TF Prime 10th Anniversary Official Reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by vproject, Sep 9, 2020.

1. indifferent

indifferent Well-Known Member

No cracks that I can see. Only issues I noticed are that missing piece on his left leg and a right thigh that's hard to swivel. I haven't tried transforming him yet, though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

Guess I got pretty lucky - my Breakdown has no issues but a minor paint blemish on the chest/bumper. Difficult to get those rear panels to all sit flush, but I recall the same issue on Silas Breakdown too.

3. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

I'm about 50-50 on whether to just cancel my preorder. These sound like nightmares.

4. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Megatron Darkness with Gora II and Hades!

I'm not putting any more stickers on them besides some of the Decepticon logos and sticker in the mouth of the cannon. This set is prrrutty damn sweet for only 30 chromes!

Although I can go the rest of my life without assembling any more Arms Microns and/or putting on stickers.

IMG_2714.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

So I finally got these guys.
    Got to say Breakdown is a really bad figure, bad articulation and stiff joints, very minimal detailing.
    The Vehicon is really good all around.

Did not know there was no paint and we had to use stickers.. bit of a disappointment as I hate stickers.
    Breakdown still looks flat from the front with stickers, Vehicon looks good with or without stickers so I left them off.
    They both look amazing on the shelf and fill out my Decepticon ranks nicely but I don't feel the urge to play with Breakdown which is a shame.
    £20 for each is a fair price but glad I didn't go for anything above £40.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Untitled.png

LOL, I guess my defective copy with the cracks (on the right, left is a Googled image) is also missing a pre-applied sticker and/or paint below the boob/chest circled in the right photo? :p o_O 

Well, I got another set re-ordered/on the way. Hasbro refunded me for this set and told me to keep it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    I’m so sorry for everyone having issues. I guess I hit the jackpot because mine are great all around. Well, aside from the peelers of course.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    That's not a sticker, that's a paint app you're missing.

Source: I own an OG Arms Micron Breakdown and it looks like the one on the left.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    I got a real lemon. Cracks in the plastic, his right eye was missing paint, and the head was popped off when I opened up the box... chest missing paint, lol.

And the product box was kind of smashed but the shipping box was pristine, and had air cushions.

10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna lie, but this is strongly reminding me of the same problems that were reported when Hasbro last reused the "First Edition" mold of Cliffjumper. The quality control was just not there.

In comparison, the first-run FE Cliffjumper I paid $50 bucks for to have shipped from Canada when those toys came out has remained absolutely flawless to this day.

It makes me wonder what exactly is going on with these Prime era molds, because mold degradation alone wouldn't even begin to explain the issues.

And it's only the Prime molds, because my Generations Selects Super Megatron is absolutely perfect in every way, even the thin line 'shield' forehead deco is crisp. Though that may be because he could have been produced by Takara's factories and not Hasbro's, so the standards are different.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

They do generally share the same factories, and it might just be a Transformers prime issue in general

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Maybe - the design for Breakdown certainly involves a lot more clear plastic than I feel really was warranted in the interest of the toy's longetivity since his forearms and hand are entirely clear plastic and the fit for the rhinohammer to recreate his weapon look in the show is so stupidly tight that I refuse to ever do it again lest I break the plastic.

I remember being one of the many people who were critical about the figure not making it to Hasbro distribution because of a combination of potential safety issues that were undisclosed as well as the bullshit product plan Hasbro had at the time (namely they couldn't cram a stupid light-up gimmick in Breakdown), but given the issues with the clear plastic showing up now I'm beginning to wonder if those concerns about safety were far more well founded than initially believed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    IMG_2906.JPG

Just got my re-order, Breakdown is not broke! Paint where it should be and no cracks in the plastic anywhere. One of the thigh swivel is locked, but I got it to loosen up. Yay!

