Tf toys that have disappointed you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kenny278, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Movie Payload. Cool and all, but that bar in his torso just sucks.

Alt. Prime. I've let a couple alts go, I wish I hadn't. Prime is not among those I wish I hadn't let go.

Movie Jazz. It's the arms. :( 

Movie Voyager Megatron. Man oh man was I disappointed in this guy. Leader Megs is a bit better, but was also disappointing.

Cybertron Thundercracker. I'm pretty easy to please, so once a handful of people started saying they really like him, I gave him a shot. Oops.

Cybertron Dirt Boss. Same as above. I wonder if some of these people say that they like certain toys very few people like just for sake of being different.

Cybertron Ransack and Wreckloose and Armorhide. Just not my cup of tea.

Cybertron Defense Scattorshot. Those guns are badass, but he's kinda boring otherwise.

I can't honestly put Cybertron Runamuck here, because while he IS an AWFUL toy... I knew EXACTLY what I was getting into, buying him. He's brought me a lot of joy, though... when he was new, I couldn't help but giggle at how bad he is.

2. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I was dissapointed with Ultimate Bumblebee and Masterpeice Megatron.

Bumblebee is very cheesey and his transform is very basic.

MP-05 looks good, but has about as much articulation as some G1's and is really flimsy and breakable.

3. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

I still dont understand how toys can dissappoint an adult Its also funny how topics about complaints are often the longest running.

4. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    The biggest disappointment I've had with a TF toy is Movie Deluxe Brawl.

I liked his robot mode. I liked the fact that he had an automorph feature. I liked the light piping. I liked the Wolverine-claws. I liked the missile.

But I truly detest the shoulders, though I've found ways of getting them to stay in a little better. The other thing I dislike about it is that the toy feels too light and brittle, plastic-wise. More like the cheap Chinese toys you can get in Chinatown shops than the other TFs I have.

And I am so glad I decided against buying Movie Starscream. He looks awful.

5. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

The same way they can impress an adult.

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    G1 does not dissapoint one :D 

7. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Hmmm, let me see...

-Cyb. Scattorshot. No knees? Balls! Articulation is a main draw for me!

-SWTF Grievous. Duh. Next time I have one too many Decepticons, or an Autobot breaks beyond me being able stand it, I'm givin' 'im to my little brother, who is a Star Wars nut.

-Energon Prime. No above knee swivels. Other than that, he's okay.

-Movie Jazz's arms. Though I can get some wikkid looking poses as is, but they could've been a tiny bit better. Above elbow swivels, for one.

...and I'm out. All the other figures I've bought have been brilliant.

8. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

As far as G1 goes a few. Here is Ihsan's list of the most disappointing G1 Toys:

1.) Ironhide/Rachet - These were just SOO sad compared to what you would expect from the cartoon. I mean, the guys have STICKERS for faces. Eh.
    They were also like just as tall as your average mini-car in robot mode. One would think looking at Ironhide in the show you would get something totally different...oh well, at least Rachet was a wuss.

2.) Megatron - Now I know many of you guys like this toy, and the truth of the matter is I like it too...but they , simply put, could have tried a little harder with the remolding of the Diaclone gun guy. They basically just slaped a new head on , gave him a few new accesories, and called him Megatron. I just think that Tykara/Hasbro could have done a little more to make us...the KIDS(at the time) actually buy the fact THIS WAS THE ONLY Original Megatron to ever be released. Yep...kids these days are lucky. They have 25 different versions of everyones favorite badguy to choose from. "Ohh , your Megatrons leg broke Mat? Well, lets get you a new one." "I dont want a new one dad, the new one will be the same POS I have now. The thing dont look like Megs anyway."

3.) Cyclonus/Hotrod - Okay I know I may be lynched for these, but lets take a serious look at this guys. First off we have Cyclonus. The Warrior. One of the greatest Decepticons who ever lived. What great toy do we get to represent all this evil goodness? A worthless, unarticulated block of crap in robot mode. I think Hasbro, at THAT point , and with the amount of cash they had comeing in ,really should have stepped up there game here. This WAS the Second-in-command here afterall. Whats with the Giant fists too? He looks like a cross between a metal rabbit and popeye. Now, as for Hotrod, its pretty much the same complaints that I had about Cyclonus...except worse. Sure, just like before, he looks great in vehicle mode. However, lets keep in mind what Hotrod's function is here fellas. This is a freakin Autobot KNIGHT were talking about. He has like 2 (or 4 if you count his feet...I dont) points of articulation. Now, in my opinion, he should have had a few more. They could have easily thrown a couple joints in at the knees. I mean WHEELIE had more articulation guys! Rediculous.

