TF Prime - Rage of the Dinobots #2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by optimaloptimus2, Jan 3, 2013.

1. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    Couldn't find a thread for this, so made one myself.

So, what did you guys think?
    Pretty good?

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was surprised there was no thread yet myself. I picked it up, it was ok. I thought there was an interesting bait-and-switch concerning who was going to get "forged," UM or Swoop. However the bad guys come off as faintly ridiculous unless there is a lot more to their "plan" that we haven't seen yet. (They did manage to stage a mass prison break!) We also haven't learned much about the Predacons yet.

The final page reveal wasn't really worth much at all, considering it just raises questions e.g. why didn't Shockwave lobotomize the Dinobots FIRST and then experiment on them and turn them into super-soldiers? It also will lead to an uncomfortable outcome either way. If Swoop's operation is reversible, it feels cheap and it makes faction allegiance a little too fluid in the Prime universe. If it isn't, then it's just a really mean-spirited offing of a popular character. And either way, the villains still aren't exactly winning here.

Grimlock's repeated threatening of Ser-Ket with his sword was also staged and written awkwardly. As nice as it is to see the Dinobots and Ultra Magnus kick ass, this book is not wowing me.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Anyone care to upload a pic of "Forged" Swoop?

4. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    It's Swoop in Dino mode. And I think he had an eye patch.

Also, Ser-Ket is confirmed female.

5. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    So they turned him into a Star Seeker?

6. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it, for sure these books are eclipsed by mtmte and rid, but still enjoyable none the less. Bear in mind this 6 issue comic

Like how in the aligned, transformers with beast modes are basically the result of shockwave's madness.

Looking forward to seeing where it all leads into season 3 of tfp.

7. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    So, is Magnus' design the Toy-accurate design or are the wheel wells mistransformed?

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    what the hell? Mistransformed.

In the official comic.

9. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Yep, mistransformed.

Or maybe, they're FOC-ish.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought it was mostly boring.

But it was better than the first issue, at least..

11. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I too found this rather boring. The art style wasn't really doing it for me, and I didn't really see any sort of difference in Swoop when he was revealed on the last page. I guess I've been spoiled with the stellar output in MTMTE, that when I pick up a book that drags things out too long due to lack of substance it just feels hollow.

12. Baron Prime

Baron Prime Well-Known Member

Only buying this one for collection. Kids are enjoying it though.

13. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
  14. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Bought it just to find out Ser-Ket's gender. Female. YES!!

This fembot's got some attitude. The way she slying holds Grimlock's sword with her finger, YE-OW. And those hips, mmmmm Oh-YEAH Momma!

Oh and the issue was pretty good too. :) 

15. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's weird because the upper body especially the shoulder post resembles the Orion Pax clip. But he lower leg resembles the mistransform wheel stock photo. For me, I'm all good because that's how I display one of my Voyager UM, lol. I like the mistransform wheel more than the corrected version.
    Somehow, after seeing the comic, I'm kind of having the same feeling. I was hoping they would upgrade the Voyager by making his transformation more complex and other junkies stuff.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Artists working on comics like these don't get their own figures to use as examples. All they can often hope for is some official material given to them, but I don't think that's always the case.

Don't find it that surprising that a character would be drawn mistransformed. :) 

17. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was 6, but really ehaylt I was trying to say before my phone rang and other shit happened like that was:

Its not fair to compare mtmte and rid to a 4 issue mini series that effectively bridges a video game to the introduction of the predacons in season 3 of a TFP.

Like really think about it, the creative team has to do a lot with 4 issues that are tethered to FOC and TFP, these comics were never going to achieve the magnitudes of awesome that mtmte, rid, or even regeneration are reaching, there are just too many constraints.

I'm buying them with very little expectations, I like the team up with the Dinobots and UM, and hopefully this gets more people that just watch the show or played FOC to start buying the rest of the idw comics. The more tf comics idw sells the more Roberts, barber, and Furman will get the green light to keep doing their thing (I'm willing to bet Furman has got something planned for after regeneration ends, maybe in the idw g1 continuity?).

So imo, if you love mtmte and rid, don't flinch at spending an extra 10 bucks on whatever other tf comics come down the pipe in a month, it lets idw know what we want, and who knows, maybe tf5 moviegerse will be written by Roberts and Barber if we're really lucky.

18. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    She's got that Mileena effect on me.

I can look by that mouth. ;) 

19. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    +1

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Got the second issue yesterday. Honestly it's rather a little predictible but it still has some interesting things going on. Like the idea of the forging and if Ser-Ket does have Ripclaw as a twin sister. Seeing what happened to Swoop in the end would it be possible if one or two of the main Autobots or at least some new ones will get forged into the side of the Decepticons? Like if Ripclaw and Laserback are in fact Arcee and Ratchet reforged into Predacons?