TF RID:CF Season 3: EP. 25. "Enemy of My Enemy" Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SeanTF1967, Sep 25, 2017.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really liking the designs of "Cyclonus" and the femmebots, but really strange they would only bring them in for 2 episodes and wrap things up this fast. Then again, sadly they did the same before - Megatronus, Glowstrike, Starscream, Soundwave all resolved in 1-2 episodes.

I see Ratchet dropped a McCoy joke there... .D "I am a medic, not an inventor!" :D  Well better than the "I needed that!" jokes from Prime.
    And was that basically a Goldbug cameo? Bee certainly looks golden with the camoflage.
    LOL, Steeljaw's face when he says he did not see Sideswipe doing a "little paint touch-up" shows he has seen things he cannot forget, no matter how hard he tries. :D 
    Those big tanks at the end... kinda remind me of Trypticon's moving battle station form.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/image-jpg.27840542/ - isn't that Tailgate? But isn't he dead? Ex-partner of Arcee in Prime, as I recall.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, Seaspray is dead, but he's also there. And Prime himself was supposed to be dead before his return from the Realm of Primes. Cyclonus simply makes sure none of the war heroes get any credit, whatever they did and whatever their status is.

• Like Like x 4
  3. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, the I needed that was in the episode too. Remember when Optimus dropped the data pad in shock? ;) 

But in all seriousness, I did think the McCoy joke and a half (Bulkhead interrupting makes the second time a half attempt in my book) was a bit forced.

I did think the show writers were trying to say something when the explosion cut off Optimus' catchphrase. "Autobots, roll--" *BLAMMM!!!* (that made me chuckle)

jD001

• Like Like x 2
  4. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

• Like Like x 1
  5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously, I could listen to Steeljaw talk like in this episode all day. Troy Baker can be so amazingly smarmy it's irresistable! :D 

And I only just skimmed through the episode, hence I did not see the "I needed that!" at the end... I was at work. I will watch it now from home.
    Must say, love Cyberwarp's design too, and the others. I hope we see them transform. And did Cyclonus just remove his bunny ears and pretend he is an Autobot?
    Love the whole Orvellian look Cybertron has now, with the faceless law enforcers and giant display screens hammering the will of the council into the people.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is definitely a temporary fake Autobot body they're using, Cyclonus's is edited from Chop Shop and the two girls are windblade edits, and none of them match their toy designs, I'd bet that in the next episode we will see them show their real Decepticon bodies.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Great point maybe the bodies are Autobot decoys.

• Like Like x 3
  8. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright, I'm a little salty that we got to see Smokescreen in his G1 colors at a point where there is no way he's getting a toy like that from his Prime mold (or an RID:2015 new mold). Other than that, looks like a nice finale for the show, and Aligned as a whole? Do we have confirmation that the Cyberverse series is it's own continuity family?

• Like Like x 2
  9. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Technically we have Rescue Bots Academy so the Aligned continuity is still gonna be around but not in the way we are used to. And Cyberverse seems like it's gonna be it's own thing. So basically yes the Aligned continuity is still gonna be going but only for RBA. And Cyberverse is a start(?) of a new continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Feels pretty cheap that the populace was all brainwashed via a device or something, as opposed to legit cultural brainwashing. That would've been way more interesting especially since a Decepticon is in control of Cybertron and the Council. I'm sure at the end they'll destroy whatever brain control thing is going on and the populace will hail them as heroes.

Also, as has happened in every other "arc" of the series, there's a ton of little build up and just an episode or two for pay off. I can barely call them arcs because they're not really competent storylines. Sprinkling little scenes with the villains in each episode doesn't really add up to a good arc especially since they're usually defeated in an episode or two. Soundwave was the worst offender, but them doing it again for the series finale is emblematic of how the show never had anything close to good story telling if you ask me.

Anyway, despite my love for Ratchet it feels like he's really one note, just here to make McCoy and "I needed that" jokes. The other returning Autobots are just as unremarkable. The big scene with the cards was pretty shocking and also annoying since it feels like they said "fine here's your fan service" and dumped it on us in such a small size we may never identify all of them. Eh.

The back and forth on Steeljaw was good, though. Bee didn't do anything I wouldn't with him.

• Like Like x 7
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Actually I think it's possible that there a few Autobots/Cybertronians that Cyclonus and his council didn't need to use mind control on them since they've proven to be loyal to them without question. Like how in Beast Wars Megatron didn't have to use much manipulation in order to have Quickstrike come at his side. So I wouldn't put it past me if the council only used mind control on those that do question their choices and can possibly foil their plans.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

That does appear to be the case as they're also using propaganda which wouldn't be necessary if everyone was mind controlled.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shodi

Shodi Member

I think the "propaganda" is the brainwashing message which has a kind of virus like mindcontrol component built into it. It's very short and unconvincing without the brainwash component.

• Like Like x 3
  14. AirjitzuRonin

True

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

Apparently it didn't occur to the Bee team that their Earth alt modes would stand out on Cybertron.

• Like Like x 3
  16. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

No,Bumblebee goes in camo mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AirjitzuRonin

I don't need to review this episode

1M Out of 10!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

@SeanTF1967 @Wikipeople Brooke Goldner is Cyberwarp's VA.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Indeed. We found that out from Therese Trujillo’s tweet to the voice actors/actresses of the show. So Brooke Goldner voiced Cyberwarp and Harry Lennix voiced Cyclonus.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Ok.

• Like Like x 1