TF:Prime vs. past TF shows

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Scorpion, Nov 3, 2012.

1. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoy a lot of the Characters in Prime, it's a testament to the writers ability to make me care that I get so mad when they die (Breakdown, Dreadwing) I also really like Bulkhead, Arcee, Starscream, and Megatron. I don't know that I'm watching the show so much for the overall plot as I am watching these guys do what they do. I kind of didn't care about the Relic hunt, but Smokescreen brought me back into things, overall I think Prime is one of the better series. Almost up there with Beast Machines, Beast Wars, and Animated (In that order for me) but hasn't yet hit home completely, I'd love for the animators to get a bigger budget so we could see more characters and bigger fights, but the action they've shown so far is fun and exciting.

It's one of the the better shows, but not my favorite.

2. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

G1>Beast Wars>Prime>Beast Machines>All other Transformer shows except Animated>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Animated way down at the bottom.

Definitely how me and my friends view it.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Love G1, hated Beast Wars, hated Animated, RID was ok, Unicron trilogy does not exist to me, Prime is the best this since G1 after the movies. I like Robot Heroes better though.

4. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright, maybe it's because I didn't grow up with it, but my buddies and tried to watch G1 not too long ago, and just could not get into it. I've read the G1 comics (Uk series) and enjoyed those, but the cartoon was just, meh. Poor animation, poor continuity, and a lot of racism.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've got to disagree.

It seems like a good thread to compare the different Transformers series to Transformers Prime. It really hasn't become a bash Transformers Prime thread but a chance for fans to compare what they liked better in either a past series or what they like better on Transformers Prime.

I've seen far worse ideas for a topic.

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I think that Animated told a very cohesive story in which characters were a vitally important part of the story and helped in progress and grow in a great way- traits developed in the characters and their standout qualities formed the basis of many episodes. It had a surprisingly unique story that showed a very interesting universe we've never seen before, although it did become a bit cliched at times. However, all-in-all it was a fascinating, and funny show.

I remember Beast Wars being very engaging, but it was just as campy. However, it was smart to put itself in prehistoric earth so that the human element had very little focus. The robots were forced to take the spotlight and fortunately, they were interesting enough to do so. However, Beast Wars is such a labor of love in that it relies so heavily on G1 to tell its story, I don't know if I really like it all that much. The time meddling is interesting ,but the spark transfers... not so much.

Prime has its own quirks, but it truly does of pacing issues, more often in its multi-part story arcs, oddly enough. Though I like the characterization, the human element here is too dramatic, with Fowler and the government having such a close relationship with the Autobots. I look forward to seeing how different the status quo is changed up, though, as that's one thing I really enjoyed about Animated- very rarely, you felt a sense of calm, as many elements were popping out of nowhere. With Prime, the fetch quest story and MECH things often seem inconsequential.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Beast Wars and Animated are slightly better than this show but man Prime is still one of the finest animated series i've seen in years.

I never thought the whole in my heart left behind Animated could have been filled with Prime. It's not completley but it's left an impression on me.

I rank Prime up with Cybertron the show that made me the fan i am today.

8. Vladius Prime

Vladius Prime Well-Known Member

growing up in the 80s gen 1 was my favorite, then the '86 movie, then gen 2 transformers with rodimus prime and all them. So all that was my best till it ended and they came with beast wars which i really didnt watch i was in the process of moving so i didnt get a chance to. But move to recently with Animated,Armada, Cybertron, and Energon im sorry after watch few of those they are wayyyy to kiddie and not transformer enough for me, im sorry but my opinion. Then TF Prime came and wow im in love again. Seen all the episodes and just absoultely love it so i will rank it like this: gen1 and movie>TFP>all the rest of the tf shows excluding Beast Wars.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    For me, BW, BM, and Animated tops TFP when it comes to character development and story.

I could watch episode one to the last episode of each seasons with them, and enjoy them. Sure some won't be as great as others, but its still good. With TFP, it almost feels like being in class with a boring teacher, who sometimes goes to sleep in class and the room explodes with action. Then teacher wakes up and the boring tone returns.

Being honest, some of the deaths in TFP are about as pointless as the deaths in the G1 movie. Breakdown gets killed to be used for Mech, and that was one episode only. The build up that suggested that Dreadwing was going to be the Dinobot of the series, ended with a blast hole in the body.

With the others, there was something important and long lasting from it. Dinobot saved the early humans and cost his life, that allowed the humans to be around for the Autobots. Optimus Primal died freeing his home planet from Megatron's control. Blurr was killed off in Animated by Shockwave, to ensure his cover wasn't blown. Shockwave attacked Ultra Magnus and that put SP in charge. Prowl gave up his life in Animated to restore the Allspark, thus his ghost saved Optimus Prime from being pinned down by Megatron as a major explosion was about to happen. With the Allspark back and the jerkish levels of SP seen on Cybertron, Optimus Prime would of probably been Optimus Magnus if season four happened.

10. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Beast Wars and Animated are my favorites. Prime is currently ranked third on my list.

11. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

Prime is alright but no where near the top. the soundtrack and animation is what pushes it upwards. the broken pacing, dropped plot points and only half the characters feeling more then 1 dimensional holds it back. on entertainment level it barely holds itself up to RiD. RiD was whacky but it somehow managed to work in serious story arcs.

to me its like this
    Animated>BW>BM>RiD>Prime>G1>Cybertron>Armada>Energon.

the real question will be is if Beasthunters manages to push Prime higher since its the first time we have seen such a drastic change to the story.

12. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Prime is not original. When Megatron said "Transform and rise up" I almost thought that was an insult for a moment.

Animated and Beast Wars were pretty decent, G1 was pure fun. This show is just trying too hard to be so many things and failing on every level.

13. Vladius Prime

Vladius Prime Well-Known Member

does netflix or hulu have any of the armada or animated shows i wonder. I mean if i can last through the first season of star trek enterprise i know i can watch those LOL.

14. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would order them

Beast Wars>Animated>Prime>G1>RID>Beast Machines>Cybertron>Armada>Energon
    I thought that the AEC trilogy was garbage and while Beast Machines had a good story it was borderline Transformers in name only.

15. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this point I think prime is going to end up being my favorite series. I started watching in g1 and have seen most things since. After prime its a tie between g1 and beast wars for me.

16. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Animated is still the best TF show.