4.) ALL of the Throttlebots/Runamuck&Runabout - Yes, the rolling gimmick is cool ,but are those supposed to be arms? That sucks! Give them a SHOULDER JOINT YOU ANUS'...es......

5.) Ultra Magnus - Okay...same problem as before. No articulation in Big Robot mode. It was like playing with a big blue brick...that fired missles. And what is the deal with them just painting an Optimus? Thats Bo-dunk cheap.

There you have it folks! My 5 worst G1 toys. Now I know many of you are saying:"OOHHH wheres Galvatron?" My answer to that is:"Dude...Galvatron was cool. Compared to these other plastic monstrosities, Galvatron was Light-up heaven. So what his paint scheme was off? So what he didnt look EXACTLY like the Movie? He looked close enough. Besides...we now have the purple version too. So shut up. :) 

As far as the WORST TF toy period? There are only two options(which I consider equaly crappy):

1.) Beast Machines Cheetor(NOT the Night atack one): This figure made me want to hang myself. Eh. Its ugly, the paint chips off his cheetah face each time you transform him, and thats IF you can transform him.
    Horrible...horrible toy.

2.) Movie Starscream - Mega crappage.

Im out.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Heh, some of you guys seem to get disappointed a lot...

All i can think of that disappointed me were Titanium Soundwave and Rodimus Prime.

Floppy rubbish, back in the boxes they go, at least they look cool in there.

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Some of the Titaniums are too floppy (like WW Megatron), Most of the Movie line is pretty bad too with a few exceptions (like Big Daddy), and all of Animated for just the look of them alone.

11. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

Most of the 'disappointing' figures I simple dont buy or Im already aware of their flaws and know what to expect. The only real dispointments I've experienced were:

THS-01 Galaxy Convoy - poorly constructed, bad paint job, not nearly as good quaslity as Takara and the price tag suggested.
    MP-05 Megatron - Great display piece but no match for the quality of contruction, materials and design of MP-01 Convoy, biggest dispointment was the replace ment of diecast with some form of oxidising brass that tarnishes after a few months.

Other than that nothing really stands out, I've sold a lot of stuff in the past cos I've grow tired of it but not because I was expecting more of it.

Yours AK

12. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Unlike many members , I actually think Armada was cool. TidalWave was one of the coolest Decepticons to ever be released(IMO).

13. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Meh, I'm pretty happy with all of my purchases overall. If I had to pick one I would have to agree with those who cited Star Convoy. He really is just a brick, with very little work to transform him. But he still looks kewl on the shelf next to all my other Primes.:dunce 

14. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I dont know about no Star Convoy , but I'll tell you what a brick is: G2 Megatron

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, I owned the Megastorm (BWII) version of that mold and he's totally a brick. At least if you have the G2 version he talks though... :D  Still, yeah, that's another dissapointing figure right there.

16. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Dude..I hate that soundchip, or whatever in the G2 Megs. Yes I own him. I bought it at Target when it was FIRST released.

Anyway that soundchip is far from a recording of Frank Welker...

And a Green and PURPLE camo paint scheme? Pleeease. Its like hes trying to hide in a giant tub of "Mardi Grais" Ice Cream.

17. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Armada, I cleanly skipped that line.

But you know, i'm starting to get interested in some of them now....

18. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yeah dude. Notable figs include : Tidalwave, Prime, Starscream, and Megs.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I hated Armada but got some of the figs anyway. I find myself digging them up now and again.

I think there's a bug going around.

20. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Energon Grimlock and Swoop
    [​IMG]
    pictured: Mega Dinobot in all his glory. As you can see, the combined form was rock solid.

Rodimus Prime
    [​IMG]
    Pictured: Rodimus Prime not stoned. Have you ever seen this guy's face? He looks completely baked, ready to fight Decepticons for Energon munchies. When available online in 2003, Amazon did this on purpose.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-RODIMUS-PRIME-Generation-One/dp/B00018HVIU
    [​IMG]

e-Hobby Detritus
    [​IMG]
    Pictured: Hound dipped in tan and taupe.

So, e-Hobby released Sunstorm , Megaplex (Megatron), Anime Astrotrain, and the evil Minibots in this order. There was an unstoppable chain of awesome flowing, then here came the c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker. Dude.