TF; Trilogy - The Fan Edit (Q&A)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Scorpio, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

I truly wonder just how many fans would actually modify the existing content, if given the chance, instead of outright removing it. Not to offend you, OP.

2. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the final battle should've been the best one, not the shortest (I'm not even sure what happened between Op and Megs could be considered a battle).

3. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to rain on Scorpio's parade, but my edit is closer to that description.

On that note, this edit was what inspired me to do my own - it sounds great so far and I hope you manage to finish it.

4. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I must admit this is a truly ambitious edit, I myself simply went through TFTM and DOTM removing the more cringe worthy comedic scenes (bumblebee pee, Sam's arrest, Dotm toilet scene and John Malkovitch 'wrestling bumblebee', i simply have him going down when lazerbeak attacks the office and cut him out of the rest) and called it a day!

As for ROTF I decided so little of that film was necessary that i instead cut out Megatron's resurrection and spliced them throughout DOTM!

After the prologue we go into Soundwave and Ravage retrieving the shard, we then resume DOTM with Carly and Sam introduced cutting back right after his interview to Megatron's resurrection underwater followed by Dylan's introduction and Autobots on the moon from here DOTM goes directly into megatron in africa which means the added footage adheres to the Decepticon, Sam, Autobot story structure!
    Furthermore i redubb Starscream's dialogue from "so sad to see you so wounded" to the ROTF "I was SO relieved to hear of your resurrection". The fact Starscream has the least human mouth makes this an easy substitution.
    Ultimately it gives the Decepticons more of a presence in the DOTM plot, thus making Sentinel's betrayal more surprising. I also cut all references to Egypt and saving the world twice out. the only real loss is the forest fight and the only discontinuity is soundwave and megaton's reformatting off screen but those aren't shown anyway and Megatron's dilapidation resulting from a Frankenstein experiment that brought him back "wrong" makes him more tragic than pathetic i find!

That was my easy fix, what you've got going here sounds far more in-depth and I'm very curious as to how it turns out! best of luck to you :) 

5. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    The movies will make even less sense than they already do by doing this. Since some of the backstory literally changes and characters disappear, are forgotten, etc.

6. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    uhuh. how the hell did;
    Optimus die in your edit?
    Did you just get rid of the forrest battle?
    Did the you get rid of th scene on the nemisis (which gave the film alot of context)?

Seriously people, y'all are choosing the wrong scenes to take out; you're supposed to be making the films more coherent but you're doing the opposite.