(Anybody know how long it takes for Hasbro Global Customer Care to issue a refund by any chance? It's been a week and nothing yet)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

I was reading the FAQ, you might need to wait three weeks for it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

I got a lemony Breakdown as well, and a little bit got on Vehicon.

Breakdown cannot stand, his legs are too lose. He cannot hold his arms up at all, putting the hammer in his hand makes his arm go full ragdoll. The mushroom peg that holds his left calf/wheel section on was not attached right during packaging and therefore has zero grip and will fall off in either mode. He is missing the same paint app as above. (He has both eyes) He cannot look forward or straight-on because of something in his neck causing it to pop back.

Vehicon was actually perfect, except the V shaped leg things had been attached upside down and on the wrong sides, so I had to cut the pink tab to free them, then the small tab on the tip of the V that locks them in place so it would work on the wrong side.

Otherwise, great set!... (no)

• Like Like x 1
  16. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Have you tried contacting Hasbro? The misassembly on Jet Vehicon and neck thing on Breakdown are clearly manufacture defects (mine as well mention the missing paint).

I took pictures of the cracks on my Breakdown and attached it to the contact form on Hasbro Pulse, then the following business day I called them and referenced the zendesk number you get when you submit the form. They then forwarded my call to Hasbro Global Customer Care.

They will ask for some numbers off the box, so have that on hand. Then they will probably then give you two options, a full refund or send you a 'comparable' item, because their system will tell you the item is not in stock (but we all know its in stock on Hasbro Pulse and can be ordered still).

I didn't even bother mentioning the set was in stock on the Pulse site, and opted for the full refund and just went and re-ordered another set.

This was the first time I ever had to contact Hasbro Pulse for anything, and they were amazeballs. I think the whole call took maybe 20 including wait time.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

So I opened my Breakdown/Vehicon pack to mess around with, and the figures are pretty cool but I've run into issues myself.

After transforming my Vehicon twice into his flying car mode and back, I've noticed a sizeable stress fracture forming on that clear peg that keeps his alt. mode windshield together. I think it happened when I was trying to get the back bit to slot into the shoulders (heard a crack sound). Will hot water/a hair dryer make it go away?

For Breakdown, the piece pictured is the friction hinged outer truck shell for his alt. mode (specifically from his left leg). It came out of the package with stress marks already, and it stresses more and more when I try to get the back half of alt. mode to fit together; seems like the rear bumper doesn't go low enough to slot in where it's supposed to?

I don't have thigh swivel issues with Breakdown like everyone else has had (both thighs are workable on mine out of the packaging) but I do have some of the red face paint sploshed on his face. Both their head ball joints seem to want to snap the head back to neutral if I try and pose them, but Vehicon is fine otherwise.

Attached Files:

18. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I’m really glad that Habro rereleased these. My fondness for the show has only grown with time, and I never really went in on the figures (aside from a handful) the first time around. With both these and the APC Toys releases, I’ve been able to build a small TFP collection and am really impressed with the overall engineering. Not crazy about the arms microns, many joints are loose, and the sticker quality is really, really horrific and offensive (please save us Reprolabels), but I love the designs of the figures themselves. Some pictures:

The three 10th anniversary rereleases

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Switching out Hades for APC Dark Master

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some comparison shots between Hades Megatron and APC Dark Master

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel like Hades is a undersized while Dark Master is a bit oversized relative to their screen counterpart. Dark Master is obviously more screen accurate, but I do love the look and versatility of Hades. He makes a great demonic Megatron.

[​IMG]

I think the others scale perfectly with FE/APC Prime, and look really good together

[​IMG]

Overall, vhappy I went in on these guys, QC issues notwithstanding.

• Like Like x 11
  19. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

Decided to cancel my preorder. Visually they're stunning (limited paint applications aside), and the transformations look like they should be really fun, but the stickers and the QC issues make me way too uneasy, even if the price is as low as it could feasibly be (heck, it's a bargain considering Breakdown's larger than your typical deluxe).

20. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Breakdown is a voyager, thats why.