TF Prime Beast Hunters deluxe Ripclaw

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Yobuster, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... why did the original 'oops' release cardback art look so much better than this official Ripclaw image? I'm still totally enjoying Beast Hunters and am staring at and loving Laserback right now, but this Ripclaw isn't blowing my skirt up too much.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The grey (greyish green) is a lot more menacing (maybe they will make both eventually ?) but she don't look very female to me ; rather she looks like a Gargoyle.

It's a shame they didn't put the uter joint of her shoulder guards on ball joints that is going to make her arm movement very blocked - to raise her arms at all you need to move them so far out of the way it will look a bit silly.

Dead End is terrific - he's also one of the most painted toys Hasbro has bothered to make for years (possibly along with Hotshot). He's also not inconsistent with a load of Lancia Stratos racing and rally cars either which were all sorts of bonkers colours and Jackie's car mode is inspired by the original and modern Stratos (to some extent). There's also the great advantage that you don't loose a mould when you get Spikey Jackie you still have an original mould example "In continuity" either that or a repurposed Dark Energon Jackie as Slicer. Beside he's a robot Vampyric Zombie master with Laser swords how can you not like that ?

Oh what gives with the changed Predacon logo the Predaking logo is cool it's still suggestive of a con logo but it's also nice as it prevents confusion with the beast Era Predacon to some degree and it also complements the idea of the G2 Autobot logo which looks like the leader too (in that case Optimus).

If they gave them an assortment of unique or semi-unique logos I'd be up for that though. but the previous logo is far far superior the new one looks a trifle silly with that single horn coming out of the top.

3. jop

jop Sesquipedaliacon

I have to disagree; I think it shows either a lack of creativity, or an intentional drive toward overly simplistic transformations. Compare and contrast Cybertron Snarl - his torso essentially turns inside out, so that his wolf mode forelegs are hidden in robot mode, and his robot mode arms are hidden in wolf mode. One imagines that there were many similar, or even more creative, solutions to the issue produced during the various Beast Wars eras.

I will also add, again, that as far as I'm aware this is the third out of exactly three Prime Predacons that transforms in this way - Predaking uses the 'walking-on-hind-legs' approach, Laserback uses the same approach, and now Ripclaw also. Again; either uncreative, or intentionally simplistic.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    TM Cheetor's Beast Head ends up as his robot arms too. and bantor's robot arms are his head and his tail from the beast mode.

As i've said many times though I love the Transmetal 2 scouts (basics) and most of them are quite light on the limb swapping - they transform but the arms and legs don't often change to much - that has no effect on my love for them though. the same is true for the likes of Beast Wars Silverbolt too.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    It's disappointing how old Sky Shadow has a gloriously twisted transformation sequence, yet seemingly all these dragon-bots share the same boring, basic one.

6. sharkdude5

sharkdude5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] looks like a redecoed version of the beast in this picture

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Gynoids!

I like this new guy!

8. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    So. I do think she's Ser-ket. And I think she changed her name in shame, because OHGODTHOSECOLORSWHATDIDTHEYDO!? I liked the box art sooooo much better. -_-;

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Colors are a little weird, but I'll still pick it up. Hope we get a Ser-Ket redeco at some point.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  10. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Actually. Scratch that. I know what happened to her colors. Ladies and Gentlemen, what we have here is a classic case of "All My Circuit's - Cybertron."

You see, Ser-ket and Shockwave were a couple inseperable. He had a giant glowing eye, and a one armed blaster. She had... Teeth. And well, they were awesome together. But then Shockwave works on the Predacons. He goes all Reed Richards on her, and locks himself in his lab. Ser-ket gets depressed, and eventually breaks it off with Old Shocky, who doesn't mind, because it's simply logical. He thought he was fine. He was wrong.

See, he finishes Predaking, and Predaking is badass. Like, awesome badass, and Ser-ket totally swoons over him. With Shocky having hurt her, she wants to hurt him. So she hooks up with Predaking and goes all Rebel without a cause. She goes through the process to become a predacon too, and her colors go all rager raver day glow groupie girl, and changes her name to Rip Claw because well.. She's going through a "phase."

When this happens, Shocky get's all depressed. It hits him! What he did, how could he have been so blind? How could he have missed this all!? In an effort to win her back, he brings badassaking to Megatron and introduces him as the Ultimate Autobot hunter(Because beefing up your competition is always smart. Poor Shocky, love has broken his processor.). He thinks this will put distance between Predabadass and Ser-Ket, but he doesn't know by trying to push them apart, he'll only bring them closer. Which ends up happening, she jumps ship to Earth to be by her new mans side, and intends to hunt Autobots with her new beau Predaking. Meanwhile.. Shocky? Shocky returns to the empty husk of Cybertron, alone.

11. mirageandjazz11

mirageandjazz11 Banned

no.................................. no no no no no NO!!!!! you are wrong this is ser-ket they just had an accidental name swap...i hope!

i will be right i will.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm just going to nod and say "yes".

Yes.

13. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does it matter if they swapped names?, either is hardly well known/loved.

14. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    ...and with this apparent color change the only BH toy i so far was remotely bothered by has become another 'Do not want'.

15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant say I'm too fused about the colours and it actually looks like an OK toy for the Prime line since it does not look that hollow.

16. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Ew.
    Those real colors are ugly.
    ...I'm still gonna get her.

You know, what was wrong with just calling it Ser-Ket and saying he's a usurped leader of the Predacons and be done with it?

17. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look I'm still getting this thing because I like dragons and I'm a completist but my point is why bother calling it a she when there is nothing that makes it look remotely female?

Heck Starscream pulls it off better (hence the Slipstream repaint!). Stick this on the shelf for a few weeks and I'm sure I'll start referring to it as a he. Arachnid was a turd but at least she looked like a female turd!

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Is Serket even a girl though ?

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm actually having a hard time saying "she" even now.

20. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen that face before!