TF Toy Collecting and Significant Others

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dex17113, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lucky man!

2. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

This is probably true.....

As since I originally posted this she went all strange on me, treated me like garbage, and had to get kicked to the curb. Apparently the MP Megs was more of a....'payment' for services rendered.

.....apparently I'm the 'ho'.....not sure how that happened. But Megs was totally worth it. :) 

Dex

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    ...WHO TOLD YOU THAT.

Speaking as a woman myself (I know, this thread wasn't aimed at us :p ) I would love to have a partner as interested in Transformers as I am. Unfortunately whenever I tell a guy I meet (as opposed to my friends) that I like Transformers they instantly assume I mean the Bayverse guys and tell me I probably only watch the films for Shia.

And so with that blatant sexual stereotyping, I then tell them I love G1 and TFA and that I won't be speaking to them again because they obviously think I'm thick or something. :D 

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah....I'd like to find a girl who shares similar interests too. But they're kinda hard to find unless I'm at a convention (which I hardly ever have time to go to these days)....

5. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    My wife's okay with it as long as I don't go overboard and it becomes financially detrimental. She doesn't really understand why I do it, though.

6. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I could never even date (let alone marry!) anyone who didn't support and partake in my hobbies. I really don't see the point being in a relationship where you don't have such important things in common. :inquisiti 

7. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I know the feeling. If you have nothing in common with the person you're with it's not gonna work. My last three relationships fell apart for that reason. I found it's necessary to keep my hobby to myself though as it hard to find girls around here who understand the hobby and that I'm the same person I was before they find out I collect little plastic robots. It has to be easier for a girl as most guys would totally dig their woman being into something like TFs.

8. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

We're all in the same boat....

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh... me and my girl will never EVER "have this in common", but we at least have a mutual enough respect for the fact that each other have different likes and interests that we make the effort to at least know ABOUT the hobbies the other person does. For me I'm glad that she at least asks "Which one is that", and stuff, and gives me opinions and photos I take and the like.

I could never EVER date a woman into TFs like me, because it'd be two broke people with a ton of TFs inside of their cardboard box home.

10. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    maybe i'm misunderstanding. having someone share the exact same interests as yourself is fine but not necessary to a healthy loving relationship. i don't expect my wife to be into collecting transformers or sneakers and she doesn't expect me to be into her hobbies. we ask about each others interests but it's not like i require her to know anything about transformers other than what she would be interested in on her own.

would you really need a partner that share your complete enthusiasm for collecting and conversely would you immediately take on all of their hobbies?

genuinely curious, not trying to be accusatory or offensive.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Really??

Because I dont really think support or partaking is that much of an issue.

As long as they dont interfere or put the hobby down is all I need....and all I would expect.

12. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    duuuuuude lol

I can see that pov definately, only my current gf knows about my hobby all others never knew and neither do some of my best friends. I can understand what you mean when I say I like transformers some people assume just the bay movies but I explain I like multiple versions of them.

13. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

last night upon receiving her manga shipment. i showed her my seekers on display. i'm missing skywarp. she bought me not only skywarp but also ghost starscream.

today, we went to walmart i asked her which one i should take, wreck-gar or perceptor. she went for my 5th wreck-gar.

all this knowing that i'm also waiting for other shipments from different online stores.

in the car, during a red light, i quickly transformed wreck-gar into bot mode then passed it to my wife after the light turn green. she immediately complained about the cheap plastic feeling on the toy. i explained to her this was a trend with the RTS line. she again told me how she loves binaltech toys.

right before i left the house, i forgot to kiss her for the day, i did and asked me why i'm leaving a little early for work. she asked who it was. i told her maybe my 2nd scourge. she then reminded me how much i spent already. she's right. i already spent a lot.

14. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    My girlfriend collects with me - she is not into the whole forums / keeping up with the latest news aspect of collecting, but more into the transforming / displaying / having fun part of the hobby.

She loves the Fansproject stuff which is a huge plus, makes it a lot easy to shell out the money for that when she is on board for it too.

15. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. I've been looking for a cute geek girl who shares at least one of my many geeky hobbies so we'd have common ground and something to do together. No luck so far. :(