TF: RotB Mirage Close-up Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jru42287, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Heriatan

Heriatan Well-Known Member

Oh no, there are so many people saying that "Is a Porsche, must be Jazz, not Mirage, because Jazz is a Porsche, why they ruin everything change the altmode?", and those people are G1lovers.
    And not, it is not odd decision make one character with altmode similar to other. Sideswipe, Breakdown, Sunstreaker, Clamp down, Red alert, Deep cover, Sky hyper, Laster, Cordon, Spin out and G2 Optimus are all Lambors, and is perfectly fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

Man I can't wait to see jazz's robot mode

• Like Like x 2
  3. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

This entire thread is just bad comedy! Hahaha!!! Hasbro clearly dosen't give a rat's ass!!! If Hasbro put a big red truck with a white stripe, and grey trailer in the movie, and called it Ultra Magnus, then had an all white auto transport truck in the movie and called it Optimus Prime...these same people would still try to justify it. Bahahaha!!!! Hasbro knows it's intellectual property very well, and definitely knows that Jazz's vehicle mode is just as recognizable, and every bit as iconic as Superman's blue & red, spandex & cape. Hasbro is clearly intinchaly spiting live action movie fans, just thinks they are stupid, or don't know anything about, or don't have any respect for Transformers history. Either way they are clearly being disrespectful to Jazz fans. Hahaha like I said, this entire situation is completely ridiculous! Let's just completely due away with the Transformers name and call them Transfrogys, Tadpoles in Descise!!! NEW! NEW! NEW! EVERYTHING IN TRANSFORMERS MUST BE ALL NEW ALL THE TIME!!!!!! TRANSFORMERS HAS NO ESTABLISHED HISTORY!!! AND TRANSFORMERS MOVIE FANS HAVE ADD!!! LET'S JUST KEEP MAKING EVERYTHING NEW, AND TURN TRANSFORMERS INTO WHATEVER WE FEEL LIKE THIS YEAR! OPTIMUS DUCK?! Of course who even gives a fuck!!! 1984 SAY WHAT????!!! LIKE WHAT IS THAT???!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You ok dude?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I like this alternate mode. Really beautiful car.

6. 3P Desperation

3P Desperation Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Tbh, while I\'m a bit of a geewuner, this vehicle mode is cool, and it could work. But I wish they had chosen a different color scheme. Perhaps blue with a white stripe?

• Like Like x 1
  7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    No, it'll probably look like Mirage's head on Jazz's body. Which is equally weird.

8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, I really don't understand why this isn't Jazz. Between the vehicle type, the stripe and the deco, this looks like a really nice combo homage to both Jazz's G1 and Bayverse alt modes. Does anyone at Hasbro really not see it?

I'm pretty convinced that's what someone originally actually designed him as, and then someone higher up at Paramount, in their typical non-wisdom, looked up a List of Transformers We Haven't Killed Off Yet, and slapped the first name they saw on it. (this really does seem to me like the kind of stuff they used to do on the old Bayverse movies.)

I guess the Paramount dinos are back. And I'm starting to feel a bit less interested in the next movie.
    And there's still a while to go.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dingus343

Dingus343 Member

my bet is that it’s just a set code name to throw people off and that it is Jazz. I think that happened for the first one where they deliberately used different names in the script in case it was stolen. Could be completely wrong, but that’s my bet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wayne EHP

Wayne EHP Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've put one of my cars in a few shows and they usually don't want White, Red or Black unless its a main car. So I get the changing of the color from white and blue to silver and blue.

I also think we put way more thought into this than the writers. They probably have a list of names they can use along with the ones they have to use. And this is what we get. Look at Sideswipe was a Corvette should have been named Tracks but acted really like neither of those characters but with no knowledge of characters and just actions and a name. Sideswipe fit.

Fan films and fan fiction always tend to be better then what we get commercially. Because it makes since in the longer deeper story. This not what they are producing and thats not who are producing it.

11. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    I seriously hope that is the case. But they they've promised to do things that would annoy fans in the past, and ended up doing just that. (if Travis Knight was making the movie, I would have been more inclined to agree with you. But I don't really know how clued up on TF stuff the new guy really is, or how much of a say he has, with the likes of Bonaventura hanging over his shoulders (never a good thing), though).

12. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    Mirage was included in the tweets with Arcee Scourge and Nightbird.

Unless it's that way specifically for Mirage, it's not a code name.

13. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    We get good stories in other movie franchises.

Dear Hasbro and Paramount,

Movies sell products.

But movies also tell stories.

If people don't like your stories anymore.

They stop watching your movies.

And movies that people aren't watching.

Aren't selling products.

Is that simple enough for you guys?

• Like Like x 3
  14. James Sutterlin

James Sutterlin Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I hope this guy takes a page out of Travis Knights book and not Bays. Bay had a boner fro all Chrome and Steel vehicles. Not only that they were a hot mess compared to Travis\'s work which we all know was superb. That\'s no disrespect towards Bay, he paved the way. . Blitzwing is the only one I can think of that was off target (But maybe he gets frankenstiened later. That\'s my hope anyway). 

15. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Even then, we still got to see Starscream properly on Cybertron. Honestly, G1 Blitzwing has the basic build of a Seeker, even if the structure is different. It's close enough that Takra thought they could get way with making the T30 version into Starscream as a repaint. Knight's Blitzy just needed some extra purple to really get the motif across.

16. BeeTwo

BeeTwo Bzzz Bzzz i'm a bee

Like this?
    Screenshot_20210803-115828.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
  18. Heriatan

Heriatan Well-Known Member

So if you really are not part of the group that I am directing my comment to, I do not understand what the point of what you are saying is, sorry, maybe it is out of my reach. In any case, I see a silver or gray Porsche, not white, so I really don't think it would be unquestionably Jazz. Thank you for your coment, in any case.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tbx76

tbx76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a wasted opportunity. It's an old school Porsche... It's Jazz. Its such an easy win for this movie to call it Jazz, yet they are finding a way to screw this up.

For those that say it doesn't matter, how would you feel if we named the microscope bot, Starscream?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    Well that's different, cause Mirage is still a fast car, just not his car and more Nightbeat's car.

It would be a closer example if it was Starscream as an MiG-29 and someone else like Slipstream as an F-15.

In which case I still say it doesn't matter as long as the writing is good and the bot mode looks more like a new take on Starscream than a not-Starscream design.