Tf:tm 86

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I am wondering, if Hasbro will do anything special like release a new copy of the movie, since TF:TM will be in it's 30years in 2016. Like for example all the scenes that never made it to the film, like where did the Shuttle crashed, the battle that took place at the Ark, the deaths that were never shown in the film i.e: Huffer, Trailbreaker, Mirage etc etc. The apparent death of Shockwave. And all the other cut scenes.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    There's not much of a chance for new animation after the fact.

3. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thinking is if they were intent on some big bonus features like that, providing they were available, we'd have gotten them on the 20th anniversary release of 2006.

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Not a new animation, I am saying release the original film, but add the scenes that never made it to the film

5. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I would just really like them to release the Blu-Ray version over here.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You don't think adding the scenes that were never animated would require new animation?

7. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

You know that Cel Animation isn't done anymore right?

8. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's no hope that the scenes that were cut will ever be animated. I just want a US Blu Ray release.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think the nearest you'll get is the short cut piece of animation that comes after Astrotrain leaves Autobot City with the retreating Decepticons inside him. After he takes off the shot pans across and up to show the distant Autobots running to and stood around the fallen Optimus. It's barely two seconds long though. It was an extra on the 'Ultimate Edition' UK DVD release.

Here's a few screen grabs I just took from that Autobot City cut:

Astrotrain leaves as normal (you can see the ledges Megatron fell down on the left of the shot):

[​IMG]

The camera moves across and up:

[​IMG]

An Autobot runs in to join others already gathered around Optimus:

[​IMG]

I suppose you could also add in some bits from the early promo reel too if you really wanted to plug extra/alternate stuff into the movie:

1986 Transformers the movie promo reel - YouTube

10. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Does anybody know where the Shuttle ended crashing?

11. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I don't think it really mattered given the battle for Autobot City was by then underway. Yes it probably did some damage when it crashed, but everyone had more important things on their minds at the time.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm slightly irked that I give you some stills from a little-seen actual piece of footage deleted from the movie, exactly like you asked for, and you completely ignore that and go back to asking about where the shuttle crashed for which there isn't a deleted scene (nobody really knows, it wasn't important to the story). I think there might've been vague mention somewhere in the past that the shuttle was originally intended to land at the Autobot City spaceport as expected so as to get through security defences. But then it was also said the Decepticons were going to aim it at fuel stores or munitions dumps or the communications centre and bail out and let it crash and destroy one of those vital areas.

But I give you a definite bona fide part cut from the movie and there's no reaction to or recognition of it.

*hurrumph*

*goes to cry in some soup somewhere*

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

It's been so long, the studio that did the animation may not even be around anymore (they worked on it between 1984 / 1985), and it's 2014 now. Now a Blu Ray release, or maybe a CGI studio working with the storyboards / audio tracks/ surviving voice actors/ character models/ sound alikes could concievably do it, but the Big Studios need a couple years. ( I know, odds are there would be something on YouTube from Dr Smoov based on the 1986 movie)

Point is, they'll probably do a Blu Ray release, maybe a New Galvatron figure or a new Cyclonus or Rodimus (the Cloud version, maybe) but don't expect reintegrated scenes/ plot points

14. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I really just want the movie on Blu-ray with a really gorgeous new transfer.

Realistically, what are the chances that that could happen?

15. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Same here. But I don't know if they are even going to bother. If it was up to someone else like Shout Factory or something I'd say we had a pretty good chance... but sadly it's up to Sony. And I'm not going to hold my breath... :( 

16. Quirriff

I have the Special Edition DVD and I think it's absolutely hideous, because I've since bought Madman's Blu-ray version.

Compared to the blu-ray the DVD image looks like it's slightly curved with small black borders in the frame itself, and certain background images look fuzzy.

If you can't get Transformers the movie in Blu-ray in America Just order it From Australia then, It's not region locked.

17. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I hope it gets transferred to blue ray with crisper animation, also

18. Jetstorm

That does sound a lot better than the DVD (which I have and have watched MANY times :p  ) but I looked around and it's pretty expensive. I'll put it in the "maybe" pile lol

19. Quirriff

20. Jetstorm

Ahh, yeah I was looking at US sellers. If I could find it that cheap in the States I'd definitely bite.