TF panel at NYCC live coverage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Build a bot should be called KitBash Mode...

2. JTC

JTC Decepticon

DAT SOUNDWAVE REDECO!

Makes me wonder if the last couple of dotm waves will just be repaints. Hopefully theres some new TF in future waves.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Wonder if that black Soundwave deco is supposed to be Soundblaster? If so, might have to pick him up too. XD

4. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, one shouldn't get one's hopes up, right?

5. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur Cocktalk

News Credits:
    Well after a seeing a video of the presentation they didnt say the movie series was over, just that those figures were all they wanted to show. Shadow was right about the spring thing this "trilogy" malarky is probably the send off line (why would they keep calling it that rather than dotm?) Also customisation sounds really awesome, hope we get to see a video of that in action soon.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  6. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Maybe if the Movie toyline is now based on all 3 Movies they can make all that stuff they missed out doing or doing properly before like ;

a 1970's Bumblebee or other Constructicons, not to mention the Kitchen crew, Dispensor, and a decent sized Bonecrusher.

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad I was busy this weekend, this all seems to have turned out a bit of a confusing mess but now the dust has settled they showed some pretty nice stuff.

Quite pleased to see the deluxe movie prime with trailer, sort of wanted that but definitely not at Japanese prices!

Movie Trilogy is a nice, simple, sensible name for the send off line, hopefully they'll be revisiting characters that got pap toys and filling in gaps from all three movies. HA is by far my favourite line and I'd love to see them do an old and busted Bumblebee HA for one, and Sideways for another.

Dotm deluxes shown don't really interest me, I'll be getting the HA Soundwave, Que is an ugly design, the white one looks nicer but I've already got an RtS Wheeljack thanks. White Ratchet is neat but I already got a white RotF Ratchet.

TFP stuff, now this is where it's at, glad I browsed the thread otherwise I wouldn't have caught that the wave 1 BB and CJ are all new moulds. Somewhat perplexing move by Hasbro, even more so as they made no mention of the fact in their presentation but they're both much better then the FE ones and thus greatly appreciated.
    At this rate I won't be buying any of the first edition figures. :lol 
    Wheeljack and Soundwave both look fantastic, SW especially is really impressive, coming with Laserbeak is just icing on the cake. The only thing that will keep me from this figure is a voyager version.
    Disappointed they didn't show Ratchet, again, really like his design and eagerly waiting to see the figure but ho hum.

Evac, eh, he's a no name with a weird design but I kinda like it, will probably pick him up in deluxe form at some point.

8. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Maybe I missed this detail, but in what way are they better? (Not being skeptical, I'm just really curious.)

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee seems to have more accurate shoulders and wings while Cliffjumper seems to have more accurate EVERYTHING.

10. Fort Max

News Credits:
    You'll just have to bring the pictures up side by side and decide for yourself but to my eye, the wv1 BB looks much sharper, more aggressive in car mode and comes with two blasters just to pick out a few points.
    Cliffjumper is vastly different and is definitely going to come down to personal taste but I think the new one looks better. It is annoying that the FE CJ has his show accurate guns but since the arms are so different I doubt they'd be usable on the wv1 figure anyway.

11. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Perhaps some one might care to shuffle together some photo comparisons ?

The question is if Cliffjumper isn't in Wave 00 then does than mean that other version of the toy is never going to come out at all ?

Also is Soundwave different from his previously shown images too ?

12. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Wake me up when/if Leader-class Shockwave gets revealed...

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I would be surprised if any of the First Edition figures didn't see release. It's a little odd, but what would normally be just one wave, is three.

Nope, in fact, those are the same two images that were shown at SDCC. Considering he was always going to be a part of the main line, rather than the preview line, that's not surprising.

14. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cliffjumper will be in wave 1.5 of the preview wave, if I remember correctly, so the first edition mold should be released in November/December alongside Bumblebee, Starscream, Arcee, Optimus and Bulkhead. And then the new mold we saw at NYCC will probably be released in March.

And no, Soundwave is no different.

15. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Seconded. :) 

16. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

What would have been cooler for TF: Prime Wheeljack's 'attack mode' is if each sword plugged into, and ran parallel with either side of the altmode. That'd give him sideswiping weapons for the two long sifes of the vehicle mode instead of an unweildy array sticking out the narrow front.

Prime Soundwave is slim, but more substantial than a casual glimpes at his altmode would have many people think. He's solid enough to keep certain other Decpticons in line, and I too hope he has his Breastforce-like interaction with Laserbeak!

17. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

and Elita-1's own mold... Clovercon, a better Jazz etc xD it would be nice, let's wait for it

I think they already HAD plans for new molds of some characters, 'cause I think the preview waves were designs made before for the Generations line (remember the listings for Starscream, Bee, Arcee, Megatron and Optimus?... maybe there was more like Cliff or Vehicon...) so for the main TFP toyline they had better transformation designs and stuff :p 

18. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Plus Generations next month and/or some United versions of figures that Takara are catching up on and in some cases reinterpreting, in January if any of that takes you fancy or anyone elses. ;) 

19. Armentitron

Armentitron Well-Known Member

That Prime Wheeljack could really pass for a Drift...

20. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that you mention that, if Reprolabels made a Mach 5 set for him, I'd probably get him just to have a Mach 5 TF!