TF2:ROTF - Scout - Rollbar/Rolebar/Ruuhlbawr/Rowlbuhr (Delivery Truck)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Vangelus, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Truck Mode
    It's a 6-wheeled taurine machine!

[​IMG]

Another scout toy that sort of throws scale to the wind, he's carrying enough ginseng and herbal extracts to leave you far too threatened by his titanic titanium testicles to call him out for it.

[​IMG]

Transformation
    It's very simple. It's based on a fairly advanced flip-change style automorph.

[​IMG]

And it's -damn cool-. The entire back panel of the truck pivots to become his chestplate, while the front of the truck folds in on itself. Really glad to see an automorph this cool on a scout-sized toy.

Also, those big side panels have very tight slots that clip around the truck's side-mirrors, so it's an extremely solid transformation.

Robot Mode
    He'll kick your ass.

[​IMG]

This guy's headsculpt does look very Prime-esque. But it also looks like a terrifying robotic football player. His robot mode is really simple, and devoid of any real gimmicks or weaponry.

[​IMG]

...but to be perfectly honest, I don't mind. This guy also looks really powerful. The chestplate and backplates are a small hindrance to his arms, but it's really not a big deal.

Overall Thoughts
    If you were going to skip a scout, I would say this guy would be worth passing over. By no means do I think he's a bad toy, he's just kind of boring compared to the rest. However, if you're into simple, solid transforming robots, I'd say go for him.

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    So you bought all of them besides the boat?
    I bet you're just just trying to kill the discussion on these guys!

3. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's a shot of the good guys!

[​IMG]

4. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like how his back wheels are folded up in his legs. He looks like Optimus Prime's cousin or something.

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Robler looks better in these pics, but I'll have to wait until I see it in stores. It does seem like the most pass-worthy of the ones we've seen so far.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Robble Robble is truly a little piece of wonder.

7. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    RolandOrzabal here looks very GaoGaiGaresque to me in 'bot mode -- which is a good thing. The Automorph seems cool as all heck!

I love that Hasbro has no qualms saying, "HEY! THIS GUY TURNS INTO A RED BULL TRUCK. SO THERE."

Man, all 4 of these guys look quite nice. Looks like they'll all be getting purchased by me.

8. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Great video review, although I do have to ask:

If you say Sol is Optimus' cousin, why then--according to Sol's end video monologue--is his mother also Optimus'?

Me so confused.

10. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a dark, twisted tale that I don't believe the world is ready for. :( 

(it's "Saul")

11. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not especially great BUT hes quite charming and has a G1 simple 'barely moved kibble' look that i find i like.

after watching the video i see hes really nice to TF. colours are a bit bland but hes a fun pocket toy for sure.

12. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    unimpressed.

13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    very cool, can't wait for mine ;) 

14. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

SAUL PRIME:drunk :crazy: :lol :lolol 

Nice one Vangelus !!

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, I am far more impressed with him now I've seen your photos. I may well have to add him to my "to buy" list. Thank you, Mr Internet Personality!

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    These scout joints kick ass and Vangelus just proved they did with these reviews. I am buying Rollbar when he is released next year, I dig the Animated Prime-esque head sculpt, the automorph seems lovely, and FULL ARTICULATION FTW!

17. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm up too late and in a weird mood, so I shot a video-review-related for each of the scouts.

[​IMG]
    Arrogant Pride...

18. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Pretty nice for a basic size figure.

19. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    For more pictures, click on the big pic above

Prelude: And for the fourth time, many thanks to fellow TF-Fan LimeWire for loaning me this little guy here for this review.

Robot Mode: The first thing I thought upon seeing Rollbar's robot mode was: Cool, a Scout-class Optimus Prime. The head is pretty much a dead ringer for the Autobot leader, wouldn't you say? My second thought, though, was this: He's kinda boring, isn't he. Rollbar doesn't offer all that much in terms of colour variety. And though he is rather nicely detailed, most of the details are getting lost amidst the grey colours.

Rollbar is pretty posable, possibly the most posable of the first wave of ROTF Scouts. His arms are sligthly limited by his chest plate, but that's not a big thing. Rollbar is pretty much a shell-former. The largest part of the vehicle mode splits apart into the two big 'wings' on his back. The only actual car parts you see on the robot are the wheels in his stomach.

So all in all an average, slightly boring figure that would have greatly benefited from a more exciting and varied paint job.

Alternate Mode: Where the robot mode is just slightly boring, the vehicle mode is very, very boring. Rollbar transforms into a kind of delivery truck, which are by their very nature not the most exciting-looking vehicles. Pretty much a grey-and-blue box on wheels. The only piece of detailing worth mentioning is the front bumber, everything else is just painted on. Hmmm.... I really can't think of anything else to say about this vehicle mode. It's not bad, but incredibly boring.

Remarks: I kept Rollbar for last among the wave of the first four ROTF Scouts mostly because I had a hard time thinking of anything worth writing about him. It's not that he's a bad robot, far from it. But I don't think I've seen a robot that was so dragged down by a boring paint job as he is. He's nicely detailed in robot mode, but you really don't notice at first because of the colours. And the vehicle mode, really just the two wings of the robot mode, could have used both better paint and better detailing. So all in all Rollbar shows promise, but fails on the follow-through. It makes him a prime candidate for a nice custom repaint, though.

Rating: C+

Read the German version on Transformers-Universe.com or NTF-Archive.de

20. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

his chest doesn't interfere with his arms if you TF him correctly. :D  going from the package, you're supposed to fold those dark blue bits inward to make a windowchest.