TF universes

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Harbinger, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

just how big are they? i mean. i been reading about different levels of space civilisations and what types they are.

more on what i mean can be found here

so which type is which cybertronian race then for each universe? they all stuck single galaxies or running rampant universe wide?

**just expanding on what i mean. where the different series, where the cybertionians always stuck in the one Galaxy. or did they go to other galaxies?

Also i consider the power levels more of what are they capable of taking power form. as in do they have the power enough to travel all around a galaxy, or do they actually have enough to get across to teh next galaxy?**

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Man, heavy reading. But here goes:

G1 - the cartoon makes no real suggestion of where Cybertron is, but logically it's not all that far, probably a Type II. The Quintessons are probably also Type II.
    Comics - more definite, Cybertron's only at Alpha Centauri and I think out of system travel is very rare, so again, only Type II.

Beast Wars - Transwarp Technology heavily implies a Type IV, looking at the analogy with the Time Lords of Doctor Who on that page. By Beast Wars, Cybertronian technology had progressed enough to allow cross time travel, so intergalactic travel must also have been possible.
    By this implication, the Imperial Cybertronians of G2 are more than likely a Type III civilisation, if only for the existence of the Hub, which appears to consist of a massive amount of planets locked into one pattern.

I guess you could say the G1 Transformers and the Quintessons both were actually Type III Civilisations in the Golden Age, who lost a lot of their technology from the massive amounts of warfare. The IDW series seems to support this view - Megatron Origin shows off-planet mining facilities and evidence of a vast network of ships coming to and leaving from Cybertron. IDW's series in general takes a much wider scope than past TF fiction, showing a truly intergalactic struggle, though one that probably hasn't mastered leaving the galaxy yet.

RiD - very hard to call, although if you go by the Car Robots storyline, they're a Type V civilisation, capable not only of time travel but of piercing the barrier between dimensions (Fire Convoy traveled back in time to recover a weapon capable of bringing down Gigatron, lost on Earth which was destroyed in the present of that continuity, Gigatron himself gained his multiple forms from absorbing his parallel universe versions(?) Uncertain of the details because I'm not familiar with the Japanese original)

A-E-C - there's references to battles on other worlds in Armada, but travel between galaxies is rare and difficult (Alpha Q's solar system was only accessible from a wormhole near Cybertron, Gigalonia in Cybertron was again only accessed via a wormhole that rarely aligned - indeed Cybertron showed that travel between planets in the same galaxy was a major challenge requiring both Optimus and Vector Prime, so the odds are the Transformers could not have gone to another galaxy particularly easily in those series)

Generally, it seems that the Transformers as a race are some sort of late Type II civilization in most continuities. They generally seem to remain in our galaxy, without journeying beyond to other galaxies except on rare occasions. They probably could galaxy hop, since they have managed to move Planets on more than one occasion, or travel through time, but I don't think they have the power to do it effectively.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm probably one of few that do this, but, I count Armada, Energon, and Cybertron as different "universes". While they have their similarities, they are different in my opinion to not be counted together all at the same time :D .

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

All TF Universes save RID/CR have Unicron and the Minicons, so there must be some connection. :D 

5. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Where are the Minicons in Generation 1/Beast Saga?

6. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

They get shoehorned into (one alternate version of) G1 thanks to the club comics.

7. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

Thanks Sol Fury. I been trying to think it all out but as of late i have forgotten bits and pieces and wanted to pick some one elses knowlege about this. :) 

8. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Something else I've noticed - the TF Tech Specs rarely make mention to any sort of inter-galactic travel. Guys like Treadshot are referred to as traveling from one side of the galaxy to another, but never to traveling between galaxies. Think the only ones who mention that are guys like Countdown, who got too absurdly powerful late on anyway.

9. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

hmmmm. that might have something else to do with popular theory at the time too and what the writers know about it. that or all of G1 was Type 2. if that was the case and Unicron was in a different galaxy they wouldnt know he was on his way to theirs till afew million years later when the light of said galaxy finally vanished to optical sensor.

**note i been watching lexx series two recently. lightspeed theory poped into my head as the coolness of mantrid drones devouring a whole universe and watching as vast starscapes and galaxies vanished.

**note two. i also think i am over thinking a kids show. but meh.

10. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hehe, it's no big thing. I love getting into the science behind the series myself too. My latest theory has been working out the science / ideas behind spacebridges.

11. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

well i always got the impression the G1 space bridge was just a fancy version of a wormhole, or at the most outmost a sorta intra space cannon (shooting the occupants of the space bridge though another demension. when your not organic, the dangers would probably be abit less). on the other end of it you had to open the entrance to that space so they could come though and reconsitute yourselves. It would explain why only at perticualr times were they able to use the space bridge in G1. cos the portals otherwise would be facing away from each other.

those sorta questions really start kicking in for series like armada with standard teleport tech. is it based on old spacebridge tech or are they doing the destory the original and make a copy somewhere else sorta thing which has been debated by startrek fans.

just some of my ideas to help fuel your spacebridge theorys sol ;)