TF The Last Knight on Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by gabumon, Jun 28, 2018.

1. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is new but this week TLK was added to the “Included With Prime” movies - so you can watch it with out paying ... more specifically to watch it.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    They'd have to pay me to watch it again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It might have been better if they let Mystery Science Theater 3000 have the film. Crow and Tom Servo might the only two robots that could make the movie entertaining.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got around to watching it for the first time, since it went up on Prime.

It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting, but it certainly isn’t a good movie. It’s watchable. Barely.

My wife & I watched it over the course of two nights. An hour & a half into the first night, we just had to take care of our kids & put them to bed & all that, so it seemed like a good place to pause. The second night- man, we only had one hour left to go, but it was a long, long hour.

It felt like there were 4 different movies going on, which I guess makes sense since there were 4 different writers, and there were so many things setup that went nowhere.

I think the biggest crime was the London chase scene between Bumblebee & Barricade. Since part 1, I’ve wanted these two to have a longer chase scene together & we finally got it in TLK & somehow it’s.... less exciting?? How did they manage that?!

And that’s a problem that persists all throughout. It’s boring. Despite literal end-of-the-world stakes & imagery, it all feels rather ho-hum as we wait for Prime & the Bots to eventually save the day. Except do they?

Everyone was worried about Cybertron coming to Earth & Quintessa destroying Earth & Unicron waking up. And by the end of the movie, Cybertron is still snuggling up to Earth with massive chunks of it raining down, and Quintessa and Megatron are still on the loose, and Unicron is still rising. What exactly did this movie resolve??? I guess humans don’t hate Transformers anymore? But why wouldn’t they? The planet & moon have literally been raked by Cybertron & you know that had to have caused some serious deaths in the thousands or millions.

But we never see it. Strangely, the movie never shows humans or their cities in peril. Cybertron was kind enough to drag through the oceans or tranquil Dover hillsides. No humans were harmed during the making of this movie.

I wonder if it’s a response to the carnage seen in DOTM. The human slaughter really made that movie feel heavy & hopeless. Guessing they didn’t want a repeat of that.

The whole secret history of the Bots helping out every last prominent human in history & fighting in every major war in history throws so many plot holes into everything. How have they been that active & that visible, to the point that someone has been commissioning paintings of the Bots standing alongside George Washington & others, but yet the modern day government doesn’t know anything beyond NBE-1 at the start of part 1?

We got lots of knights in this one, but I guess the Dinobots, also knights, decided to sit the final battle out.

I get that Cogman was supposed to be funny. I didn’t think he was. Except when Bumblebee flicked him off the sub.

Just so, so much that was boring &/or stupid in this movie.

I did, however, like Anthony Hopkins in this. Even his long ass, 13 minute info dump. He’s just cool.
    I thought the scene with Cade and the baby dinobots was adorable.
    Enjoyed the fight between B.B. & Prime. It went on a lot longer than I thought it would. Based on reviews, I thought it was gonna be 20 seconds & done.
    The visuals were also great. Some really great imagery in here, it’s just a shame it was wasted on a complete mess of a movie.

Laughed my ass off when Cade finally said “bro” at the end of the movie. After watching Andre’s & Lindsay’s review for both AOE & TLK, we were wondering if he really said “bro” that much. Kinda let down when he didn’t, but saving that “bro” for the very end was great. We were cheering. And the bud lite made a return!!!

Overall, most of the TF movies have been stupid fun. TLK was just stupid & pretty boring at times. And at 2 1/2 hours, I know it’s going to be a long time before I bother rewatching it.

5/10. Below average.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Transformers. On Amazon Prime. I love this so much lol.

• Like Like x 2