of this and it makes me kind of giddy as I've wanted to see something epic like that done with TFs for awhile. So, hopefully some of that will make it to the final script.

13. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I dont like the far away interaction with Mikela and Sam. I really hate how Mikela dies. She gets brought back to life but do you have to kill her in the first place? I like how mikelas guardia is hotrod. The biggest up is Hotrod is a ferrari.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Could you post a link for those that haven't looked at it yet? Thanks.

15. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Yes I can post a download to it. But am i allowed. I want to take precautions just incase.

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Send a PM instead.

17. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I loved most part of it, the TFs were depicted very well. The weak points are the lack of screen time for Barricade, Ratchet and Ironhide, Prime getting beated up again, and I hated Soundwave's role and Megatron's revival.

Also, it didn't focus much in the hunman characters, but please! you gotta have the military and the parents! Those characters were awesome, the soldiers (Duhammel and Tyrese) have lots of potential and we need to have human action heros!!! The parents were a great comic relief and they sure had a lot of chemistry.

18. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Could i please request a PM of this treatment too please. My curiosity has been highly peaked. Even if it's not the read deal i'd still like to read it.

19. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i liked the treatment, but the whole energy source under vegas thing was a little hard to believe, even in a movie where cars turn into guys and fight it out

20. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked the script but I don't like the idea of Megatron coming back, I would have wanted him in Stasis until the third movie when he was awoken by Unicron and became Galvatron :D