TF Prime: Voyager Megatron or Deluxe Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Dec 2, 2012.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Curious to know, which is in your opinion the better figure:

1. Voyager RiD Megatron from Prime

or

2. Deluxe FE Megatron from Prime

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the alt mode of voyager and the bot mode of deluxe.. I have them both and still can't decide which one I want to keep.

I think due to the scale, i'm keeping the voyager, as the deluxe is way too small to be anywhere in scale with the rest of the retail Prime figures.

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Deluxe is more accurate with better articulation, but has a torso that doesn't truly peg together, making for potential floppiness.
    Voyager is light and hollow with poor arm articulation and floating shoulders. The weapon is also crap.

For size, Voyager. For accuracy, FE deluxe.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have either, but Voyager is obviously better scaled, and it's about the only TFP Voyager with transparent plastic that DOESN'T look like crap.

5. Salty

Salty Fritobot

Def voyager if scale is important. Deluxe for bot mode.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Never played with the Deluxe, but I REALLY do not like the Voyager. I try and try and try to convince myself "maybe it isn't THAT bad as I'm making it out to be". Then I realize, if I need to CONVINCE myself to get it, it definitely isn't for me.

7. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

I like both, but I think the deluxe is the best. Better looking in both modes. Better colors.
    If they could take the best qualities from both figures and put them into one, it'd be amazing.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The deluxe is far and away the better toy in both modes, and just looks better overall due to the headsculpt and colors.

But for a Prime display, it won't do because of it's size. for that reason alone, I also own the Voyager.

9. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    'Better' can be taken many ways. I for one am a scale freak, so I have to say Voyager Megatron. Since I display all my PRIME stuff together, he looks the best when in a pack of decepticons or against the autobots.

With that said, the FE deluxe Megatron looks better overall, better looking headsculpt, better paint job and better looking vehicle mode (no hands sticking out the back), but he's too small. If you just display figures randomly though, he's the way to go. HIs cannon is accurate too!

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a standalone figure the deluxe. In a Prime collection the voyager (unfortunately).

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The Deluxe is a better figure all around due to it's better colors and sculpt as well as transformation scheme. However the scale is the downside for the Deluxe which is a bummer. If the FE were to just upscale the deluxe into Voyager size with some minor tweeks like the FE Voyager then it would be a major improvement.

12. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    FE deluxe is a way better toy and because i prefer my scale to be real life-accurate, he goes good with the legion cars.

13. ChadTheBad

ChadTheBad Cassetticon

Ebay:
    While I own and enjoy both, the deluxe is by far the superior. It has better paint and no lame gimmicky weapon.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Deluxe since i still still don't have the voyager figure.

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I own both, and I like the deluxe a lot better. All the the Voyager really has going for it is its size.

The FE Deluxe has a better head sculpt, better paint, a far more accurate vehicle mode, and a much nicer weapon. He is also more pose-able than the voyager since his arms aren't hindered by the shoulder pauldrons. Plus he's just more fun to transform.

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    IMO, the Voyager is better. I have both the AM Darkness and Final Battle, they are better than the AM Deluxe Megatron that I also have.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you're not a scale freak, the deluxe FE Megatron is better in EVERY way, objective statement. Color, shape of alt mode, weapon accuracy, detailing, transformation, and articulation.

I'm not a scale freak...but then all my Prime figures are packed away and collecting dust so it's not like the size discrepancy matters really.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Since you ask which is a better figure, as answered by virtually everyone, the Deluxe is. In virtually every way IMHO.

The issue, as mentioned is whether or not you care about scale. If you don't, then you don't have any issues at all. If you do, then you're either forced into either going with the pretty terrible Voyager or scaling the others down to compensate by using deluxes and cyberverse.

19. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    The FE deluxe is technically the better figure, but when it comes to Megatron, size is a BIG factor.

AM Final Battle Megatron fixes the Voyager's colouring issues and is a gorgeous figure. It's the best Megatron figure when it comes to balancing size and colouring and is the most ideal Megatron for any collection.

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I'm fine with the voyager. I messed with the deluxe, and it's okay, but the Voyager is better.

I wish the Voyager's face wasn't so squashed.