TF2:ROTF - Scout - Knockout/ManCee (Motorcycle)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Vangelus, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I just finished watching your review of this figure! The video was great! Very entertaining, and full of laughs, I'm looking forward seeing the other ones when they finish loading! :D  As for the figure itself, for me, a green Autobot motorcycle is a must-own. Without a doubt, I'll be purchasing him upon his release! Thanks again! :) 

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome! mine just got to my state today, an early christmas present to....myself haha.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I can dig the wheels on the shoulder look.
    With the way they did it, they look like shoulder mounted jet/vital thrusters.
    I really like this little guy. I think he might be my personal favorite from the one's we've seen so far.

4. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

.................. WHAT DA HELL HAVE U BEEN SMOKIN ,VANGELUS ?!:sly: 

Any ways ,My opinion on the his question of the Leg-Plates This could join and become a Shield !!

5. Magnimus

Magnimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad that the wheels can fold back on ball joints unlike deluxe movie Arcee's wheels

6. Cyro

Cyro Well-Known Member

This motorcycle is awesome! I want to pick this up when it hits stores. Lol, nice video Vangelus!

7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    side by side photo with prowl please for scale comparison!

8. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    hey look, wolverine turns into his own motorcycle (am i a troll by making this kind of comment?)

9. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    don't ruin the figure with words plez

10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dude you're crazy...but I can "dig" that! Good review. I thought I'd pass on all the 2nd movie toys outside of Optimus, but all of these scouts look excellent. Thank you!

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm up too late and in a weird mood, so I shot a video-review-related for each of the scouts.

[​IMG]
    Newborn Courage...

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  13. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    For more pictures, klick on the imagemap above

Prelude: Many thanks to fellow TF-Fan LimeWire for loaning me this little guy here for this review. Oh, and you're going to find this sentence on top of a lot of my reviews these next few weeks, seeing as Limey sent me a whole bunch of stuff to review. Thanks again, buddy.

Robot Mode: Ah, so here we have the Marvel Crossover Transformer Wolverine and the robot version of everyone's feral mutant berzerker looks really... what? That isn't the Wolverine Transformer? But... but the head! Look at the head! It's Wolverine, can't you see that? That's Wolvie's mask, I'm sure of it. No? Well... okay. So he's Knock-Out, a Transformer from the new TF movie. But his head looks like Wolverine. A lot. Like, totally!

Second, I have no idea which way the wheel-halves on Knock Out's shoulders are supposed to point. They can point up, backwards, or to the sides, whichever tickles your fancy. Me, I think they look coolest when positioned sideways, so that's how I took most of the pictures. But the other variants are up there, too, if you're interested. Choose your own position.

Finally, the robot proper. Very posable? Check. Nicely sculpted? Check. Cannon for a right hand? Check. Incredibly cool Wolverine-looking head? Check. What else can I say? I especially like the way his chest is put together, where the halves of the motorcycle's front frame the central torso. Very nice. Oh, and just in case you're wondering, the second wheel is on his back, just so you know.

Sadly there is one medium-sized flaw in Knock Out's robot mode. His upper body is connected to the hip by a hinge at the back and a small latch in the middle. Sadly the latch doesn't really click into place, so there's really nothing holding the upper body properly in place and wilder poses are liable to make it fold backwards. Apart from that single flaw, though, Knockout is a very cool-looking, very posable, and very nicely sculpted robot. And his head looks like Wolverine, just so you know.

Alternate Mode: Wolverine... I mean Knock Out... transforms into a motorcycle. The vehicle looks very nice and there are no visible hints that there's a robot hidden inside. Knock Out's weapon becomes the rear exhaust and the large plates that hung off his legs in robot mode cover the sides, hiding all the robot bits quite well.

There is a bit of sculpting in the 'cockpit' area as well. Not much, but enough to make it look interesting. What also caught my eye was the nice sculpting on the wheels. You can actually see the transmission chain on the rear wheel. So all in all one of the better sculpting and detailing jobs I've seen in this size class. Making for a very pleasing vehicle mode. No complaints here.

Remarks: There is one big drawback to reviewing figures months before the relevant movie/series actually hits the screens: There isn't really much I can say about Knock Out as a character. If he appears in "Revenge of the Fallen" (which I wouldn't bet money on) I'll add details about his character later on. So here we can just talk about the toy.

Knock Out is pretty cool and not just because his head looks like Wolverine. He might just be the coolest-looking motorcycle-Transformer I've seen yet. He's posable, nicely detailed, the only real flaw is that thing with his hip. His vehicle mode is also very nice and serves well as a disguise for the robot. So all in all, a very nice figure. My second candidate for favourite ROTF-figure so far (the first being Dead End). Definitely worth a recommendation.

Rating: B+

14. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    He looks alright but I probably will pass on him. I would rather get the bi-plane for sure

15. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Vangelus (maybe someone else (probably Vangelus)) pointed out that the leg panels come off pretty easy but didn't appear to attach anywhere else. Well, I found a place. YOu can attach them into holes on his back above his tire. Here's a couple pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unfortunately, that's as far as the left side cowling folds down without leaving stress marks on the hinge. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to fix this.

16. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Got him yesterday. Really nice except the panel on his left leg keeps popping off. I like how he looks like Wolverine.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He is one of my faves (all my faves are scouts this time). He comes in a tie for second place behind Baron Ransack (whom no bot shall ever touch in coolness (well maybe Ejector)

18. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I just picked this up. Very nice transformation especially for a basic. I wish the waist clasp and ankles were stiffer, but great little guy nonetheless!

19. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say that unpegging his leg panels and pegging them onto the back assembly just above the tire was almost certainly something meant to be done - those tabs on the leg armor fit too neatly in those slots (and don't do anything else) for it to just be a coincidence. Great find! Now he has some stabilizers on his back to go with his wheel/hoverfans, and the legs are much easier to pose without the cowling halves getting in the way.

He is another scout that, to me, achieves tiny god status.

Tim
    "toy geek"

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I totally dig Knockout. I love the motorcycle mode, they did a great job hiding the robot bits! Robot mode is nice and articulated, the only downside are the darn leg panels. I may try attaching them where unicronsupreme suggested.

I bought Knockout for my girlfriend's nephew the same time I got mine...he really liked it as well, he made me transform it back and forth about 5,000 times :lol