Tf Safari

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Galvacron 3, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

I appolgize in advance if this isn't the right place but I don't know where else it would fit. I waited too long on Super Megatron when he was in stock on Pulse and he's sold out again. I saw on TF Safari he's on there but I've never dealt with them before and what I want to know if how their expatiated shipping is. How long is it normally to receive your item and has anyone here been dinged for customs duty?

I ask because I want to order two Super Megatrons and Star Convoys (one for display, other for collecting)

Again I apologize if this is the wrong section.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Usually takes a couple of weeks with the fast shipping. No idea about the free shipping or custom duties. Reliable site.

3. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Shop there a lot. They’re good and reliable. I only choose fast option nowadays. Delivery time speed is more dependent on USPS. Getting here is not the issue as opposed to clearing customs and USPS delivering in a timely manner. Before the holiday crunch, I was getting packages from them in 1.5 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you go with them, I would 2nd or 3rd on the expedited shipping, mostly because you mentioned keeping a 2nd one for collecting purposes. I've found the bigger the box, the most likely it will be damaged, especially if it sits in the mail for awhile.

Otherwise, I just bought some items from him via free no cost shipping and were all delivered within 3 weeks, with it being shipped on 12/22 and arriving on 1/12.

5. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

My last order with them was standard shipping and it took 2 months. They are a reliable site though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Echoing what ever one else said. Buy from them all the time. Most of my issues are packages sitting in customs forever, but that isn't something that TFSafari can do anything about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    they got me a wei jiang Blackout to my doorstep in 6 days in june. Insane

8. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    They're definitely reliable, but I don't know about the fast shipping. I ordered DX9'S Dragstrip with it and it shipped in December 21st via YunExpress. Tracking hasn't updated since the 31st, and I'm still waiting. Ordered APC's Optimus later with free shipping. It also went YunExpress, on the 28th, and it arrived yesterday.

9. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I ordered an add-on kit with free shipping and it only took 6 days. I was blown away.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Galvacron 3

Thanks for all the replies. I was just unsure about them as I usually like to stick to the US when buying figures to avoid things getting held up in customs but on this I guess it can't be avoided, just gonna have to roll the dice and hope for the best I guess. Hopefully I won't be dinged for customs duty but oh well if so. That's the price I pay for collecting I guess lol

Thanks again everyone :) 

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The free shipping will be slow. Probably awful, honestly. If you pay for the faster shipping, you'll get it. When I buy upgrade kits, it's like $3-4.00 extra to have 'em sent fast. I get 'em in 7-9 days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you are in America why are you paying customs duty ?

Toys have a very high limit to get stung by it so long as you buy items in amounts less than $100 you should be fine shouldn't you ?

13. Galvacron 3

I wasn't aware of that. I don't usually deal with importing, I try to keep within the States so I get my figures in a timely fashion but I waited to long when Super Megatrons was back in stock on Pulse so TF Safari is my best bet at a somewhat decent price and being able to nab Star Convoy to pair him with is just a bonus.

14. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I've never had to pay extra customs fees before.

15. Stranger2306

Stranger2306 Well-Known Member

I don't know how but I ordered something from them 2 weeks ago - it was shipped on Dec 31st and it arrived today. Free shipping option even!

16. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I'm in NY and it takes about 1.5 - 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stranger2306

Stranger2306 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how good TFSafari is at checking email? I mistakenly ordered the wrong Soundwave last night (ahhh, there are so many of them!). I sent an email to tell them what happened. But they ship pretty fast and am worried it will be too late for them to switch products (the 2 soundwaves cost the same).

18. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I sent them an issue about a shipping issue. Took like two and a half days for them to get back to me, but they were good when they did reply. They said they'd check with their shipping partner, and I don't know if it was something they did or not but after the tracking had mysteriously stopped (after clearing customs) for almost three weeks it started moving again shortly after they replied.

• Like Like x 1
  19. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I would rank TFSafari #2 in terms of customer service right under showZ, but #1 in terms of free shipping that actually arrives sooner.

Pricing is about 10% higher and it takes them a bit longer to respond to emails, but they are still my preferred provider of upgrade kits and they seem to keep stock of 3P and 4P a bit longer than other places.

Very reliable site, highly recommended. Also check their coupons section for nice discounts!

20. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

In their defense, they are shipping from China. I had a lot of packages that I sent in the US to a few states over that took over a month to get there. December 2020 wasn't a good time for anything shipping related.

• Like Like x 2