TF Prime: UK Argos Catalogue Scans

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Brooticus, Jan 20, 2012.

1. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

^This! Wel not flat broke by any means, but grabbing a region free blu ray player seems to have come out ahead of adding to a Transformers collection - or in the case of TF: Prime, starting a whole new one.

I think with these releases I'll take the edge off the rush of new Prime toys by convincing myself to wait and see the Takara versions. In the meantime there's 2/6ths of Hercules to set aside funds for, plus reassesing how much I can commit to the new year's United releases... hmm.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I just get the feeling that that weird left hand gun is his jet thruster.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Say I was wondering if you use VLC to play Blurays on a Blurray drive equipped PC does it play other regions like it does with DVDs ?

And I also noticed that if you have a media center PC then Window media Player will also play the TV shows you record on it - but if you take the same files onto another PC without media center but with media Player on ir they do not work... so there must be a codex missing on non media center PC's standard set up of Media player which is annoying when I wanted to watch TV show like Thundercats recorded from TV on my portable netbook PC I couldn't and VLC does not play that type of file either by default. I'd rather not have to convert them to anther format as you often loose quality that way and it's a waste of drive space too.

Funny really as in the end it's just a big advert for downloading TV shows online instead of buying them on disc or recording them from the TV as then they are so much more portable it seems.

I did think that if you wanted to buy Prime's Tv show on Bluray would they think to make it region Neutral or not and as it's unlikely to get a UK release on Bluray?

I was thinking could I actually play it.?

It looks like they were trying to not have to fold his hand away so they instead made it look like a baffle that covers the engine intake in jet mode - the trouble is that Meg's is quite likely to spend the majority of time in Robot mode so having a funny looking left hand may have not been a good move design wise. and I can not see any similar feature on the CGI either :

[​IMG]

Looks like the nicest way to custom paint his cannon is a mix of black over washed with a purple transluscent top coat and a little silver to make the robot mode look nice. I'm not leaving it Bronze though whatever I decide to do to it.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1327101442.gif
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1327101442.gif

Maybe the Bronze comes from somewhere else : ?

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/4/4a/Goss_marauder.jpg

4. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I am so disappointed with the way Hasbro is going.

First they practically change "Leader" into "The 'too big to go with the other toys unless we make a bunch more characters in this size and don't forget the annoying gimmicks'" class, then we could only rely on Voyager and Deluxe for size-accuracy, and you can see how well that went by comparing DOTM Voyager Ironhide with DOTM Voyager Prime. Now they give Voyager gimmicks because they want to force us to have the gimmicks for who-knows-why! In 10 years all we'll have is Cyberverse at this rate.

On top of that, every toy bought in the US finances the Chinese army!!

-end rant-

5. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    It's because kids like neat gimmicks like light up weapons and armor. It's cool.

And stop buying toys if you don't want to "finance the Chinese army", you nitwit.

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I don't see any bronze anywhere...

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think everything you buy from china finances the Chinese Army - indirectly :~

I would be very pleased to see with how much Voyagers have now shrunk a return to Ultra's and have that size used for much of the stuff they now use for Leaders and then give us Leaders that are big dude like Trypticon or Metroplex.

Leader Bumblebee was completely unacceptable to me for a multiplicity of reasons. the most obvious being you can't really do anything very much with him except as a stand alone toy as he's simply far to big.

Heck if you stand cab mode Ultimate Optimus next to Leader Bumblebee he's bigger.

So in short bring back Ultras.

Just to clarify I'm talking about the bronze on the Thumbnail images linked off the front page not the silvery looking one in the catalogue scan from Argos.

His feet ? his claws, 90% of his arm cannon ... they are not grey are they - you can call it Bronze, Tan or mucky brown but it sure isn't grey. (and by Bronze I mean mucky Brass not tarnished brown metal like a statue Bronze) The colour I see is the colour of 2007 Voyager Megatron's fingers.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/6/4/7/VMegs_1327101442.gif
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/6/4/7/VMegsAlt_1327101442.gif

8. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    You don't think I'm waiting until I'm ABLE to buy Takara toys, you nitwit?

9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    No, it's been confirmed a few months ago. All toys bought in the US finance the Chinese army.

God, what is wrong with these people?

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There's no difference between the Hasbro and Takara versions as far as production goes. They're both designed by the same people and produced in the same factories. Money from them goes to the same cause.

Also again, these are toys for children. Stop being so fussy about it.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Once again, it's the poor quality of the pictures that makes those parts look bronze/brown/gold-ish (I'm beginning to sound like a broken record now). all the silver also has a somewhat tarnished look to it.

How about we wait to see better pictures before turning this into a raging argument. We aren't going to go anywhere but circles this way...

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying that anything bought from china indirectly finances whatever china wants to spend it on - heck you could say buying a table from china finances sewage plants and it would still be kind of true.

If the money for toys is ring fenced for the Army then that is 'interesting' it make me wonder does the Household wears & Furtniture they sell fund the Chinese Navy and the Clothing and Sporting goods the Airforce ?- 'laugh'.

Not so great if you live in Taiwan and want to buy Hasbro toys though.

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    blue BB will be my nightbeat...

well I know what I will be doing today... going to argos extra only to be told they didn't get any but they have plenty of HA stuff that I will most likely get

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure i'm right ; The reason I can say this is the other colours are not brown or discoloured and the shins and chest would be brownish too if it was just taken under a really yellowish light - the light in the robot mode isn't yellowish at all.

It's not rocket science - the Picture in the Argos catalogue is a photoshopped Official Hasbro pic and the thumbnail is an in hand sample - they just decided to use a different shade of plastic for those parts on the production toy to what is shown in the pre-release image in the Argos catalogue.

As I said before I suggest that the "Not grey or not purple" bit are made from the same softer plastic Cliffjumpers horns are made from (only not that colour) and that is why they do not match the colourof the hard plastic used to make his arms and legs.

15. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Oh shit, I better check in to the BURN ward

I was gonna respond to that knob but you kinda roasted him for me. GraziƩ, Split.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I have finally gotten around to commenting.

I am really glad for that new Vehicon and the Megatron. I don't really like the new Prime so I'll just get the first one. I also really like that mining drill and the Cyberverse Knockout looks good.

As it has been confirmed that this catalog has Mirage it is safe to assume that crappy Sideways repaint is him. SOMEONE WILL BURN FOR THIS!

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Dino

18. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well from what I can see most of Yorkshire has been cleaned out already. Ah well, guess I'll just wait for the scalpers to start listing on Ebay.

At least I saved myself a walk into town this morning ><

19. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    That new Vehicon is beautiful, definitely getting him on Monday, slightly tempted to get Megatron as well :D 

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Too soon?

I don't think it's in the case assortment that Argos have received.